Nine

Curiosity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay. Thank you." I mutter and quickly disconnected the phone call with our manager. A heavy sigh escaped from my mouth as I lay back on the couch. I look around the hotel room. The girls are quite while watching Friends on the television. I know none of them even paying attention to the movie. Their faces tells me a lot they're still terrified from the magnitude 9 earthquake. I can't blame them since I'm still scared, myself. The shaking buildings, the cracked windows and walls, the panic screams it's still replaying in my head. In fact today's earthquake was the second most powerful earthquake world ever recorded and I don't even want to imagine the devastation the earthquake caused to this country and because of that me and our manager decided to cancel our group Japan's activity and heading back to Korea day after tomorrow. I supposed to take early flight to Korea tomorrow since I have my recording session at 10AM but I told my manager I decided to stay one more day with the girls. Obviously, I can't leave them while they're still shocked and a little traumatic. They need support and as their leader I should stay and Dara come out with the idea we should stay together in one room since Minzy looks really terrified and her body still shaking when we heading to this hotel. My gaze glued on Bom who protectively wrapped her arms around Minzy while Dara sitting next to them with her body wrapped under the blanket. The youngest haven't said anything after we check in to another hotel and that concerned me.

 

"Minzy, are you okay?" I finally break the silent in the room. Three pair of eyes staring at me before Minzy nod her head then looking back at the screen. I slowly sit back on the couch while biting my lips trying to muffle my groan as my rib stung due to the sudden move, I lightly press on the sore area with my right hand and scoot closer to Dara who has a frown knotted on her forehead.

 

"Girls, I know we are all still scared but let's not think too much about that okay? Let's try to get some sleep."

 

"I don't think I can sleep. Oh my god, I thought we're going to die. That was....really scary." Bom said almost whispering but she didn't remove her gaze from the television. Dara lightly nod her head as she is agree. I study Bom's face for awhile before my eyes landed on Dara next to me and she looking back at me in a close distance. I haven't get to talk to her properly after we enter this room but she no longer showing me any sign that she's going to push me away like she did since few days ago. Her soft palm brushing against my skin as she grab me by my arm and pull me a little closer before she lean her body against my chest. My breath hitched as our face getting more closer, still locking eyes. I could feel her warm breath against my face while she gave me her unreadable soft stare. My heart beating out of its normal pace at this really close distant. My mind going places as her brown eyes piercing right into mine before her eyes fall to my lips causing me swallow really hard but it only makes me breathless even more. This intense moment right now is killing me but I couldn't bring myself to pull away either. I feel paralyzed. When she look back into my eyes, I had to bite my tongue fighting the intense urge to move my head and close the gap between our lips.

 

"I'm going to bed." Minzy's low voice startled us both and we quickly push away from each other. 

 

"Yeah.. Let's.. Do that." I stutter. God! What was that? What is she trying to do? Was she trying to kiss me? I rub my face with my both palm while breathing hard, obviously trying to calm myself.

 

"I'm going too." I heard Bom say. I only nod my head. Once my heartbeat gets slower I turn my head to Dara and she stare back for a few seconds before she grab the remote control and turn off the TV.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter