Eyes

Button
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Baekhyun was crying his heart out when his phone started to ring. Sniffling, he fished out his phone from inside his pant pocket and stared at the caller ID with a big frown on his face. “Kris?”



 

“Pumpkin?”



 

“K-kris?” Baekhyun yelped. Hearing his best friend’s voice made him cry again. It had been so difficult for him to adapt to new surroundings without the circle of his close friends who were always there for him for so many years in New York. He missed them a lot.



 

He never thought that his world revolved around Park Chanyeol ever since they became friends. Baekhyun was not a very friendly type of a person. The only friend that he ever had until he left for New York, was only this 16 years old boy named Park Chanyeol. When he came back to Korea with a broken relationship, there was no friend to return to. That made him felt so lost and lonely.



 

“Hey, Pumpkin? Are you alright? Why are you crying?”



 

“I-I miss you so much, I miss Luhan too,” Baekhyun sobbed, arms clutching tightly the journal on his chest.



 

“Don't cry Pumpkin, I can’t help to wipe those tears off of your face,” Kris cooed. “I miss my adorable Pumpkin too,” he chuckled.


 

“Where are you right now? Are you at your parent’s house?” Baekhyun asked as he wiped his wet face with the back of his hand.



 

“If I tell you that I’m still enjoying my vacation in China, would you like to come and join me here too?”



 

“Yes, I’m going to catch the earliest flight there, wait for me,” Baekhyun huffed.



 

“Woah...calm down, Pumpkin. I was joking,” Kris gasped. “I wanted to surprise you but hearing you like this,” he sighed. “Where are you, buddy?”



 

“At my father’s shop,” Baekhyun muttered.



 

“Ok, I’m going to send my address right now, come and meet me there,”



 

“W-what? You are here?” Baekhyun shrieked and got up from the couch. He could hear Kris’s soft laughter before he ended their phone conversation.

 

 

---

 

 

Baekhyun drove toward Kris’s given address. He arrived at a very tall building in the heart of the Gangnam city. “Seven floors,” he muttered as he pressed the elevator button. It was a huge empty studio apartment with so many unopened boxes scattered along the hallway. “Kris?” he called, voice echoed throughout the empty floor.



 

“Pumpkin?”



 

“Kris!” Baekhyun beamed and rushed toward Kris to pull him into his arms. They both laughed when Kris lifted Baekhyun up and spun him around. “I’m glad to see you!” he smiled, arms wrapped tightly around Kris’s waist.



 

“I’m glad to see you too,” Kris smiled, Baekhyun’s head. “You look so skinny, Pumpkin,” he mumbled, scowling at his best friend.



 

Baekhyun hummed, pressing his face on Kris’s chest, he missed his best friend’s body fragrance so much. He whined when Kris gently pushed him away.



 

“Let me look at you again,” Kris frowned, eyeing every inch of Baekhyun’s skinny body. “Where did your mochi cheeks go? You’re worrying me, Pumpkin. Are you having some trouble right now?”



 

Kris’s question made his heart throbs in pain and tears started to gather in his eyes again. Baekhyun sniffled, shaking his head vigorously. “I’m fine,” he whispered, pulling Kris back into his arms.



 

Button , I’m getting married .



 

Baekhyun’s breath hitched when Chanyeol’s last message that he wrote in the journal flashed inside his head. He then remembered that Chanyeol was getting married soon, to his best friend. Kris was a very good man and Chanyeol deserved to be loved by someone like him. “Congratulation on your marriage, Yifan,” he whispered, totally insincere. He could feel Kris’s body tense in his arms. ‘Did Chanyeol already told him about his past? Of course he would, they are getting married,’ he screamed internally.



 

“Really, Byun Baekhyun?” Kris snickered and squirmed away from Baekhyun. He stepped back and left Baekhyun to sit on one of the small boxes beside the window.



 

Baekhyun tailed behind Kris and sat, facing his friend on the floor. “Chanyeol already told you about his past?” he mumbled, palms rubbing on his knees. They were friends for so many years but Baekhyun never saw Kris looked so sad and gloomy like this.



 

Kris sighed as he pushed his hairs back. “I love him a lot,” he muttered and shifted his gaze toward Baekhyun.



 

Pursing his lips, Baekhyun tried to smile, to look happy for his friend. Kris’ confession stung his heart. He wanted to close his ears and bolt away if he could. “You didn't know about me when you introduced us together, right?”



 

“Yes, “ Kris answered. “I-I came to know about you recently,”



 

“K-Kris, I don't know what to say,” Baekhyun whispered and placed his hand on top of Kris’s knees. “Y-you’re getting married, right? I am his past, I’m sure he must have told you that, right?”



 

“I’ve crossed the line, Pumpkin,” Kris smiled and ruffled Baekhyun’s hair.



 

“Crossed the line?” Baekhyun’s eyebrows knitted as he stared at Kris’s sad face.



 

“Our relationship was built out of lust,” Kris stated. “I fell in love with him along the way so it's my fault, entirely,” h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter