Chapter 7

Finding my Twin Brother

Y o u ' r e  m y  T w i n  B r o t h e r

 
Kwangmin's heart stopped and as calm as Youngmin tried to be, he too was very surprised with this sudden news. He didn't know what to say or how to react to it, so he continued to listen. 
 
"Stop it! This is not the time to be discussing this!"
 
Perfect timing Mr. Cho
 
They heard a sigh from the mom and nothing more. Kwangmin quickly yet quietly ran upstairs back to his room with Youngmin following behind. He was definitely worried about Kwangmin. He couldn't imagine what his look-alike might be feeling, but in a non-explainable way, he sort of understood it. 
 
"He... He is not my real father...?" His voice was shaking. His hands were shaking. His body was shaking. 
 
Youngmin felt sorry. He closed the door and locked it behind him before walking to the devastated Kwangmin. 
 
"Kwangmin-ah..."
 
"Why would they lie to me...?"
 
Youngmin slowly wrapped his arms around the now crying one and held him close. He didn't know what words can comfort him, so he just did the only thing he can think of. 
 
Kwangmin let his tears fall on Youngmin's caring shoulders and held onto him. He couldn't hold back. He felt so much emotions. Betrayal and confusion was all in his head. He was lost. 
 
Youngmin never heard Kwangmin cry before. Sure he heard many girls cry before and most of them because of him from denying their confessions, but hearing Kwangmin sob in his arms like that, each sob sounded like a crack in his heart and each tear felt like it was bleeding. Youngmin would do anything to stop it, but the only way he can think of was to push the crying boy down on the bed and shut him up by crashing his lips against his and taste those tears d-
 
What in the world am I thinking of?!
 
Youngmin swallowed a lump in his throat and slowly pulled away from the hug. He kept his head facing the side to hide his blushing face. He could not believe what his mind just came up with. 
 
Kwangmin wiped his tears with the back of his hand and sniffled. "Youngmin-ah... Remember... When we met...?"
 
"H-how can I forget...?"
 
Kwangmin grinned at his reply but it soon faded away. "You said... Your father told you.. Your mom is dead..."
 
Youngmin looked at him wondering where Kwangmin was getting at.
 
"If my parents lied to me... What makes you sure your father didn't lie to you...?" Kwangmin dropped the bomb. Realization sank in both of them. 
 
"We could be ..."
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
The rich twin ran up to the piano which he knew his hyung was because he could hear the music.
 
"Hyung!" but Youngmin's eyes landed on Minwoo instead when he reached it. "What are you doing here?"
 
Minwoo shrugged like it didn't matter. "Hanging out?"
 
"What? but why? and ho-"
 
"Donghyun-hyung!" Kwangmin came in interrupting. "My appa isn't my real appa!"
 
Donghyun could swear he could have fallen off his piano chair if Minwoo wasn't behind him. Even though Minwoo and him had been stalking Kwangmin's family history files, Donghyun did not see Kwangmin's news to be said so abruptly and sudden.
 
Minwoo was equally surprised, showing his wide eyes and slightly opened mouth. "What?!"
 
"We overheard his parents arguing. Kwangmin's dad isn't his real dad. So we came here for your help hyung. Find out who his real dad is."
 
Donghyun was sort of happy with this news. Now he knew where his investigation was heading and he now has a real goal.
 
"Also..." Youngmin started. "I think we are twins." 
 
"No really?" Jeongmin said sarcastically. He came in walking from behind the twins drinking his banana milk. Of course following behind him was the shy Hyunseong holding his own drink and trying to poke the straw into it.
 
"Why are you all here?!" Youngmin wanted to pull his hair out. He was so confused to why everyone was at Donghyun's house without him knowing. Since when were they all this close?!
 
Jeongmin raised a brow to why the prince was freaking out. He then helped his shy hyung with his straw troubles. "To play?"
 
Hyunseong took a sip before answering properly on Jeongmin's behalf. "Donghyun-hyung called us to help him with a song he was writing." 
 
"Us?" The twins pouted, both feeling left out. 
 
"Well... He called Jeongmin... then Jeongmin kidnapped me." 
 
Jeongmin made a peace sign in victory.
 
Youngmin shook his head. "Okay, whatever. Hyung needs to help me and Kwangmin.
 
"How fast can you find out who my real father is?"
 
"As fast as my computer can."
 
Donghyun stood up to head to his room and everyone else followed. 
 
"Real father?" For the first time Jeongmin showed his serious side. He thought the twins were joking like he was about being related. 
 
"Yea.. We overheard his parents talking. Mr. Cho is not his real dad." Youngmin explained again. 
 
Never in his life would he have thought it. After knowing Kwangmin for so long, Hyunseong didn't expect such news. 
 
"I don't have a mom, and Kwangmin doesn't have a dad. So there's a chance we are related." 
 
Jeongmin and Hyunseong nodded. Still surprised but they understood. 
 
"That's pretty cool if you guys were brothers."
 
Everyone nodded in agreement except for Donghyun who was working hard on his computer. Minwoo was by his side, Kwangmin, Youngmin, Jeongmin and Hyunseong relaxed on the leader's huge bed. It was a beautiful and comfortable bed. White sheets with a hint of red in the corners and matching pillows. It was neat, and you can’t even tell if it was used. 
 
Youngmin kept his eyes on Kwangmin. He was still worried about him. He wondered what he might be feeling by now. He sat next to his 'possible' twin and wrapped an arm over his shoulders. 
 
"Are you okay..?"
 
Kwangmin smiled a genuine soft smile at his equally handsome human mirror. He relaxed knowing that Youngmin was there through this tough time. Even though he had only met the handsome look-alike for a bit, the prince had already made an impression in his heart.
 
They gazed at each other, staring at the similar features each owned. Kwangmin noticed Youngmin's feminine structures while Youngmin envied Kwangmin's masculine jaw line. They both didn't even realize their faces were mere inches away until Jeongmin ruined the moment by giggling loudly.
 
"Ahh! stop it! Seriously! Ahh! stop! Haha!" It was finally victim’s turn to tease the devilish boy. Hyunseong tackled Jeongmin with tickles causing the younger boy to laugh and wiggle under him. 
 
For a quick second, the two goofs got everyone's attention, but then Donghyun just smiled it off, noting how cute the two were playing around like that and continued his research with Minwoo's help every now and then. 
 
Youngmin's eyes screamed jealousy. Not towards the two friends specifically, but at how close they were with each other. His eyes once again caught glance at Kwangmin who was smiling at the playful two. Oh how Youngmin wish to feel that cute boyish smile against his own and let his fingers play with that slender body to watch him wiggle under...
 
Stop it Youngmin!!! 
 
Youngmin crawled to the other side of the bed and laid there yelling at himself mentally. He kept his distance from Kwangmin for a bit to try to figure out what's happening to him.
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
Two hours has passed. 
 
Everyone was starting to get stiff. Well except Donghyun who was in his own world, getting deeper and deeper into his computer screen.
 
"I'm bored~" Jeongmin whined. His head laid on Hyunseong's lap and continued to stare at nothing but the high ceiling. It was pretty but not pretty enough to keep looking at it.
 
Everyone else felt bored too. Minwoo rested his head on Donghyun's shoulder, still watching the screen. He wasn’t entirely sure what was happening, but he was afraid to bother so the maknae kept quiet. Kwangmin and Youngmin laid next to each other but in opposite ways. Kwangmin's head was were Youngmin's feet was and the same for the other. 
 
"What do you wanna do?" Hyunseong tilted his head down to look at the boy on his lap, though he quickly regretted it and looked straight away blushing. Looking at Jeongmin’s face like that, somehow made his own cheeks heat up.
 
"Board games?" The bored one pointed at Donghyun's home phone on the nightstand in which Hyunseong willingly handed over.
 
"Yoboseyo?" Jeongmin called one of the maids. "Nae, go to the store and buy..." He paused the call to ask around. "What do you guys wanna play?" 
 
"Monopoly!"
 
"Jenga Jenga!"
 
"Pokemon."
 
"That’s not a board game Kwangmin."
 
"I still wanna play...."
 
Jeongmin went back to the phone and told the maid what he wanted. "Oh, and try to find any Pokemon toy... or something" he added before hanging up. Kwangmin's face lit up over hearing it.
 

 

*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*

 

 
"I win!"
 
"Aahh...! Boo!"
 
Youngmin flashed his collected money stash in front of his friends' faces showing off that he won. 
 
Kwangmin pouted defending himself by saying that he just wasn't good at the game whilst Jeongmin accused Youngmin of just being lucky. Hyunseong didn’t care. As a good sport, he congratulated the winner.
 
Kwangmin grabbed the little Pikachu toy the maid bought for him and played with it. It wasn’t much, but it kept his mind busy.
 
"I'm hungry~" Once again, Jeongmin whined. 
 
Everyone, turned their heads and nodded agreeing, so the mirror prince once again dialed the phone to call the maids and asked for all the many foods he craved. 

*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 

"I'm -" This time Hyunseong placed his hand over Jeongmin’s mouth before the boy can whine again.
 
"Why don't you just sing?" Hyunseong suggested calmly as he retreated his hand back to his side. 
 
The whiner of the group was now laying next to Hyunseong. Then next to Jeongmin was Kwangmin, who was laying his head on Youngmin's arm. All four squeezed on one bed. 
 
When I close my eyes and open them
And see that you are not there, I hate it
I know that we broke up
I hate this reality...
 
The tears I’ve shed at night won’t stop
How can I live without you?
I can’t erase you from my memory
Baby can we turn back the time?...
 
Everyone's eyes suddenly felt heavy and compelled to drop any minute as they listened to Jeongmin's soft singing. It was one of the songs the leader wrote and practiced repeatedly with Hyunseong, so the shy hyung went ahead and harmonized with Jeongmin. He loved to do that. Sing with him.
 
You and I…
We cannot break up
I cannot give up
You and I….
How did this happen?
Whatever is in the memories, it’s so sad…
 
Donghyun fought the urge to sleep. He was determined to finish his research for Kwangmin and he was almost there. The rest of the group fell into Jeongmin's and Hyunseong's singing spell. Even the singers themselves. 
 
Jeongmin had an arm over Hyunseong's stomach and faced his hyung half way. Kwangmin still laid on Youngmin's arm and both bodies faced each other. Minwoo never moved from his seat next to Donghyun, his head rested on the leader's shoulder, so Donghyun tried not to move much and petted the maknae's head gently. 
 
It was quiet. Other than Donghyun's keyboard noises and mouse clicks, soft breathings filled the room. All five entered dreamland. 
 
*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
 
Minwoo was the first to wake up. It was now early in the morning as he noticed the sun was about to completely rise. His eyes fell immediately on the oldest one. His cheeks laid flat on the keyboard, completely exhausted, and had dark circles around his eyes. He must have worked all night. It only made him looked cooler in Minwoo's eyes.
 
"You worked so hard...." Maknae patted his hyung's back softly causing the leader to stir a bit and wake up. 
 
"Ah... I fell asleep.."
 
"Did you finish?"
 
"Yes..." The leader looked over at his sleeping friends on the bed and smiled at the cute sight. Each had a partner to cuddle with. 
 
Donghyun stretched to remove the stiff tension in his body that had been bothering him all night. The tiredness still lingered but he managed to get himself up from the seat and walk towards the bed side where the sleeping smart boy Kwangmin and Prince Youngmin was. 
 
"Hey, YoungKwang." With slight shoves and pushes, the eldest tried to wake the two up. As expected Kwangmin was first to wake up. He wiggled slightly and fluttered his eyes open. The sleeping prince as always was the hardest one to wake up. 
 
Jeongmin and Hyunseong also woke up from the noise and the movement on the bed. Simultaneously, they rubbed their eyes and stared at the Donghyun wondering what was going on. 
 
Youngmin was knocked out dead and his other half kept trying to move him. 
 
"Youngmin-ah....! Donghyun finished! Wake up...." Kwangmin kept shaking his look-alike's body but to no avail. 
 
"Try whispering in his ear and say 'Saranghaeyo~'" Hyunseong blushed hearing the familiar way Jeongmin suggested.
 
Kwangmin was desperate. He could try any trick in the book. He didn’t expect for Youngmin to be this way. After all, he had never had to wake him up until now. He wanted Youngmin to wake up as soon as possible so they can both listen to what their Donghyun-hyung had to say. He leaned over his twin's ear and whispered the word Jeongmin told him to say. Saranghaeyo...
 
"Mhmm..." Youngmin finally responded. The prince smiled a dreamy smile and slowly opened his eyes directly looking at his human mirror. "I had a nice dream..."
 
As cute as Youngmin's morning face was, Kwangmin impatiently turned back to his eldest hyung, eyes begging for the research results.
 
"What you find hyung?" 
 
Everyone gathered their curious eyes and ears to the musical leader. He felt a little intimidated by the many stares but he gather his mind by clearing his throat, ready to say what he had to say. 
 
"I'm sorry Kwangmin-ah.. I couldn't find him..." 
 
"What?!" Kwangmin wasn’t ready for this disappointment and the sadness showed all over his face. 
 
Youngmin sat up, no doubt he didn't like the result either. "You spent all night for that?"
 
"Youngmin-ah! Your father's documents were extremely strict! That just made it even more suspicious… so I tried most of the time to hack into it and when I finally did, there wasn't much to go on."
 
The prince flopped back on the bed letting out a huge sigh. He should have seen that coming. His dad's privacy was a huge deal. The son himself doesn't know much about him.
 
"But.. There were a few weird files..." 
 
Kwangmin's eyes lit up of hope. 
 
"His old jobs, the ones before he became rich. Some of the places he supposedly worked for doesn't have records of him actually working there. It's like he made it all up." He then turned to Kwangmin. "and Kwangmin-ah... Your mom's records are the weirdest of all. She has no family history what so ever. It's like she came out of thin air when you were a few months old..."
 
Silence lingered in the air for a bit.
 
"Look, I didn't find everything, but I found something. Both your family's history has a big gaping hole in it. My suggestion is... You both talk to them."
 
Kwangmin bit his bottom lip nervously.
 
My parents had been lying to me...
 
Youngmin stared at the ceiling dazed.
 
I don't want him to be my twin...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Please comment, I worked really hard to update as fast as I can ;__; 
My girlfriend says I'm a tease.
 
Beta-ed by my girlfriend; oshayy