- Chapter Seven

ᴼᴺᴳᴼᴵᴺᴳ CHOICES © • m.yg
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

AUGUST 13TH, 1997

Daegu Central Hospital

 

 

"Come Yoongi, hurry!"

 

The little boy walked as fast as his tiny legs allowed, holding onto halmeoni's hand.

 

Her hair was starting to turn gray and her skin had begun to wrinkle, but that day she was more jovial and energetic than he'd ever seen before - before in his short four years of life, that is.

 

He was excited too. Perhaps a little nervous. Or was it anxious? Of course he didn't know it by words back then, but those were the feelings.

 

The corridor they were jogging through was pristine clean and smelt like what it was: hospital.

 

He didn't like going to the doctor, but today he knew it was okay, there was going to be no painful vaccine.

 

They reached a door numbered [D-205] and he followed nana in.

 

 

At 40 inches tall, all he could see upfront were legs. So he had to look up to find eomma resting on the bed closer to the window, a wrapped up bundle of blue in her arms.

 

His little heart raced in his chest. This was it! He was going to see the baby! What did it look like? What did it smell like? Would they let him hold it?

 

For a moment, halmeoni, eomma and appa forgot about him, it seemed. He couldn't see! Determined, he tried to climb on the bed.

 

"Look at him! Isn't he the cutest little thing?" Halmeoni cooed in a loving voice.

 

"He's perfect." Eomma declared.

 

With effort and a little hand from appa who finally noticed him, Yoongi was on top of the bed.

 

"Look, sweetie!" Eomma put an arm around him and pulled him closer to her side. "It's your baby brother!"

 

With admiration, the little boy stared at the wrinkly, tiny thing.

 

It was a little weird, he thought, but it was kind of cute.

 

"Have you decided on a name, darling?" Halmeoni asked, fixing the blanket around the baby in eomma's arms but changing little to nothing.

 

"Ah, yes." Eomma looked endearingly at appa. "Since I chose Yoongi's name, I let my dear husband choose this time."

 

"Daeshim." Appa smiled. "Min Daeshim."

 

"Ah! But that's a lovely name." Halmeoni shook her head approvingly. "Don't y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter