- Chapter Fourteen

ᴼᴺᴳᴼᴵᴺᴳ CHOICES © • m.yg
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I want to wish all of you a Happy New Year, full of accomplishments and fulfillment! ♥ May your days be joyful, and the sun shine down on you, always! Let's get through yet another year, with one another inside our hearts and BTS as our soundtrack! Please, don't you forget to repeat our motto, every new morning: "#LoveMyself #LoveYourself"  ♥ ♥ ♥ And always, ALWAYS remember the most important thing: #You_Never_Walk_Alone!  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

 

.•*(¸.•*'♥'*•.¸)'*•.

 

 

 

"Yuna? What are you doing here?"

 

I looked up to see a face I recognized from not long ago.

 

He looked handsome once again, with his blonde hair swiped stylishly and a leather jacket over tight clothes.

 

 

His trademark dimples were there too.

 

"N-Namjoon-Oppa...?" I stuttered, just as my brain stumbled across his identity upon a quick internal scan.

 

"Aish! Have you forgotten about our agreement?"

 

I furrowed my eyebrows, slightly confused, as I tried to make sense out of his words. At the same time, in an attempt to focus, I tried tuning out the blasting music and the flickering lights.

 

"Oh!" I was suddenly hit by realization. "Mianhae, Hyung."

 

"That's way better." He cooed, tapping the side of my shoulder amicably.

 

As I avoided his eyes and searched for a way to escape, I noticed for the first time the three boys behind him, curiously staring between us both and smiling in amusement.

 

They were all handsome too, which made me wonder for a second if I looked minimally presentable. But then I mentally slapped myself - I had priorities and ogling at pretty boys was definitely not one of them.

 

 

"Ah, right, these are my friends." He proceeded to introduce them, pointing as he called their names. "Jin Hyung, Jimin and Jungkook."

 

I bowed quickly, already starting to think of a way out of the situation again. I needed to get things done and as much as I'd like the prospect of living in a parallel reality where we could all be friends and hang out together, things simply didn't roll that way.

 

"I'm Yuna." I said, scratching the back of my neck.

 

"Now, tell me, since when are you a night-club-staff-type-of-girl? Better yet, how did you get yourself a job at Octagon? It's public knowledge they're as hard on hiring as they are on treating their employees... Anyway, I'm ranting." Namjoon chuckled then eyed me, expectant for a response.

 

I let out a little giggle, a nervous little giggle at that.

 

Not suspicious at all.

 

Grand acting prize goes to... Yeah, definitely not me.

 

"I... Uh... L-Long story. But what are you doing here?" I asked back, in hopes of changing the subject of the conversation.

 

"Well, I'm working tonight." He said, rubbing the back of his neck and shrugging.

 

"Working?" I blurted, looking around trying to find the person I had been instructed to look for.

 

"Yeah, you know, I'm performing tonight, I rap."

 

When he said this, I was mentally hit by a brick image of another someone rapping on stage. That night came to flash before my eyes. It seemed like it had been a million days ago.

 

Suga.

 

My gut twisted.

 

I heard Namjoon blabber in the back of my head about his  performance, as my eyes fell on someone who matched Sagong's description. He was sitting at a table, sided by two other muscled guys who looked more like personal security than anything.

 

"T-That's great Namjoon Hyung, I bet you'll kill it! Uhh... I... Mianhae, I need to be on the go, I have... Uhh... Things to do."

 

I felt awful for one second, when I barely registered his three friends taunting him for being 'ditched'. However, I didn't give it much of a second thought, as my feet automatically started moving towards my target's general direction and making my disappearance amongst the crowd.

 

I dodged yet another handful of sweaty and pushy bodies.

 

Nervously, I stood behind a black, concrete pillar and took in the man's appearance.

 

He was in his late twenties, his head bald, clearly by option. He was clad in pretty much all leather and tattoos I couldn't decipher adorned his hands and neck. I could only guess how many more he had. His stare was hostile as he scanned over the crowd, which only started to gather about teen feet from the table where he sat, causing it to seem like he was in the middle of his very own clearing, from which people tried to steer as far as possible.

 

Unless, I discovered, they seldomly wanted to get something from him, in which case they would slowly approach him and wait for his signal that they were allowed to sit in front of him. Then, a small conversation would take place and a tiny bag would be discreetly passed over from his hand to his costumer's. After this, one of the bulky security guards would the person in question to some place hidden, probably to collect the payment.

 

My brain started to work at the speed of light, as I tried to convey a way to approach him I get what I needed. I didn't have money on me and even if I had, buying from him was one thing, getting to know where his cartel's headquarters was located, was a completely different one.

 

Think, Yuna.

 

I could follow them, once they considered their night over with and left, but for starters, I couldn't simply pretend to be part of the staff and stand there waiting without doing nothing, nor did I have clothes to change that would allow me to blend in. Secondly, I couldn't keep up following them if they had a car, which they probably did. And I clearly couldn't just sit in front of him and ask where he slept at night.

 

So, basically, I'm screwed.

 

"I take it you enjoy living dangerously."

 

A soft, incredibly deep voice just by my ear startled me. Spinning around, I came eye to eye with an impossibly handsome young man.

 

His smokey grey hair was strategically messy and parted. Loops and a chain earring adorned his ears. His eyes were icy blue, contacts which suit him in a dazzling, hypnotizing way. His skin was flawless and I suddenly felt self conscious to the deepest corner of my soul.

 

 

And then he smirked.

 

I started sweating.

 

Holy f-

 

"Whatdoyoumeanlivingdangerously?" I blurted out, stumbling on my own words as I stepped backwards to put some distance between us and try make his breathtaking presence slightly more bearable.

 

What? 

 

I'm a weak woman.

 

He laughed quietly, a mere murmur.

 

"Don't know about you, but standing here staring at Yi Chul is pretty much signing your own death sentence."

 

I gulped.

 

"I-... I w-wasn't... I wasn't s-staring." I denied, looking everywhere but his face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter