Just can't

Button
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

‘Well played, Park Chanyeol,’ 




Baekhyun gritted his teeth in anger with body trembling uncontrollably, scowling hard at Chanyeol until his eyebrows were knitted together, flames visible in his droopy eyes as if he could burn Chanyeol alive with his murderous stare alone. The CEO was enjoying this too much, wasn’t he? How could he say those words without any single expression marring his face? How could such statement being uttered with a face void of any feelings? He was clearly toying with Baekhyun’s fragile heart, sparing him no mercy. Baekhyun sniffled, fighting the urge from spilling the tears out of his eyes as he tore his gaze away. How great, Chanyeol had succeeded in making him lose his cool composure in front of the kids. He was taking his revenge rather victoriously.   




‘By now, you should have gotten used to his sarcasm and harsh words, why are you crying Byun Baekhyun! You shouldn’t be expecting anything, to begin with!’ 




He screamed internally, getting so frustrated and infuriated with himself. He missed Chanyeol terribly; after the short trip ended he really wanted to meet him again. Well, scratch that, Baekhyun had been longing for Chanyeol for years! 




‘This is too hard. It isn’t healthy for me, I don't know how much longer I can endure this..this kind of torture. It’s too painful,’ 




Baekhyun’s train of thoughts halted when he felt a touch on his right arm, Baekhoo was deliberately rubbing his hand.   




“Bae uncle, why are you crying?” Baekhoo mumbled, looking up at his uncle thoughtfully. 




Shaking his head quickly, Baekhyun ruffled Baekhoo’s hair. “I’m not crying, it’s just that this fried rice is too spicy for me,” he smiled reassuringly and playfully stuck out his tongue as a cherry on top to complete his lie.   




Baekhoo nodded, satisfied with his uncle’s half-hearted reply and continued to eat his food. He let out a tiny burp and covered his mouth with his chubby palms. “Oops, sorry, I’m full,” The little boy announced, grinning sheepishly. 




“What time is it now, Bae uncle?” Baekhee asked, blinking innocently. 




“Hmm, almost two o'clock. Why?” Baekhyun answered and began tidying up his worktable. He refused to spare any glance in Chanyeol’s direction but the intensity of the cold stare directed toward him from his fiancé made his heart race. Chanyeol was doing so excellent in destroying his good mood. Baekhyun neither had the energy to fight back nor to endure this kind of game today. Maybe he was being a tad bit overconfident of himself. He guessed he was wrong after all, he was not strong enough to surpass through this torment.    




“Grandpa said we can come to his workroom at two o'clock! Let's hurry up, Baekhoo!” Baekhee beamed and jumped excitedly as she gathered all her toys and homework that they placed on the couch earlier and shoved all of them inside her pink backpack. 




“Yeay! Grandpa promised to teach us sewing basics after lunch,” Baekhoo smiled brilliantly, eyes twinkling with joy.   




“B-but...I’m -” Baekhyun stuttered, panicked at the thought of being left alone in the same room with Chanyeol. Inhaling and exhaling deeply, Baekhyun closed his eyes to calm his rapid heartbeats. Chanyeol would also be leaving soon right? Why would he still stay there without the kids? Puffing his cheeks, Baekhyun helped the kids to put on their respective backpacks and proceeded to ignore Chanyeol’s existence in the same room. Holding the twins’ hands on each sides, he ushered them out of his workroom. Chanyeol knew the way out so Baekhyun didn’t see the need to send him off, he would be fine being left alone in there. 


 

---




“Come in! Go get your sewing toolboxes over there,” Mr. Byun greeted them happily and pointed at the corner of his room. He chuckled when the kids screamed ‘Thank you’s in unison as they ran to acquire their grandfather's gift sets.   




Baekhyun sat across his father with elbows on the desk and hands tucked under his chin. He completed his sitting posture with a pout on his lip, his lazy pose always made his father smile. He stayed in that position until his father also settled on his chair, on the opposite side of him. He was right, his father burst out laughing when their eyes locked. 




“Baek, you’re being lazy again,” Mr. Byun smiled and ruffled his son’s fluffy hair. 




Baekhyun yawned and whined when his father pinched his cheek fondly. He had always loved the attention that he received from his parents. 




“Did you guys fight during your last trip?” Mr. Byun asked while watching the twin unpacking their gifts. 




Baekhyun’s eyebrows furrowed, dumbfounded by his father’s abrupt question but quickly shook his head. “Huh? No..why?” 




“Chanyeol got himself too busy with work. He didn't go home at all. He rarely sleeps and eats. Mr. Park said he has gotten skinnier recently,” Mr. Byun stated. “We thought it got something to do with you,” 




Pursing his lip, Baekhyun frowned. He didn't even get the chance to bid Chanyeol a proper goodbye. Chanyeol left so early the next morning when Baekhyun was still sleeping soundly. Yet he couldn't stay angry though, because there was breakfast in bed exclusively for him, courtesy of his ‘husband’. 




“Has he...has he called off the wedding?” Baekhyun asked, nervously chewing on his bottom lip with his shaky hands gripping tightly onto his knees. His inner turmoil made his heart thump frantically that it’s threatening to burst out of ribcage. 




Mr. Byun shifted his gaze from the twins to examine his son’s face. “No, he didn't say anything about calling off the wedding. Baek, do you want me to talk to him?” 




“No! We are doing fine. I can handle it,” Baekhyun faked a smile, internally praying that his father wouldn’t see through the lie. 




“I’m sure you will. At least you managed to make him leave his office,” Mr. Byun grinned and patted Baekhyun’s cheek. 




Baekhyun intentionally spent his time inside his father’s workroom to play with the kids. But then Baekhee said he was procrastinating too much, so the twins pushed him out of his father’s office. Glancing at his wristwatch, he huffed. He was inside his father’s workroom for nearly half an hour, Chanyeol should already have returned back to work. Biting his bottom lip, he pushed the door open but gasped in surprise when he saw Chanyeol. The CEO had fallen asleep on the couch that the twins

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter