Pops In Seoul: Lilac Edition + Secrets

Lilac (라이락) ♥

              [Plain text - Korean, unless stated otherwise ; Bold - English ]  

 

EunMi, Yoo Sawng, and Chaerin are going to be the  only ones appearing on Arirang’s ‘Pops In Seoul’ episode due to the show being in English and only these three can speak it. Plus, their manager and President of NH Media thought it would be a good idea to just focus on those three for this time; Vizio, Bae Kyon and S.Me will get their turn soon enough.

            EunMi and Yoo Sawng quietly text each other back and forth while in the van, on their way from getting their makeup and hair done, heading to Arirang’s studio. Chaerin notices them excluding her and she pouts while looking out the window. She has no idea what it going on between them, but feels hurt that her two closest friends (besides Bae kyon of course) of Lilac were ignoring her and leaving her out of their conversation. Was their conversation so personal that it needed to be held through texting? Apparently so.

            “EunMi, you’ve practiced your English, right? Since you had trouble the other day with English I thou-“ JunSeong started to tell her, but she quickly cut him off.

            “Yeah, Manager-ssi!” EunMi tells him, nodding her head while texting away. She and Yoo Sawng are trying to recover their plans, but with little luck. After receiving a text from Eunkyo with some shocking news, the girls had to restart their plans and get new ideas in their heads. That was a difficult task though, and just barely a day later the girls stsill aren’t sure what they should do.

 

To: Yoo Sawng! :>

Maybe I can just be all, ‘I have news!’ and then drop the  heart breaking bomb. But…seriously, I thought it would be better getting her to change her mind. This is so.. Irritating! D:

 

To: EunMi

I know. Do you think she suspects anything? Look at her! She is quiet! :P

 

To: Yoo Sawng! :>

You’re right. Maybe we should talk later.. Ooh! Maybe you should just forward her the message!

 

To: Eunmi

Are you sure she’ll be upset over this? I mean…it’s Chaerin.

 

To: Yoo Sawng! :>

True. We need to call in reinforcement..

 

To: EunMi

Who?

 

To: Yoo Sawng! :>

Eunkyo. The one who told us.

 

 

           

            Back in the Lilac dorm Vizio gets  ready to sneak out once again. She quietly slips her sneakers on and opens the front door, stepping out, and gently pulls it closed. With much success, she smiles to herself and skips down the hallway.

            “I’m off to see Lady!” Vizio sings to herself, pressing the elevator button repeatedly. Indeed, Vizio had planned a few days ago that she would sneak out and see ‘the lady at the front desk’. She couldn’t help but smile wide knowing that she’d get to see her first ‘friend’ she had in korea. Lady. Although she knows her real name, she still prefers to call her ‘Lady’.

            “Vizio?” a familiar voice interrupts Vizio’s happy thoughts, making her look up and into the elevator at the person. “What are you doing?”

            “I’m…what are you doing?” Vizio asks AJ, stepping into the elevator with him. “I thought U-Kiss had schedules.”

            “We do, but today is practice.”

            “For?” Vizio sees that the lobby button is already pressed so she just stands there and waits.

            “Our new songs. Japanese songs. I thought JunSeong would’ve mentioned your brother group’s activities to you girls,” he tells her, smirking.

            “He hasn’t. Has your manager mentioned what all we will be doing for debut?”

            “Not exactly,” he says, looking straight ahead. “Your Korean has improved.”

            “I know.”

            Both of them step out of the elevator and into the lobby. The head for the front door, putting their sunglasses on, and look around  to make sure no one recognizes them. Of course Lilac hasn’t debuted yet, but people know her face whether it be from Lilac or from her acting.

            “You’re headed to the NH building?” Vizio asks him. AJ just nods in response. “Want to walk together?” Again, AJ just nods in response and smiles at her. Vizio wishes some way that he’d talk more. Every time they talk, it ends in awkwardness. Like  the second time she met up with AJ, he asked how her day was going and she misunderstood and thought he said something along the lines of ‘Snow today? When?’ Thus she just shook her head and told him ‘It’s sunny, not snowy.’

            “Why don’t you talk more?” Vizio blurts out as they walk down the street together. AJ just chuckles and shrugs his shoulders. She finds his laugh very dorky and sometimes a little loud, but she likes it. She kind of wishes his laugh was around at the dorm. “Talk! You know, one of U-Kiss’ old songs even says so!” Vizio starts singing the lyrics of one of U-Kiss’ songs: Talk To Me. “Baby, talk, talk, talk to me~ Let me love, love, love tonight~ Baby talk! Let me love! Saranghalkke! Baby, talk, talk, talk to me!

            People look at Vizio, not because she is a bad singer (we all know she sings rather well for being one of the main singers of the group) but because she is dancing while  walking, flailing her arms, and singing loudly in public. Who does that? Obviously Vizio does. AJ laughs at her actions, grabbing her hand and dragging her across the street and into the NH Media building.

            BABY, TALK, TALK, TALK…” Vizio realizes she is now in the NH Media building and several workers (and trainees) are staring at her, including Lady. “…to me. Well, this is awkward.”

            “Follow me,” AJ whispers to her, dragging her along through the building.

            “But I want to talk to Lady~!” Vizio whines, being dragged by him. He is rather strong compared to her. She can’t help but give in and not fight. After all, if she would stay right after yelling ‘baby, talk, talk, talk to me’ she’d have some explaining to do. She didn’t want to do that at the moment.

            As AJ and Vizio are walking down the hall, the awkward  silence fills the cool air, chilling Vizio to the bone. She hates these types of silences. Suddenly, without warning, a group of people are running down the hall towards the two. AJ and Vizio stop and look at each side of them, finding no where to  hide or run from the group. In those few seconds, Vizio takes a step to the side (as does AJ on the other side) thinking they’d avoid the crowd. However, Vizio trips over her own feet and falls on her wrist hard.

            “Ow!” Vizio cries, sitting up and clutching her wrist. The crowd is gone  and AJ’s eyes fill with worry, quickly rushing over to her. Vizio bites her lip hard, thinking the pain in her lip would overpower the pain in her wrist, but she is wrong.

            “What happened?” AJ asks, looking at her.

            “I tripped,” Vizio chokes out. “It hurts!” Vizio can’t remember what the word for ‘wrist’ was, so she just looks down at her wrist as she clutches it. Maybe she sprained it. The worst she could think of was breaking it, which she hopes more than anything is not what happened.

            “We need to get you to the emergency room!” AJ tells her. “Let me help you up.” AJ gently puts his arms under Vizio’s and lifts her up, making her stand. Once she is standing, he puts his arms around her making sure she stays right beside him. “We’ll go tell Kyung Soo-ssi.”

            “Who?” Vizio mutters, fighting back the tears forming in her eyes. She had to stay strong. She felt the need to. But she doesn’t know who AJ is talking about. Maybe some worker here?
            “The lady at the front desk,” he tells her. “In other words, Lady.”

            Vizio nods and they ocntinue walking towards the front desk.

 

            “Omona! What happened?” Kyung Soo asks, her eyes now wide and worry taking over the expression on her face. AJ and Vizio had walked up, Vizio now red faced from trying not to cry and AJ frowning. It was a pitiful sight.

Kyung Soo rushes from behind her desk and observes Vizio. Vizio’s wrist is now swollen and red. “AJ, take my car and drive her.” Kyung Soo hands him her keys. AJ and Kyung Soo are ‘friends’ in a sense and she is fond of him and always looks out for him. He knows her car and she trusts him with it, especially in this situation. Calling an ambulance for Vizio and having an ambulance arrive at NH Media would cause a stir in the media and make reporters go wild! They didn’t need that.

           

 

“I’m the new host for today’s segment; introducing you to NH Media’s new girl group! Well, three of the members anyways. I am Lee Hwayoung. This is Pops In Seoul!” the host says cheerily to the camera, smiling cheekily and holding her cards in her hands.

Yoo Sawng, EunMi, and Chaerin sat opposite of her, grinning, and waiting for their turns to talk.

Let’s introduce the girls, shall we?” Hwayoung grins and looks at the girls.

“Hey everyone! I’m Chaerin, the maknae and ‘Bad Kitten’ of Lilac!” Chaerin smiles and bows her head slightly to the camera.

“Hello! I’m Yoo Sawng; the lead rapper and ‘Gentle Loner’ of Lilac.” Yoo Sawng says to the camera, her expressionless face slowly breaking into a small smile.

“Hey! I’m EunMi. I am the lead dancer and ‘Tomboy Ice Princess’ of Lilac!” EunMi tells the camera, bowing her head slightly like Chaerin did.

“It’s nice to meet you three! Now, the viewers know that fellow label mates, U-Kiss have hosted Pops In Seoul in the past. I bet it is exciting following in their footsteps. How close are you with U-Kiss?” Hwayoung asks, prying into the girls personal lives and the show has only just began.

EunMi and Chaerin both met U-Kiss way before Lilac was formed. They became friends with them I think soon after that. I am not that close with them, but we are aquaintances. They are very nice and down-to-Earth people,” Yoo Sawng answers her, nodding her head at her own words. Yoo Sawng trusts herself more than the other two to know  exactly what to say without causing a scandal or saying the wrong thing. Chaerin blurts out things and EunMi’s rage usually can get in the way.

“I see. EunMi, Chaerin, are there certain members of U-Kiss you are close with?” Hwayoung pries even farther. Yoo Sawng mentally glares at the host. Hopefully the two others won’t say anything to make people think wrongly of their relationship with U-Kiss.

“I’m sort of friends with Dongho, but I am better friends with Eli. I’m not a girly girl and I am not into aegyo much; Dongho does a lot of aegyo.” EunMi tells the truth with her words, but doesn’t go over the limit. She could’ve easily stated that aegyo is a terrible thing and so on, but no. She is being nice on TV.

“What about you, Chaerin?”

“I’m friends with Dongho mainly. I had to train with Dongho, Eli, and Kiseop in my early training years, so I’m pretty close to them. U-Kiss in a whole is super funny and nice and cares  for us well.”

Hwayoung nods, “So, how was training for you three? When did Lilac form?”

“Lilac was officially formed on October 11th, 2011; I remember that day like yesterday. Our first impressions were funny!” EunMi says, smiling at the memories. In fact, whenever the girls look back on their first meetings, they laugh about it. Although it has only been a couple of months, the girls have changed their opinions of their fellow members and how they see them.

“Really? What was your first impression of everyone?” Hwayoung asks. Of course, the prying host takes another try.

I already knew Chaerin, but when I first met her in dance practice, she was hardworking. I hated wearing high heels and she helped me with it. Although, after practice she was hyper and bubbly; I could sense she was a real girly girl. I’m a tomboy, so I had my doubts. For Yoo Sawng, she seemed reserved and well mannered. I was kind of shocked. She is still super polite and the best behaved of our group, but she can be childish. For Bae Kyon, I thought she was really pretty and naïve; she was so innocent looking so I assumed that. For S.Me, she was a bit bubbly and different, but cool. Vizio was quiet since she couldn’t speak Korean well, but she showed her talents.”

“S.Me is a weird type of person, but she is still fun to be around,” Yoo sawng adds onto what EunMi said. “I first met her in the waiting room and it surely was a unique experience. Chaerin, in my eyes, was an attention seeker. Not a bad thing, because when we first met a few minutes before, we bonded and she was nice, but she is competitive. EunMi is definitely a tomboy and she and Chaerin like to tease each other – one about doing girly things, the other about do boyish things. Vizio is a good leader, but is a child at heart. I think that’s a charm of hers.”

“So, Vizio couldn’t speak Korean in the beginning?” Hwayoung asks. The girls shake their heads ‘no’. “And she is learning now?”

“Her Korean has improved so much!” Yoo Sawng compliments their leader. “She has issues with some sentences, but she is learning quickly.”

“Is Korean all of you three’s first language?” Hwayoung smiles at them, placing another card on top of the one in her hands. It has the questions on it – or maybe some questions on it.

“My first language was English, actually,” Chaerin tells her. “I grew up in the US, but was born in Busan. I moved here in 2006, a year before I became a trainee.”

“I lived in the States for eight years; I moved there when I was 3 years old. My mother was teaching me English on top of my already knowing and trying to learn Korean while I was growing, so it was a bit hard. I still have papers from when I was young and I have sentences in half Korean, half English. It looks weird.” EunMi tells her story to Hwayoung, chuckling near the end. Yoo Sawng and Chaerin smile at her story and Hwayoung grins, finding EunMi’s story amusing.

“I lived in the US for nine years and then moved to Italy. Since I grew up in the US and attended school there for so long, I learned English first, but knew a bunch of Korean words. My mom is Italian, so she taught me Italian the year we moved to Italy and I continued learning once we were there. My dad is Greek, so he has tried to teach me some Greek, but I don’t know a lot.” Yoo Sawng tells her story, smiling the whole time while reminiscing in the memories. She misses her family a lot; her older brother, Dimitri, teasing her about some childish thing, but still always being there for her for whatever reason; Chae-Hyi always wanting to sleep next to her when it stormed outside.

“So, do the other members speak any other languages?” Hwayoung asks them, her cheeky smile back on her face.

“Vizio speaks Mandarin and so does S.Me; S.Me has helped Vizio so much!” Yoo Sawng tells her, nodding.

“I think Bae Kyon speaks Japanese,” Chaerin adds. “Her English isn’t the best, but she knows some phrases. I am helping her out with them.”

“I heard rumors that Lilac would be releasing more than one version of their debut song and that their first mini album would be in several languages, correct?” Hwayoung asks the girls.

EunMi is the first to answer, knowing that JunSeong said it was okay to talk about their debut and music now. “Our first song, ‘My Heart’, will be in Korean and English, both. We haven’t revealed  the full mini album track yet, but more than one song will be in English and another song will be in Chinese.”

“Were two music videos made for your debut song?” Hwayoung asks her.

EunMi nods and Yoo Sawng answers, “It was a lot of work, but we did it.”

“What did Lilac think of the teaser videos?”

“Videos? We thought there was only one,” Yoo Sawng tells her, shocked. She is telling the truth. The girls only knew of the one and that was it. Their busy schedules didn’t help with keeping them up to date on things, so they didn’t know whether or not there was more than one.

“The first one was released and it was 20 seconds. After that, a fifteen second clip of each girl was released every other  day – starting with the maknae, Chaerin, and going up from there. You girls looked very pretty in the teasers!” Hwayoung compliments them, giving an eyesmile.

“Thank you!” the three girls chorus together. They now know that when they go home, they are looking on Youtube for their teaser videos. No doubt about that! What did they look like in the teasers? What outfits were they wearing?

“Teen Top’s Changjo is in the music videos, too. What was it like working with him?” Hwayoung smiles at the girls, hoping for a juicy answer that could lead to something.

“S.Me and Changjo got to work together the most, so us three really didn’t interact with him. Changjo and Chaerin met a while back, but they both forgot…but I remembered!” EunMi tells her. “Changjo is really nice and is good at what he does.”

“You two met before?” Hwayoung asks Chaerin. Yoo Sawng wants to choke EunMi for bringing that up. Literally.

“I guess. I don’t remember the encounter, but EunMi says we did.” Chaerin answers Hwayoung’s question honestly, not seeing the excitement filled in the host’s eyes. She wanted to unleash some story, but every time she found something juicy, she couldn’t get any comments on anything. It was like the girls would set her up for something and then knock her down.

The rest of the interview was spent discussing the progression of their work, their debut, what groups they look up to and similar things. Yoo Sawng kept wishing that the  host would stop prying so much. If they end up in a scandal or have headlines about them that are false, they would be in deep trouble. Not to mention, their debut could be  cancelled for all they know!

 

 

To: Yoo Sawng! :>

If this doesn’t work out, I’m hooking Chaerin up with some random dude in my cellphone.

 

To: EunMi

What if that random dude is a stalker.

 

To: Yoo Sawng! :>

Touché. Fine! I will hook up Chaerin with...Youngmin. He’s like my brother and we talk all the time. So, no big deal.

 

To: EunMi

She dislikes Jeongmin the Jerk and isn’t too fond of Minwoo. If she would date Youngmin-ssi, things wouldn’t go well.

 

To: Yoo Sawng! :>

What about...Dongho? They are good friends after all.

 

To: EunMi

Scandal~  We better start talking to her – she is giving us weird looks. >.<;

 

“Chaerin-ah! If you could date anyone, who would you date?” EunMi blurts out in the van, not caring in JunSeong hears or not – and he does. Chaerin blinks at her, not knowing what to say. Her ideal type comes to mind and she quickly tries to place someone into that category, but fails, not knowing who would fit that.

“I don’t know,” she tells her, shrugging her shoulders.

“I mean, besides Sungmin. We all know he is your lov-“ EunMi is cut off by Yoo Sawng placing her hand over EunMi’s mouth, shutting the girl up. JunSeong chuckles quietly, looking in the rearview mirror at them.

“I told you I don’t like him like that…” Chaerin says, turning forward in her seat.

“She didn’t mean that,” Yoo Sawng lies. “She is just teasing like normal. But seriously, who would you date?”

Chaerin doesn’t look back at them, “I said I don’t know. Why do you two want to know anyways?”

EunMi pulls Yoo Sawng’s hand off of and quickly asks her best friend, “You are sure you don’t like Sungmin like that, right? He’s just a friend?”

Chaerin nods and turns her head towards them, “Just a friend. Why?”

“I need to tell you something,” EunMi says quietly, grabbing her phone from her pocket.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@tina_luvs_music  I just realized that. OTL  Stupid AFF problems! T^T

 

@Mikunnie  I didn't retype it. Luckily I hadn't exited my Microsoft Wordpad, so all I had to do was click the 'undo' thing and it appeared back on it. THANK GOD! I would've died if it was deleted. The current date (as of this chapter) is December 28th (a Tuesday) in 2011.

 

@Caramel-chan Mhmm~ I'm so glad I was able to get it back up. The poll doesn't really matter, I can always recreate it later. And I read all the comments beforehand, so it isn't like I didn't get to see them. You'll learn of the plan soon, hopefully~ :3

 

A/N: Have you figured out what is going on with the whole ‘Sungmin’ ordeal and everything? And poor Vizio~~ But Vizio’s injury was the results on the poll. *hides behind brick wall* The poll is going to probably be regular since I wanted you all to be interactive with this and stuff, so sometimes it will be a game of chance (like the first one) and others, like the upcoming one, will give you choices. ^^;