- Chapter Nine

ᴼᴺᴳᴼᴵᴺᴳ CHOICES © • m.yg
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I tasted blood. 

 

Warm and metallic, in all its glory. 

 

"We can just go on and play this game for as long as you want, kid."

 

His fist made my way for about the seventh time in the past five minutes. 

 

"Again, where is she?" 

 

I tilted my head upwards just enough to meet his gaze and spit blood on his shoes. 

 

He sighed, taking a pitiful look at them. 

 

"Well, that was my best pair."

 

He aimed at my stomach, knocking the air out of me. I slumped on the chair I was tied up to. The pain was becoming unbearable on all places he'd smashed his fist against, but I wouldn't let the bastard hear a single groan being uttered out of me.

 

 

 

"Since you're not gonna see the sun again, anyway, I'll leave you to think about your options. When I'm back I'm going to ask you once more where the girl is. And you better have a satisfying answer for me."

 

With that, he turned around and left the room, banging the door behind him. 

 

With an effort, I looked around, analyzing the bare concrete walls and the moldy ceiling. 

 

Again, I saw no possible way out. 

 

I had lost track of time - it could be either late at night the same day or somewhere around early AM. I couldn't tell.

 

The rope tight around my wrists had started to dig in my skin in a raw, painful way and my shoulder's were tender and sore on the spot where my arms turned backwards. 

 

My mind traveled to her.

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

I saw him pull the knife backwards and braced myself for the upcoming pain.

 

Which never came.

 

His eyes rolled to the back of his head and his body bent backwards. He growled in pain, all his weight dropping to the ground right after. Behind him, a girl who couldn't be over 5'ft tall stood, taser in her hand, a dumbfounded look on her face.

 

Her hair was long and somewhat wavy, her eyes rounder than I'd ever seen, big and curious. She was definitely beautiful. Too beautiful and good of a girl to be out and about at this time of the night.

 

She looked from the man at our feet, to the ridiculously pink taser device clasped in her hand and then to me. 

 

"Well, that was savage." She commented, as though nothing out of normal had happened.

 

I wanted to laugh, for a second, but I decided I wouldn't. She needed to get out of here. This wasn't good. She had no idea what she'd just gotten herself into. Either way, I could've helped myself, she didn't need to interfere. I didn't need no girl's help.

 

"Who the hell are you?" I asked, hoping she'd take the cue and leave as soon as possible.

 

I stepped out of the darkness.

 

"I'm-" 

 

She didn't finish though, she just eyed me oddly. I felt checked out.

 

"Whenever you're done staring at me like an imbecile, you can start explaining why the hell you were eavesdropping." I said, starting to lose my patience. She was pretty, sure, but she was still not supposed to be there.

 

"I wasn't eavesdropping. I was passing by and I heard an argument. Like the exemplar citizen I am, I decided to check out and see what was sweating. And as far as I know, I just about saved your ungrateful, moronic ." She said, apparently offended.

 

"I didn't ask for your help."

 

Deciding I had lost too much time already and hoping she would just go home, I turned around and left without another word.

 

 

 

 

Except obviously, she wasn't about to let the whole thing drop.

 

"Wait a minute!" She called, jogging after me.

 

I walked fast and in long strides, but she wasn't gonna let that stop her.

 

And that was annoying.

 

"What do you want, eavesdropper?" I dryly asked, not bothering to spare her a glance as I marched down the street with her glued to my heels. 

 

"You can't just walk away! What the hell! Did you see what just happened? You were seconds from bleeding your entrails on the ground and I just possibly killed a man to help you!" 

 

I ignored her and just kept walking. Gosh, she was being annoying.

 

"Hey, you! I'm talking to you!" 

 

She pulled on my sleeve, but I just kept walking.

 

Suddenly, she jumped in front of me, slapping both hands on my chest, which made me come to a halt.

 

"You are an insistent, annoying little thing, aren't you?" I hissed between my teeth, more as a frustrated thought to myself, rather than a question for her to answer.

 

But she answered anyway.

 

"I will keep being an in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter