One

Curiosity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Curiosity is usually regarded as a virtue, since it widens our horizons and develops our capacities. However, our natural romantic curiosity is contrary to the natural need to deepen a romantic connection. Curiosity is defined as a strong desire to learn or know more about something. The desire to learn and know more is considered a very positive trait such learning makes us wiser and improves our ability to cope with reality.There are,however,situations in which curiosity is not a virtue.There is a long tradition which considers curiosity and knowledge to be obstacles to happiness. Adam and Eve were expelled from paradise because of their curiosity to know more about the world. And the myth of Pandora implies that all troubles were released in the world because a woman was curious to know what was inside the box given to her by the gods. And I, Lee Chaerin, my love story begins because of my curiosity about CHAERA. That's the beginning of everything.

 

May 29th, 2011.

 

The girls squeal loudly as they quickly run to the backstage heading straight to our dressing room, leaving me alone behind. This is our first live performance after Lonely has been released 5 days ago. A sincere smile plastered on my face as I passing through the SBS crew, bow, greet, greet and bow again. Since I am the leader of my group I had to show some respect to the crews to put a good image for my band. As always. No matter how ty you feel at the moment and how tough your day is. Manners is important. Well, at least that's what our CEO, Yang Hyun Suk always told us. Respect and a good image.

 

"CL!" I heard a loud shout echoing calling out my name from behind me, I don't have to turn around to know  the owner of that deep yet husky voice. I heard him running, trying to catch up with me so I walk as fast as I can until I reach our dressing room. 

 

" it Chaerin!" T.O.P curse under his breath as he finally catching up with me and it got me chuckling. We enter the room while the other members is still energetic and loud and being annoying. The dressing room is like a playground to them especially right now because Park Bom is chasing Minzy and the youngest member laughing her off. I bet Minzy is teasing Bom, again. 

 

"Wow! What a party!" T.O.P scream and that make the two lady stop running around. 

 

"Oppa!" The two of them greet him as they both bow their head as well as the other stylist. T.O.P as charming as always only flashes a small smile and wave his hand before he switch his head to my side. 

 

"Jay Park invite me to a party tonight. Do you want to come? I still have one available invitation card with me since Jiyong can't join the party tonight."

 

A small smile flashes as I heard the word party. 

 

"Well.."

 

"No! She won't coming with you tonight. No party! No drinking!" I heard her voice, fierce and firm. Her. Yes, her. The one who managed to turn my world upside down, the one who still and keeps got me curious about a lot of things especially when it come to heart. Sandara Park.

 

"Bummer!" T.O.P mutter, our head swing to Sandara's direction. My brows bat as she cross her arms against her chest, sitting on a chair like a boss. 

 

"Choi Seunghyun, I thought you should be a good role model to our young Chaerin, shouldn't you? Don't you remember how drunk she is last night? And this morning she almost can't make it here. I bet she still have the hangover right now."

 

I leans against the door staring at her face, she is still furious about last night. Obviously. Her flush face causing my lips to foam a smile. I don't know why but I like it when she cares about me, actually, she care about me.. A lot. 

 

"I'm going." I said. Our eyes locked, I can see a small frown knotted on her forehead. 

 

"Yes! That's my gizibe! So, 8pm." T.O.P clapping his hands in victory. 

 

"Pick me up at 7:30pm" I said without removing my gaze from her beautiful eyes. Even though she stare at me with anger I could feel butterflies.. No. I could feel the whole damn zoo in my stomach. 

 

"Alright. See ya." With that T.O.P leaving the dressing room and me, I'm still leaning against the door comfortably, staring into each others eyes. 

 

"I can't believe this!" She mutter in anger before she turn to face the mirror and fix her make up. I shook my head, smiling inside my heart. Sandara, you are really one of a kind. How can you got me feel  a lot of things? 

 

"2NE1! Back to the stage for the winning trophy!" The SBS crew shout behind me. I walk away before her because I know too damn well she's going to nag at me and I'm not going to like that because we will end up arguing. 

 

As we enter the stage we greeted by a loud cheers from the audience once again. We line up with another artists and I stood next to the MC while Dara choose to stand next to Jessica from Girl's Generation, a little further from me. She doesn't look happy though. I know when she faking a smile in front of the camera. Just like what she did right now. The MC said something which I didn't paid attention to, I was so busy staring at the furious angel next to Jessica. She didn't even notice I'm staring which is good. 

 

She's so beautiful I can't take my eyes off of her. I forgot about the cameras, I forgot about hundreds or maybe thousands of audience in this auditorium. I was drowning in my own world until Bom nudge my side. She glare at me. 

 

"We're on the stage with a lot of cameras around! You idiot! Control your hormone!" She whisper, shaking her head. 

 

"And... The winner is.... 2NE1!!" Both MC scream in unison. The cheers, screams and applauds from the audience gets louder than before. The members jumping happily. As I take the trophy Lonely's instrument plays on the background, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter