Karaoke Time

Lilac (라이락) ♥

         Bae Kyon was a bit curious as to if she and Jeongmin would sing well together or not. She kept up with every group in the k-pop world and she knew that Boyfriend was indeed very talented. She, in fact, found Jeongmin’s voice very beautiful. But was she comfortable with singing with him…a boy? No. She did not want to be near a boy. But, then again, hasn’t she been in a room with three boys for a couple hours now? She can make it through this.

          Bae Kyon stands up and takes a microphone from Vizio. She smiles and thanks her. Jeongmin slowly stands up and takes the other microphone, thanking the girl, and stands by Bae Kyon.

          “You two should sing ‘No Better Than Strangers’,” Chaerin tells them. “It’s one of my favorites. Besides, it is mainly Baby Soul singing. We all know Jeongmin can sing. Bae Kyon unnie has yet to show our guests she can sing.”

          “That is a good song,” Yoo Sawng says, looking up.

          Vizio selects the song and Bae Kyon starts singing. It’s no doubt that she sings it almost perfectly. By almost perfectly, I mean she doesn’t have Baby Soul’s voice, but her own, unique voice that perfects it. The only way you can perfect a song is to sing exactly like the singer, but that is impossible. Right?

          Jeongmin sings Wheesung’s small part of the song. He feels like they should’ve chosen a song with a bigger part for him. Besides, he needs to get Chaerin’s attention. She never speaks to him. Why?

          After the song, everyone claps and Vizio cheers aloud, smiling wide. The girls already knew that Bae Kyon can sing like no other, but the boys (and Eunkyo) didn’t know that. Eunkyo tells Bae Kyon that she sang wonderfully and she is sure to get many fans with that voice.

          The boys clapped and told Bae Kyon that she is a great singer. No doubt, she thanks them and even blushes with all the praise.

          “You are amazing! We should sing together more often, yeah?” Jeongmin says to the girl, giving his killer smile and winking. Bae Kyon is speechless and just nods.

          The doorbell rings and Yoo Sawng stands up. Everyone looks towards the door or at Yoo Sawng. Who is at the door? No one has any idea, besides Yoo Sawng herself.

          “It’s the pizza guy. I ordered pizza since I didn’t feel like cooking. I hope everyone likes either cheese or pepperoni!” Yoo Sawng tells he group. Everyone either nods or says ‘yes’ to her. She runs to the door and gets the pizza.

          “Who’s going next?” Bae Kyon asks, looking around. “Can I choose who goes next?”

          EunMi nods, “As long as you don’t choose me, you can.”

          “I think S.Me unnie should,” Bae Kyon says, looking at the girl. “Unnie, if you want someone to go with you, you can choose.”

          “Why doesn’t Chaerin go with you? You two are good together,” EunMi says. “She can sing.”

          Chaerin looks at her best friend, “What?”

          “It isn’t like you have stage fright, Chaerin-ah,” Eunkyo says. “I’ve heard you sing.”

          “Come on, Rinnie!” S.Me says, pulling on the younger’s arm. “We’ll do something 4minute if you want. You can sing HyunA’s part, too.”

          “We choose the song,” EunMi says.

          “I choose it!” Vizio shouts, raising the remote in the air. “Or I bite you.”

          “Fine,” Chaerin says and  stands up. “But, Vizio unnie, choose something where S.Me unnie has to sing.”

          S.Me shakes her head, “I rap.”

          “You sing now,” Vizio says, smiling wide and flipping through the songs. “Let’s choose a song super girly and with aegyo. You both have to act cute in this performance.”

          Now, you’re probably like “Wow! Vizio said all that without help?” Yes, yes she did. Her Korean has improved that much.

          “What song?” S.Me asks. Chaerin picks up a microphone and picks up one for S.Me, handing it to her.

          Yoo Sawng yells from the kitchen, “Come get pizza if you want it. I’m not your servant, but I will gladly bring you a piece if you ask!”

          No one moves an inch, except Jeongmin. He smiles at Bae Kyon, who notices and just looks at him, expressionless. “Do you want me to get you a piece of pizza?”

          Bae Kyon just stares at him. Let a boy bring her pizza. He oculd poison it! He could kill her or something! No way is she going to let a boy bring her pizza! “Um…sure.”

          “ChoColat’s Syndrome,” Vizio announces, selecting the song.

          “At least I know that by heart,” Chaerin says under her breath. She didn’t forget that Sungmin is probably ecstatic that she is finally singing in front of him. She winces at that. In fact, he was super happy.

          “I will sing Juliane and JaeYoon’s part,” S.Me says.

          “That leaves me with three parts though,” Chaerin whines.

          “I’ll take SoA’s part then,” S.Me says, rolling her eyes. “Aigo, dongsaeng.”

          “I love you, Unnie~” Chaerin grins, happy with her small victory.

          Yoo Sawng walks back in and sits down, eating her piece of pizza. She is curious as to what song they are singing. Wait. Is that Chaerin up there? I thought she said she wouldn’t sing in front of anyone other than us until debut, Yoo Sawng thought to herself.

          “You two have to do the dance and turn to us,” EunMi says, chuckling at the thought.

          Chaerin and S.Me turn around and face their small group. Good thing this karaoke system has wireless microphones. Otherwise, the girls would trip.

          “You know the dance?” Chaerin asks her unnie, looking at her.

          S.Me nods, “I’ve seen you dance it enough. I’m pretty sure I know it.”

          A couple people of the group chuckle and Vizio starts the music. Chaerin starts singing her part and the girls dance.

