Chapter 15

Sunkissed

“- Iahe, calm down-
- How am I supposed to calm down?! Didn't you see what they did to that poor man?! And the girl, in few years she'll become a slave for Shezmu’s lust!
- No, she won't!
- What are you-
- She won't become a slave because we will save her. We will put an end to Shezmu’s action.”
I was silenced. He's right, I can save her! But we needed a plan, and a good one.
“- Taeyong, we need a plan, not just to save the girl, but to save the kingdom from this slavery. Are you with me?
- … Yes Iahe, I'm with you.
- What's wrong? You don't like my idea?
- No, it's not that, it's actually a brilliant idea. But we need to discuss it, and by discussing it, I mean going back to Amun’s village. This is not just another mission, we're attacking royalty. We cannot afford any mistakes.”
And just like that, we rode back to Amun, as I kept looking back to the lands that my soul missed so much. But as I looked back at Taeyong’s still face, I couldn't but notice the extreme sadness he was unsuccessfully trying to hide in his eyes.

So, after a long discussion, with the help of the village's chief, we decided to infiltrate the castle. As for the method… well, let's just say it wasn't Taeyong’s favorite.
“- So, in conclusion, you want me to let Iahe enter the castle in disguise. On her own. As a woman of the night! Iahe, do you want me to remind you of what I saved you from?
- Well I kind of am one, right? Stellara is a night kingdom.
- Iahe!
- Alright, alright! Taeyong, I know what you're thinking. I am the least comfortable with this plan.
- Then why are you agreeing on this?!
- Because I don't want to be a coward anymore! This is my kingdom we're talking about! My people! I am their only hope Taeyong, their salvation.”
And with that I silenced him, while he nodded with a sad smile on his face. Every time we talked about the subject, he just responded with that same sadness, something that was as confusing as heartbreaking. What was wrong with him?
We finished our discussions, and I went to a local tailor to prepare my costume. It had to be provocative and revealing to my cleavage (well, there's a limit, of course. And it still had to hide my scars).
The tailor measured me and let me go. Since it was an urgent case, he promised to finish it before the next sunset.
As I walked back home at dawn to rest (I had a great attack to make after sunset), I was stopped by Taeyong.
“- Look Iahe, I still think this is a bad idea.
- Then tell me, why?
- ...
- Still waiting.
- Iahe, I don't feel comfortable about this mission.
- What is wrong with you?! This is important! I'm freeing my kingdom from Shezmu’s filthy hands! And it was YOUR idea.
- You don't understand-
- Yes I understand. You're still afraid I might mess up and he would kill me, or put me as his slave, meanwhile I don't care even if I die trying! I believe that as long as I can open my eyes and feel my heart beating, I can do anything. So if you don't like this plan, then it's your own damned problem!”
My plan was to go back home and just sleep during the whole day.
Not Taeyong’s.
He just grabbed my hand and walked with big and fast steps toward the village entrance. I had a hard time trying not to stumble, because he seemed like he would just drag me behind him if I fell. But what was he thinking of? I tried stealing glances at his eyes, maybe it was one of his spirit manifestations, but they were sky blue.
He then stopped at a massive rock that was close to the village, but not close enough for anyone to see us.
“Taeyong, what's wrong?”
He didn't answer. He was busy looking around for any sign of villager, or any human being who might be listening.
“Tae-“
And just like that, he backed me till I reached the rock. Unless I could burn the rock (impossible except for Gods), I was stuck. He looked at me with serious eyes, while his breath started picking up. He just grabbed my face and looked deeply into my eyes, like he was seeking an answer in them. Did… did he want to… No, of course not. I was probably just imagining it. My breath picked up and I stared back, unsuccessfully trying to read his mind. I could smell the odor of lavender coming out of him, an aroma that would always guide me to him. Few inches separated our bodies, and mine was having a hard time to stay in its place. I just wanted to look at his parted lips, from which his warm breath came and teasingly caressing my lips. But I didn't want to ruin it all. I was afraid of having misunderstood the situation, that he didn't feel the same…
But then I felt it. A faint but palpable presence in my mind.
It felt like a purple incense smoke travelling into my memories and thoughts, trying to find an answer for his mysterious unasked question.
But I wouldn't let him read it. No.
Because I took the first step this time and kissed him.
Nothing huge. Just a small peck on his lips. Just this small action made the purple fog in my mind immediately disappear. I looked into his now wide blue eyes, but trying hard not to run from embarrassment. I did it. But I was terrified of the thought of him laughing at me-
His glorious lips came crashing onto mine, stopping any thoughts I had. They were moving slowly, drinking and tasting every inch of my lips. And I felt like soaring. Like all my life I was buried in earth, suffocating, like that small kiss was my first gasp of air towards liberty. And it smelled like a lavender field. My heart was engulfed with pure joy, and my soul radiated tenderly like a full moon.
I kissed him back like my life depended on it. He immediately responded. My fingers found their way into his beautiful moonlight hair, just as his arms found theirs around my waist. Our kiss deepened, and was going to continue, but then I felt hot.
Really hot.
Like I was burning.
And Taeyong immediately let go of me and took few steps back, his cape smoking.
When I looked at his eyes, they were deep purple, and without even looking at my reflection I knew that mine were blood red. He made my heart burn, and in response I almost burned him. Literally.
We still needed to control ourselves. But now we didn't care, our hearts were burning for each other.
As I was getting closer to him to taste his beautiful lips again, he stopped me, his sad smile back on his face.
“- Iahe… this is why I don't want you to fight Shezmu.
- I don't get it.
- What will happen after, or IF you defeat him? You will have to go back to Stellara to rule. You’ll have to go back to the eternal night sky, to rule as Nut and Geb’s only true daughter. You'll have to get married and give birth to you successor. And not just anyone can get close to Amun’s Chosen daughter, only chosen princes can barely breath the same air as the Blessed Daughter of the Night. What are the chances of a mere warrior of the Sun tribe like me of seeing you again? And what will happen if you fail? I might be selfish, but to me, both possibilities are unbearable. I can’t get the thought of his filthy hands on you again.
- Taeyong…
- But what hurts the most is that I'm stopping you from being what I wanted you to be since that night: a strong, independent and brave woman.
- Taeyong... I just... I don't want you to worry about me anymore. We WILL defeat Shezmu and his army of traitors, even if I had to burn the whole village while doing it. What he did was an act of treason, one of the most dangerous crimes in Stellara. And know that the moment I sit back in my true place, I will change our ways and make my people not fear me, but respect me. As for us...”
I tiptoed and slightly kissed his lips.
“This is not something you should worry about. It's a issue that can be easily solved. As long as I don't end up burning you till you become a pile of ashes on my feet.”
He chuckled and slightly brushed my lips with his. He still had a bit of sadness in his eyes, but I needed it. Because it will make me fight harder to permanently erase it.

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------

 

Hi everyone! Yes I know it's been a while and I promised to update but something happened that messed me up a little and I didn't have the heart to continue. But now I'm back!

With an... interesting chapter ;)

I'm writing the next one right now so yeah... hopefully I'll upload it soon.

Thanks for reading! Comments are love ^^