Seven

Curiosity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I threw my phone to Bom's bed once I read another bull article written about me online. It seem like the media won't give me a rest from their big headline any time sooner especially now that they have a solid proof to heat the drama even more. I run my hand through my hair and release a heavy sigh. My thought wander to our CEO as I glance back at my phone and it still displaying the picture from last week event and is now emerging online giving me a mini heart attack since the article released few minutes ago. It scared me to think of his reaction once he see the pictures beside that now I have violated the rules and causing even more drama in Kpop industry. I'm sure he won't be happy with it.

 

"Damn it!" I curse and it earned Bom's death glare who sitting on the floor while polishing her nails. She fix her position and straighten her back. Through her face I know she's about to say something that I'm not going to agree with.

 

"It's your fault. You can't blame the paparazzi for this. You should take enough caution when you're planning on doing something unusual, don't you think so?"

 

"But still they shouldn't post all the pictures online because it's invasive. I just want to live a normal life for once. What's wrong with that?" I sigh in frustration.

 

"Everything is wrong with that Chaerin and it's nothing near to normal either, at least not to this country. They caught you with Dara in the middle of Seoul city while she is inside your arms and the next day they caught you walking out of that fancy hotel with a super hot model and her arm on your waist. It's a ing news Chaerin! Paparazzi can't pretend it never happen. Your reckless act double their income. Besides, invading everyone privacy is what paparazzi are paid for."

 

"Jesse is my friend. She's in Seoul for her modelling work and she want me to come over because she need my help then we decided to have a late night drink together. I got drunk and passed out in her room. You know that too. That's not a news!" I said as I sit on the edge of the bed. I grab my phone and exit Dispatch page. My pulse quicken as Dara's name popped on the notification. She was talking with our team in our group chat, she seem unaware of the new released article that involving her. I have the urge to text her and ask her about it but after what happened last week I had to bury down my intention. After my bold confession she seem trying to distance herself, although it's not obvious but I can feel it, since that day we never talk about it again. I'm not surprise because I'm expecting for this. She needed time to let everything sink in. That's why now I didn't talk to her if she didn't talk to me.

 

"Chaerin, did you forgot how easily people to jumping into conclusion nowadays?"

 

"What was that supposed to mean?" I look at her, dumbfounded.

 

Bom heave a heavy sigh. "I thought you're smart. Oh geez CL! Did Dara's rejection turn you dumb now? Tell me, how are they not make assumptions after what you said in our interview last week and the fact that you left the hotel room with white girl early in the morning only make it suspicious even more."

 

"What the hell. Does it mean I can't be seen around with girls now? Besides, I didn't do anything with Jesse that night and I won't let it happen either."

 

She put her nail polish aside and straighten her legs before she got up and took a sit next to me on the bed. "Technically, yes...because right now people assumed you're into girls too."

 

"That's stupid!" I hissed.

 

"But that's the truth." Bom said and throwing me a knowing look before smirking.

 

"Let's no go there. I don't want to talk about that." 

 

"Is she still avoiding you?" 

 

"Sadly, yes. But I didn't take that in a negative way. She just need some time to.. You know... To think. It must be pretty awkward for her considering that she always thought of me as her best friends and her sister." My phone beeping again as I received another notification. I unlocked my phone and Dara's Instagram username name displayed on my screen, I tap on the device showing her newest selfie post. Her calm face and her sweet smile causing my heart racing. I can't help myself but to tap on the picture twice and leave my comment.

 

Angel ❤❤❤

 

"Where is she though?" I ask still staring at my phone, still admiring her beauty.

 

"Who?"

 

"Dara. Where is she? I didn't see her since this morning. I thought we have our day off today before we head to Japan tomorrow." In fact, I didn't see her since I woke up this morning. She left the dorm even before everyone in here awake.

 

"Busan I guess. She mentioned about meeting Sanghyun yesterday and she mentioned Donghae too." Bom sounded hesitate at the last name she mentioned. I throw myself to the bed and close my eyes. It seem Seungri's matchmaker academy really work on them. Dara and Donghae getting closer each day which left me helpless. I'm sure she likes him because she's not the type of girl who want to waste her time on a twice a week date if she didn't like them besides, Donghae did mention about him in a process to know someone and that they are in their comfortable zone because the girl showing him a positive response in his latest interview a few weeks ago.

 

"Can we go outside and have a drink or something? I think I need some alcohol." I blurt out.

 

"You do know you can't wash off your frustration and brush your pain away with alcohol every time, right?" She said with soft tone, showing her concerns. I open my eyes, staring straight up at the wall. My chest sting again at the thought of how close we are during our trainee days until last year. We are inseparable but look at us now. We're so close together but so far apart. Yes. It's entirely my fault. I've ruined everything between us.

 

"I really need them." I said and quickly got off the bed, walki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter