healing us

Button
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A crying Chanyeol made him alarmed. Baekhyun clumsily tried to scoot closer as he cradled Chanyeol’s red face with his palms. He smiled when their eyes met.





“Meanie Byun Baekhyun doesn't deserve an angel like you. Don’t cry because of me, I’m truly not worthy of any of your tears. Please don’t cry,” he cooed, pulling Chanyeol’s face closer. Puffing his cheeks, Baekhyun sighed. Chanyeol’s lack of response was killing him.    





“Hey, look at me, please. We really need to talk about us,” he started, gently caressing Chanyeol's soaking cheeks with his thumbs. He smiled when he got the attention that he requested from his fiancé. The person that was crying in front of him right now was Loey, his kind-hearted boyfriend that would cry over simple, mere things. Loey was so easy to be pleased, and too easy to get hurt too. 





“What about us?” Chanyeol asked, eyes still red and watery, pouting. 





“I sincerely wanted to marry you, Park Chanyeol. I swear to God that I really wanted to be yours forever,” Baekhyun sniffled. “I’m sorry -” 





“Byun Baekhyun,” 





“Listen...just listen to me first, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun pleaded. “I’m sorry because of my selfishness to fulfil my dreams, I had neglected your feelings. Now, I even forced you to marry me. I didn't give you any choice. I left you, I hurt you and now I want you back,” he murmured timidly. 





“How can you not hate me?” he chuckled weakly. “I hate myself too,” he muttered, shoulders slumping, droopy eyes were no longer looking at Chanyeol. 





“Button,” 





“I will ask my parents to cancel our wedding,” Baekhyun huffed resolutely, lips quivering. “I want you to know that loving you was the best thing that has ever happened in my life,” 





“Cancel the wedding? You are doing it again now,” Chanyeol scowled. “You are making decisions without considering my feelings,” 





“What should I do, Park Chanyeol? I don't want you to marry me because of our parents!” He yelped in devastation, his hands on the front of Chanyeol’s suit. He cried in pain when Chanyeol flicked his forehead. 





“Button, you are talking too much,” 





Baekhyun sniffled, glaring at Chanyeol while rubbing his aching forehead with his palm. “I’m getting emotional here, stop making fun of my sad moment,” 





“You listen to me,” Chanyeol grumbled. “I’m a whipped man,” 





“Huh?” Baekhyun’s eyebrows knitted, face turning ablaze when Chanyeol sandwiched his face in between his palms, bringing their faces closer. 





“I’m so whipped and so...so very much in love with you that after everything that you did to me, I still love you,” Chanyeol beamed. “I swear to God that I really wanted to marry you too,” 





“Will you m-marry me?” Baekhyun stammered, tears started gushing out from his already swollen eyes. Sniffling, he wiped his watery eyes with the back of his palm and gripped the ring that was dangling off his chest from over his shirt. Chanyeol’s fingers that were gently on his cheeks made his heart flutter. 





“Maybe? If you ask me again, nicely this time,” Chanyeol snorted, crossing his arms over his chest, pretending to frown at Baekhyun. 





Inhaling and exhaling deeply, Baekhyun sniffled as he tried to assemble his sentences and summon his courage. “Will you marry me, Park Chanyeol?” He asked again, making sure the words flowed out smoothly from his mouth. His droopy eyes never leaving Chanyeol’s big, sparkling ones. With a trembling hand, he pulled the necklace off from his neck, clutching onto it tightly with his palm before gazing up at Chanyeol’s face again. His breath hitched when Chanyeol did the same. Now both of them were staring each other’s faces while holding their engagement rings. Baekhyun’s heart started to race when he did not get any response from Chanyeol. He forgot to breathe when Chanyeol’s lips was suddenly on his mouth, pecking him lightly before pulling away. Baekhyun’s face was burning the color of strawberry when their eyes met. 





He gasped, trying to say something back but he couldn't utter any single words, not when Chanyeol kept kissing him full on his parted lips, again and again. Whimpering softly, Chanyeol’s soft kisses melted him in an instant. The light pecks on his lips from Chanyeol, brought warmth to his entire body, making him hum in pleasure. Kissing Chanyeol after so many years of longing for him, was indeed satisfying. Chanyeol’s calloused hands were cradling his face, with his thumbs his cheeks so cautiously as if Baekhyun was made out of glass, made him burst into tears again. Only Loey would kiss him like this. 





“I’ll marry you, Button,” Chanyeol mumbled in between their warm mingling breaths, smiling wide with his infamous face-splitting grin. “Shh, stop crying. The answer is yes, silly,” 





Baekhyun leaped forward to pull Chanyeol into his arms, nuzzling his nose on the side of the man’s neck. Chanyeol’s body fragrance was so strong on that particular spot. He remembered it well and he was glad that even after so many years, Loey’s body still smelled the same. “Thank you for saying yes,” he said bashfully, burrowing his face on Chanyeol’s shoulder. 





They stayed in a comfortable silence for a while, both lost in their own deep thoughts. Baekhyun rested his chin on Chanyeol’s shoulder, arms spread across his fiancé’s stomach, pulling him closer. He enjoyed snuggling like this and Chanyeol’s body warmth was his ultimate favorite, making him hum in delight. Heat crept all over his face when their eyes met again. 





“I miss you, Loey,” he mumbled, nuzzling his nose on the side of Chanyeol’s neck.  He couldn't take his eyes off their engagement rings that were now gracing each other’s ring fingers. 





Chuckling, Chanyeol patted Baekhyun’s arm and tilted head to his right side to kiss his fiancé’s forehead lovingly. “I miss you too,” he said, smiling wide.     



 

--- 

 

 

“Pumpkin,” 





“Kris,” Baekhyun smiled, clutching onto his phone tightly. Hearing Kris’s voice always made him happy. A fateful coincidence that happened between them put them both into an awkward situation, but he didn't want to lose Kris as his good friend. Kris was his best friend that would always be there for him when he was struggling back in New York. He felt awful for Kris but he also didn't want to let Chanyeol go. He knew that Chanyeol already chose him, he gave him reassurance by wearing their engagement ring and he promised that they were getting married soon. 




Please Subscribe to read the full chapter