Shimkoong

Button
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Baekhyun didn't realize that he had fallen asleep whilst sitting on the bed until he felt a gentle pat on his head, causing him to stir awake. He kept on blinking the blurriness away until he was welcomed with the view of Chanyeol’s face staring at him with concern.



 

“How long you are going to sleep like this Button?” Chanyeol asked with his deep, raspy voice.



 

‘Is this a dream?’ Baekhyun thought. Biting his bottom lip, he slowly leaned toward Chanyeol’s rough palm that was his cheek. Loey’s tender touches, oh how he missed those touches so very much. Too overwhelmed with his fiancé’s gentle care, Baekhyun could feel tears started to brim in his eyes. He couldn't bring himself to answer him back.



 

“Do you really hate those cicadas that much?” Chanyeol sighed, scooting closer until their knees were pressed against each other’s.



 

Nodding meekly, Baekhyun yawned. “Bad cicadas,” he whined, pointing in the direction of one of the cicadas’ whereabouts. He gasped in utter shock when Chanyeol suddenly tugged his wrist, pulling him out from their bed.



 

“No, I’m not going near it,” He cried in devastation, refusing to budge from his safe spot on the mattress. “Please don’t force me,”



 

“Okay, okay, calm down,” Chanyeol cooed while rubbing Baekhyun’s back with his palm to comfort him. “I’m going to be next to you. You can just hold onto me if you’re scared, alright?”



 

“Fine,” Baekhyun groaned as he apprehensively scooted toward the edge of the bed, following Chanyeol from behind. With his face flushing a deep shade of red, he wrapped his arms around Chanyeol’s waist, back hugging his fiancé as they timidly approached his luggage bag.



 

“Where is it?” Chanyeol huffed, eyes set on searching for the guilty bug.



 

“Wait, use this to swat it,” Baekhyun suggested as he slipped out from one of his pink slippers and handed it to Chanyeol.



 

Winking playfully at Chanyeol, he jutted his lip toward the cicada’s direction on his luggage bag. “Good luck,”



 

Chanyeol paused in his steps when Baekhyun tightened his grip around his waist a tad bit too strong as they were approaching closer. “Stop squeezing me to death, I need to breathe,” he complained.



 

Smiling sheepishly, Baekhyun loosened the grip of his arms. He was glad that Chanyeol didn't push him away though. “Sorry?” he squinted.



 

Scoffing, Chanyeol shook his head. “Sorry -,”



 

“I know, I know...my sorry can’t fix things,” Baekhyun mumbled sulkily. “Can you please stop nagging at me and just kill that goddamn bug now, I’m so tired and I want to sleep,” He huffed in annoyance. He froze when Chanyeol glared down at him.



 

“For a person that was trying to get someone’s help, aren't you being too bossy right now, Byun Baekhyun?”  Chanyeol chided.



 

“Please Loey?” Baekhyun begged, blinking up bashfully at Chanyeol, with his pouty-lips-plus-pleading-puppy-eyes-combo™ in full blast. He tiptoed to press his lips lightly on Chanyeol’s nape. It was purely a spontaneous act, since that was the only solution he knew in order to calm an upset Chanyeol. Well, in his defense, it used to help, back then when they were still lovers. Noticing how big Chanyeol’s eyes had turned into, gawking widely at him right now, the tailor gasped in alarm. Oh boy, he had crossed the line again, right?



 

Chanyeol’s face turned scarlet when Baekhyun lightly kissed his nape. Both of them jumped in stupefaction when the cicada started to make the annoyingly loud noises again. Chanyeol shrieked when Baekhyun instantly grabbed his shirt and hauled him outside, into the balcony area.



 

“The cicada is going crazy right?” Baekhyun shouted, eyes staring wide in terror at Chanyeol. He was still back hugging Chanyeol tightly and refused to let him go. Suppressing his laughter, he pointed at his slipper that he now found lying lifelessly on the bed. He recalled giving Chanyeol his slipper earlier to help him swat the cicada.  


 

“You threw my slipper on the bed! You must be so shocked too,” He gasped in horror. “I told you they are scary!”   


 

Both of them broke into laughter once their eyes met. Baekhyun couldn't stop giggling that he had to press his face into Chanyeol’s back. He didn't want to make Chanyeol upset any further.  



 

“Are you laughing at me, Button?” Chanyeol groaned. “Come here,” he pushed Baekhyun away from his back and made him face him. Placing his palms on Baekhyun’s soft, fluffy cheeks, he pulled him closer.



 

Shaking his head vigorously, Baekhyun could feel his face flaming when Chanyeol’s warm breath fanned his nose. Their faces were awfully close at the moment that their noses were almost bumping. Mustering his courage, he tiptoed gingerly and pressed their lips together. He pulled away when he didn't receive any response from Chanyeol, it was such an embarrassing moment for him. But he didn't actually bother to care, he was getting too comfortable with Loey. Placing his palm to cradle Chanyeol’s cheeks, Baekhyun smiled heartily.



 

“Loey...baby, I miss your smile, I miss your dimple,” he said with ruby tinted cheeks. Chanyeol’s eyes were fixed on him. There were no signs of hatred in those two mesmerizing brown orbs, but Baekhyun could see flashes of doubt, he knew that Chanyeol was afraid to get hurt again. Pursing his lip, Baekhyun caressed Chanyeol’s cheeks delicately with his thumbs.



 

Scoffing, Chanyeol shook his head and stepped away from Baekhyun. He left Baekhyun alone in the balcony and walked toward his luggage bag. After a while, he came back and threw his shirt at Baekhyun. “Wear my shirt to sleep, it's pretty late now to have a battle with the cicadas and I’m totally exhausted, you are draining me down,”



 

Holding tightly onto Chanyeol’s shirt, Baekhyun puffed his cheeks as he watched Chanyeol’s retreating back. He honestly had no idea know how much longer he could put up with Chanyeol’s push and pull game. He was seriously driving him crazy. One minute Chanyeol was staring at him full of love, as if he was the center of his world and then barely a second later, he pushed him away coldly like Baekhyun’s some sort of a plague.



 

‘Both of us are really getting insane,’



 

“I’m tired too Park Chanyeol, but I’m not giving up,” Baekhyun pouted and stomped toward the corner of the room to change his outfits. He was so not going to enter the bathroom. The cicadas were everywhere inside the suite.



 

“I’m going to change here! Don't peek!” he announced, eyes staring warily at Chanyeol that was already lying spread eagle on the bed, playing with his phone.



 

“As if you even got anything to be stared at,” Chanyeol snorted brusquely and shifted his body to look away.



 

“Oh..you don't know me, Park Chanyeol,” Baekhyun scoffed. “I have a lot to offer,” he smiled smugly and continued to shed out from his dirty clothes. By the time Baekhyun finished changing, Chanyeol had already drifted off into unconsciousness.



 

“I’m truly sorry for tiring you down,” he mumbled and slowly got on the bed. Carefully lying down beside Chanyeol, Baekhyun hummed in content when his head touched the fluffy pillow. Curving his petite body into a ball, he scooted closer to Chanyeol that was sleeping back facing him. The room felt ice-cold so Chanyeol’s body warmth was very much essential.   



 

‘What if the cicadas flew over here?’ he gasped in horror whilst thinking about it. Great, now Baekhyun couldn't sleep, he kept tossing and squirming around on the bed.



 

“Can you just...stay still, Button?” Chanyeol groused grumpily.



 

Chanyeol’s thick raspy voi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter