- Chapter Twenty

ᴼᴺᴳᴼᴵᴺᴳ CHOICES © • m.yg
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

- Not proofread!

 

 

 

He woke up for the umpteenth time, for his mind had been drifting in and out of a conscious state.

 

This time around, though, he found himself slightly more comfortable.

 

Intensely fighting the need to let himself slip into a slumber again, he tried commanding his eyelids to peel open. It took him a few good turns to succeed and become aware of a crack of eerily yellow light to come flood his blurry vision.

 

The first thing he saw both worried and made him feel at peace.

 

Hoseok's head hovered his, a concerned but rather relieved look etched on his face.

 

He tried to raise himself on his elbows.

 

"Dont' move!" He whisper-yelled, pressing what felt like a warm, damp rag over the other's forehead. "You've got stitches, don't wanna bust them."

 

Now that the he mentioned it, he could clearly feel an odd pull and stiffness at both his sides, as well as near his waist.

 

Before he could ask, Hoseok was already answering, as though he'd read his mind.

 

"Right, so they came for me and threw me in here with a first aid box, they... Well, I did my best to stitch you up while the ers watched... all amused. Like a damn circus act." 

 

He bit on the words, hatred coming with them. 

 

"It was probably the hardest thing I've ever done, actually you know how I hate blood and to be honest I may have puked in my mouth and swallowed it back down at some point during it all."

 

That made Yoongi chuckle, the way only Hobi could given the circumstances.

 

"I just... I just hope it's good enough of a patch up." He sighed.

 

His throat felt dry, too dry to dare utter a word but again, his best friend was a step ahead.

 

"Here, have some water."

 

 

 

YOONGI'S POV

 

With his helpful hand on the back my head, I manage to tilt my body upwards a little. It didn't escape me the way he had obviously opened and tested it at his own risk previously, since there was a small amount of water missing from the bottle.

 

If heaven could be described, it would've been that refreshing feeling of the cool liquid running down my throat, hydrating even my soul. At the same time it took away the burning dry desert in my mouth, it also gradually made me overly aware of just how battered, stiff and bruised my whole body was.

 

I groaned, feeling a horrible sting down where the stitches might be on my left side.

 

"Sorry about those mate... first attempt. Hopefully won't grow infected."

 

"A-Are you ok?" I rasped, ignoring the pain shooting through every single one of my cells and noticing the purple bruise around his eye.

 

"Sorry, I'm still better looking than you!" He chuckled lightheartedly, pushing away the orange locks sticking to his forehead.

 

I realized I felt slightly more comfortable than the previous times I had woken up because I was laying on my back over his lap. He sat against the concrete wall, legs outstretched and parted with my whole body between them, as my back and head rested against his torso.

 

Overlaying the pain that oozed about everywhere, something seemed to poke at the back of my mind, something right there but still out of reach. A thought, an idea, that I couldn't quite pull out from the shadows.

 

I reached for it, cursing the lack of memory, the blurry imagery that danced before my eyes. I remembered being beaten up, stabbed by some vaguely familiar men. I wanted to try remember before actually asking.

 

It was right there, if only I could reach what was escaping me.

 

Something... someone.

 

Yuna.

 

Just then, with the weight of a thousand bricks being dumped over me, it came at once.

 

Yuna!

 

The information fought its way into my head, stumbling over itself and bolting in, in fuzzy flashbacks of the most recent ordeals.

 

"Where's Yuna?!"

 

I pleaded to know, trying to twist around to face him. It was all to no avail though, as my current energy levels were no match to a clearly beaten up, but still healthier Hoseok, who held me in place.

 

"Be careful. Don't move. She's..." He grumbled, obviously unsure how to start and making me all more restless. "She's okay, I bet. I mean, I saw her, she was alright but... It's complicated, she... They..."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter