- Chapter Eight

ᴼᴺᴳᴼᴵᴺᴳ CHOICES © • m.yg
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

SATURDAY, 9:00 PM

 

Another three hours passed.

 

I was about to lose my mind, after nine hours of being locked in that room with Suga's obnoxious little brother.

 

 

 

 

Not only was the kid annoying to the brim, he creeped me out with all that eerie peacefulness.

 

I had gone to the bathroom cubicle some fifty times, just to feel "alone" and put some more distance between us both. I had eaten every bag of chips existent, kicked and punched at things and counted the cables and buttons on the table just to keep my sanity intact. Or as intact as possible.

 

Min Daeshim attempted to start a conversation a couple times, but seemed to get bored at my lack of response. I had decided that if he wasn't going to tell me anything, then there was no point wasting my energy talking to him whatsoever.

 

He was slowly proving himself to be a horrible human being. I pondered on Suga's words about his younger brother and silently came to conclude that the boy's handsome face, flawless hair and velvety voice were a complete, total and utter facade.

 

Whatever he had done to ignite all this havoc, had to be bad enough that his brother could barely look at his face or control his anger around him. At the same time, he obviously couldn't give a flying about it all. So, I mentally slapped a label across his forehead with the words "TWISTED SOCIOPATH" in bold and underline.

 

And nine hours later, he was still mindlessly playing those godforsaken video games tirelessly.

 

I was about to start screaming in frustration and throwing around whatever was nearby, when my phone rung in my jeans' back pocket.

 

"NE?!" I semi-shouted at the device, not bothering to look at the caller's ID.

 

"Yu-na, sweetheart? Are you okay?"

 

I heard my mother's concerned voice on the other side and instantly regretted my unthought reaction.

 

"Eomma! Ne! I'm okay, I was... Uh... I was asleep, your call startled me so I... Ne... I... Mianhae, I didn't mean to yell at you."

 

"Oh, I'm sorry about that honey! I was just calling to check on you. You didn't message good morning or anything as usual. So I started worrying, I mean, the whole day without a single message..."

 

A heavy weight dropped on my gut. She started worrying due to the lack of a good morning message. What would she feel like if she knew anything that was going on. What would she do?

 

"Ne, eomma, I literally slept the whole day, I'm just so tired these days, plus I felt a little sick at Bo's last night so I've just been resting all day."

 

While I spoke on the phone, I glared down at Min Daeshim, to make sure he wouldn't say a word. He stared back at me, obviously and shamelessly overhearing the conversation. He seemed amused.

 

"I miss you already baby, can't wait for Tuesday next week to see you! I'll bring you some gifts!"

 

"Ne, thank you mom..." For a split second I thought about telling her everything. But I knew I couldn't. "We'll talk later, I'm going to get ready to go out with Ji-hwa for a little."

 

"Oh, sweetie, I'm happy to hear you're friends again!"

 

My mother chirped on the other side of the line.

 

"I won't keep you longer then, I have to go too anyway! Talk to you soon. Saranghae!"


Something clawed at my entrails. I hoped I'd see her again. And I hoped everything would turn out just fine and dandy. But something in my heart told me it wouldn't come that easy.

 

"Saranghae eomma."

 

The call ended and I squeezed the device in my hand.

 

'I need to get out of this room.'

 

Even if that meant bringing down that freaking door.

 

"Natural liar much?"

 

I ignored his hypocritical remark and stood in front of the door, taking its measures. I wasn't Hulk, I couldn't bring it down amidst smoke and bricks, but maybe I could break the lock and force it to open. I wouldn't go against it with my shoulder, I was a weakling on my top half, but if anything, I knew I had a strong kick, for a girl, that is, and all my strength was on my legs.

 

Also, I had watched way too many movies to know that to kick a door open, one must hit the exact point below the lock. A good pair of kicks would make the lock system bend until it broke. The question was, how many would be needed for it to break, before potentially spraining my ankle? I didn't care. I was getting out of here even if it took me another nine hours.

 

I just prayed it wouldn't happen.

 

"Again with the getting-out-of-here thing? You know there's no way you can open that door right?"

 

"Exactly why haven't you tried to kick that door open?" I had to ask, when I started to think about it. "You'd surely be capable to if you wanted."

 

He raised an eyebrow and gave a look that definitely called me dumb.

 

"Right, why would you want to leave?" I snorted, stepping backwards and preparing myself for the impact. "Laid back coward."

 

Perhaps it was the anger starting to boil inside me at his arrogance and stupidity, or maybe it was the burning feeling of being caged like a desperate little bird that made me go for it. I stepped forward and raised my foot, then kicking forward with all my might.

 

However, just as my foot was about to hit the spot I had aimed for, the door was pulled open and I fell like a silly puppet into the empty void.

 

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and stop me from smashing my face on the floor.

 

  "What the heck?"  

 

I didn't recognize that voice though.

 

I tripped on my own feet and untangled myself from his arms, stepping backwards and taking a look at my savior.

 

He was about Suga's height. His hair was sort of unnaturally ginger and his face seemed to have been sculpted with talent; his nose was thin and well drawn, his facial lines strong. Wrinkles appeared at the corners of his eyes when his face cracked in the widest, kindest smile I had ever seen.

 

"It's raining girls, seems. You're Yu-na, right? Finally. It's so very nice to meet you! Are you okay?"

 

"I... Am...? How do you know my name? Who are you? What are you doing here? How did you open the-... You have keys?!"

 

He stared at the key  chain in his hand and shrugged nonchalantly.

 

"I'm Jung Hoseok. Suga's friend." He answered, clearly in a sympathetic attempt to respond to my questioning spree. "Speaking of which, is he back yet? He said he'd call when he got it over with."

 

 

 

 

"He-" I started to say, but Min Daeshim walked out the door and threw himself in a bro-hug with the other boy.

 

I noticed that his kind, humorous complexion turned to stone. He didn't return the hug - his arms hung awkwardly at his sides.

 

"Hobi-hyung! It's been a while!" The younger chirped as though this was all a lovely get-together.

 

"Annyeong." He greeted dryly. "Where's Suga?"

 

"Ah, you know my big brother. Went run some little errands and hasn't come back yet." He said dismissively, running a hand through his hair.


"What do you mean he hasn't come back yet?!" Hoseok's face paled quicker than I'd ever thought possible and it only did to make my worry grow even more.

 

He started pacing around the hall, rubbing his face.

 

"I knew something was up when he took this long to call. He's in trouble. He's gotta be in trouble." He huffed, more to himself than to either of us standing there with him.

 

"Excuse me, Hoseok-oppa..." I started, the best way I could. "Did he... Did he go... He took money..."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter