Chapter 8

Finding my Twin Brother

L e t ’ s  M a k e  A  D e a l

It was overwhelming. Kwangmin had been stressed out with studies before but never with family issues. He had so many things in his mind and to think it all over, what better way to discuss it with the person whose going through the same thing. His 'possible' brother, Youngmin. 
 
Youngmin managed to convince Kwangmin to think everything over at his palace instead of going to talk to the parents right away. Once they left Donghyun's house with sadness hanging over their shoulders, they directly headed to the mansion. Youngmin explained it would it be easier to talk there rather than repeatedly hiding in Kwangmin's room every now and then they hear footsteps of someone coming in to interrupt. Plus, they just found out that Kwangmin's walls aren't as thick as the they thought since the ’fake’ dad did hear Kwangmin supposedly talking to himself.
 
It was awkward. It came back. That hateful aura. Both didn't have anything to say. 
 
Kwangmin's mind was filled with thoughts about how he could possibly confront his parents about the lies. How can he come up to them without feeling guilty that he eavesdropped and how can he just ask his mom what happened to her. He surely didn't know how to approach this situation at all. He was on a dead end. 
 
Youngmin on the other hand was bombarded with thoughts about how he doesn't want to confront Kwangmin’s parents. His own dad had not come home for more than two weeks and he won't be home anytime soon, so Youngmin was not worried about him at all. 
 
What he was worried about was, he didn't want to find out if he was related to Kwangmin because he faced it. He had admitted it. Right now. In his mind, he had admitted that he was falling for Kwangmin. That he liked his look-alike more than a guy should. Being a boy was already complicated, but finding out the one you like is your brother? twin brother? Youngmin wanted to punch his own gut. 
 
Even though he knew the possibility was high, Youngmin didn't want to find out the one and only Kwangmin was his brother. He was scared. The prince was actually scared. 
 
"Kwang..." Youngmin finally broke Kwangmin's thoughts. "Maybe... We shouldn't tell ..."
 
"What..?" Yup, that definitely corrupted the plan Kwangmin was building in his mind a few minutes ago. 
 
"I don't think we should tell our parents about us meeting."
 
"...Why..? Why not...?" Kwangmin really didn't expect Youngmin to oppose the intentional plan. He was all ears for the reason. 
 
"I .. Just think it's better if we continue the way we are now... I mean.. Even if we find out we are .. Brothers .. What different does it make. I'm still Youngmin, and your still Kwangmin."
 
The KangSeoo student's mouth sat there agape with wonder. He still didn't understand why Youngmin would say this. He didn't even know how to start to ask. 
 
"B-but.. But aren't you curious...? If we really are related?"
 
Not really
 
"Aren't you wondering why our parents lied to us?"
 
Not really...
 
"I don't know about you, but I'm really curious why my mom and dad didn't tell me the truth! That my dad isn't my real dad. What my mom is hiding from me! And if we are related how come we aren't together? What happened??!"
 
Kwangmin now raised his voice while Youngmin did the opposite and stayed quiet, looking down in his hands. 
 
"And what if ... What if we are twins Kwangmin... How do you feel about that....?"
 
"I would love it! I would love for you to be my brother Youngmin! I've always been an only child and being able to share this experience with you. I would be so happy if you were my brother.."
 
Youngmin kept his face down. Too embarrassed to look up, but
Kwangmin startled him when he placed his two hands on each of the prince's shoulder to turn him around and faced each other properly.
 
"Don't you want me to be your brother Youngmin?"
 
"No..."
 
It hurt. It hurt more than Kwangmin imagined a heartbreak would feel. He slowly let go of his twin's shoulders and pulled back. 
 
"W-why....?"
 
Youngmin then realized he voiced his thoughts instead of keeping them in. His eyes met the teary ones his twin had and felt guilty. Kwangmin kept repeating himself. Desperate to know why. Why why... Why not...
 
"Because I like you!" 
 
There was no turning back now. Those simple words Youngmin admitted, made the biggest impact in both of their lives. Kwangmin flashed a look of confusion which made Youngmin go on.
 
"I like you! I realized I fell for you! The hundred confessions I get are nothing compared to you! Those people are nothing compared to you! Why else would I let some stranger I barely met live at my house and live my life for me?! Why else would I let anyone I barely know get close to my best friends. Ever since I met you, there was something there. Your so incredibly smart, its envious. You might not be athletic but the way you run is incredibly cute. I've never met anyone whose room is entirely of Pikachu and not be embarrassed about it. Whose ... Personality is as caring as yours to their friends... Who would study their hearts out for their parent's future... You might look like me, but your not like me... Your different and I want you..."
 
Youngmin cracked. It was the first confession he had ever made in his life. He ran out of breath from spitting everything out in one go. And, it was only the beginning. Youngmin took a deep breath and continued, but this time, with a softer voice.
 
"... I like you Kwangmin.. I want to care for you and I feel like I need and have to do whatever it takes to make you happy... Even if I have to give up my wealth. I'll do it." 
 
Kwangmin was beyond surprised. His body was frozen solid as he listened to every word Youngmin blurted out. He didn't even know where to begin. He never saw it coming. He thought finding out his parents secret was overwhelming, but this topped the cake. 
 
Youngmin's eyes were on him. The prince didn't even look away for one second from the boy he desired. He made it perfectly clear with his mind, body and soul that Kwangmin should know it's not a joke. Not even a bit of a lie.
 
Finally Kwangmin's frozen body started to thaw. His hands shook as he tried to gesture some form of denial wave. His mouth opened, but no words came out and when they finally did, they were all stutters.
 
"N-no... no... I-I'm s-sure you're just feeling brotherly a-affection ... Y-You ca-"
 
"NO! It's not! It's not Kwangmin! You don't feel like you want to kiss your brother! You don't dream of him and you don't wish to hold him in your arms as tight as you can with the intentions of never letting go and kiss his lips as passionately as you can to show how much you want and care for him. You don't do that to your twin! You don't do that to your brother! ...... You don't feel that way about your twin brother..."
 
It felt like a thousand fireworks flew out of Youngmin's mouth and into Kwangmin's heart. Youngmin took a deep breath to calm his beating chest because now he is worried about what Kwangmin thinks and what answer he'd give.
 
And his worst nightmare had began. It felt like in a blink of an eye Kwangmin stood up from the bed and slowly started to back away. 
 
"This is insane Youngmin.... Y-your a guy... And Y-you look like me...!"
 
"Kwangmin... Kwangmin wait...." Youngmin felt like his heart can turn into dust any minute now.
 
"Your.. your not in love with me ... Your only attracted to y-yourself that’s all..." Kwangmin was now headed out the door and the prince just couldn't let that happen. 
 
"Wait! Kwangmin! Please don't leave! Kwangmin!" Youngmin pleaded with a breaking voice that reflected his heart. Good thing he was faster than Kwangmin and managed to catch his wrist to hold and push the one in denial against the closed door. "Please don't leave like that..."
 
Kwangmin groaned in surprise at Youngmin's strength to push him like that, but the athletic twin didn't regret it. It was the only way to stop Kwangmin and if it involved trapping him between the wall and his own body, Youngmin would do it. 
 
"Kwangmin..... I know it's wrong... Specially with the stake of us being related right now... but what can I do.. ?!"
 
"....." The one against the door remained still and only listened. 
 
"I can't lose you right now Kwangmin... please... Help me..." 
 
It was the first time Kwangmin ever saw a tear, two, three, four and many more fall on Youngmin's cheeks. For once Youngmin looked vulnerable. Sure he had seem himself cry before but the Youngmin’s tears was like each droplets had sparkles on it. Kwangmin's felt his knees weakening at the sight. 
 
Youngmin slowly let go. He decided if Kwangmin wanted to leave then now was an okay time. He didn't want to be seen crying anyway. The one in tears turned around and head back to his bed but to his surprise, he was stopped by Kwangmin's gentle hand slipping into his. 
 
"Let's figure this out..."
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
Where to begin, they both didn’t know, but Youngmin started to calm now knowing his confession speech has ended. Another awkward silence dropped in-between them like a bomb. Youngmin had calmed and now only waited for Kwangmin to say something, but the latter didn't even know how to start, so Kwangmin stayed seated on his spot on the bed with his legs folded in his mermaid style way. 
 
Youngmin laid on his bed and with Kwangmin's permission, Youngmin held his twin's hand to help himself feel at ease about making sure Kwangmin won't run away.
 
It was as if their personalities switched. Kwangmin the playful one was now silent and thinking diligently of what to do while the Prince of calm and collected, was being playful by twirling his fingers around Kwangmin's own to distract him from his nervousness.
 
The Honor twins were in deep silence for an hour now. Youngmin felt like he can drown in it. 
 
A deep sigh was heard and caused Youngmin to turn to face at his look-alike. Finally Kwangmin spoke.
 
"We still should tell my parents ..."
 
Youngmin sighed as well disappointedly. 
 
"Listen Youngmin-ah... I have a deal for you..."
 
Youngmin stared with a brow up, curious about what preposition it was. 
 
"We ask them for the truth... If we aren't related.... I-I'll try to be with you..." 
 
Youngmin loved that hint of blush on Kwangmin's cheeks. 
 
"But... If we are... I'll help you give up on me..."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Thank you guys for commenting on the last update~ You guys are so great. It really keeps me going, so please keep it going to and I will give you more fast updates (: I hope you like this one. My girlfriend hit me ^^;;