          “I’ll go get us some pizza after this,” Jeongmin whispers to Bae Kyon, sitting close to her.

          How did he get so close?! Bae Kyon thinks to herself. She just nods and continues watching her unnie and dongsaeng.

          The girls overdue their performance by acting as cute as possible. It’s no shock that they can sing extremely well. After their performance, everyone claps and Vizio does her usual cheering.

          “So cute~!” Bae Kyon giggles, giving an eyesmile to her group members.

          “Isn’t Sungmin and Eunkyo part of Co-Ed?” Vizio says randomly.

          “Neh,” Sungmin and Eunkyo answer together.

          Jeongmin gets up and walks to the kitchen to get him and Bae Kyon some pizza.

          “Here’s ‘Bbiribbom Bberibbom’ by Co-Ed School,” Vizio tells them, looking at the screen of the TV. “Why don’t you two sing that for us?”

          S.Me sits down and Chaerin holds her and S.Me mics, waiting for someone else to come up and take them.

          “Chaerin-ah and I will help you two sing it,” EunMi says, smiling.

          “Why do I always have to sing?” Chaerin asks. “I’m not the star here!”

          “Oh, come on, Rin,” Sungmin says standing up, “I bet you can’t anyways.”

          Why must everyone know my weakness of challenges? Aish! Chaerin thinks to herself. She pouts and says to him, “Fine. I’ll do it.”

          Jeongmin walks back in and sits by Bae Kyon, handing her some pizza. He looks at the four who are standing. “Doing another girl song, Sungmin?”

          Sungmin chuckles, “Nope. Just singing and dancing to my own song.”

          “This should be entertaining,” Youngmin says. S.Me looks at him and nods. He’s being too quiet. Why?

          “Chaerin can sing Chanmi’s part,”  Eunkyo says, grabbing a mic, “We’ll give her a small part.”

          “That’s not that small,” Chaerin says, still pouting.

          My music starts and Chaerin starts off her part. EunMi does the part of TaeWoon. The whole group dances some parts of the dance. After those two sing, Sungmin’s part comes up.

 

          After ‘Bbiribbom Bberibbom’, everyone grabs them some pizza and eats. Everyone chats amongst themselves and eats.

          “You need to eat more,” Jeongmin says to Bae Kyon. “You’re too skinny.”

          “I’m not that skinny,” Bae Kyon says, wiping with a napkin.

          “Yes you are. You weigh…what? Five pounds?” he teases.

          “No. I weigh like a hundred. That’s a lot,” she says.

          “No that isn’t. That’s skinny,” he responds, chuckling. “You need to eat more.”

          Bae Kyon just shakes her head. He chuckles again and shows his amazing smile. He looks over to Chaerin, who is talking to Yoo Sawng and Sungmin.

          “How about you and Chaerin come out to eat with me and Minwoo?” Jeongmin asks her, half whispering. “It doesn’t have to be a date. Minwoo wants to meet Chaerin anyways, since she rumored to be an amazing dancer.”

          Bae Kyon just stares at him. Go out to eat with him? No way. He is already sitting too close to her and got her pizza. No more of this nonsense and trying to be nice or whatever.

          “I don’t know. You’ll have to ask Chaerin-ah. If she wants to, I will,” Bae Kyon answers quietly, trying to be polite and not just run him off and/or bite his head off in the process. You can never trust men. Especially with this sudden proposal of going out to eat? What is that?

          “I will,” he smiles, looking over at the other girl. Bae Kyon just wipes again, looking around the room.

 

          Jeongmin and Youngmin ended up having to leave due to their manager calling them back to the dorm. Jeongmin got Bae Kyon’s number and even got Chaerin’s number to text her about the ‘date’.

          “Sungmin, aren’t you going to change out of Chaerin’s clothes? Or are you planning to wear them home?” Eunkyo asks, smirking at the younger boy.

          “I didn’t know I could,” he responds. “Rin, can you come with me in case I fall or something.”

          “Me? Again?” she points at herself, “Fine, fine.”

          He stands up and she follows him to her room, puffing her cheeks. She doesn’t have to help him every minute. Did he already forget about the awkwardness this evening? Bae Kyon’s confession? The pairing up? The couple name?! How can he seem so normal? Especially when Chaerin is still freaking out on the inside and nervous.

          “Bae Kyonnie,” Vizio says, “do you like Jeongmin-ssi?”

          “Where did ‘Jeongmin oppa’ go?” Yoo Sawng asks Vizio, chuckling.

          Vizio holds up a finger and types into her phone, looking up, “He made me call him that while he was here. He is gone now. Be happy I don’t call him something worse. He was being rude.”

          “Rude?” S.Me asks. “He’s never rude when I’m around Youngmin oppa.”

          “That’s you. He was seemingly rude tonight,” Vizio stands up for her opinion.

          “Jeongmin is just a pretty boy,” EunMi states. “Pretty boys are weird and can be very cocky and conceited.”

          “True,” Eunkyo agrees.

         

          “Will you just hold still?” Chaerin asks Sungmin. He is trying his best to get out of her dress. It was a bad idea putting him in one of her dresses. Luckily, it didn’t rip.

          “I can help it. It won’t – nevermind…” he starts to say until she pulls the dress off of him. She quickly turns away. After all, she has innocent eyes. She doesn’t want to see Sungmin in just his underwear. That’d add on to the awkward situation.

          Sungmin blushes and grabs his clothes, quickly putting them on. Chaerin stands there, facing the door and tapping her foot.

          “Tonight has been fun, hasn’t it?” he says, trying to start a conversation in the midst of the awkwardness. Indeed, Sungmin has been feeling the same as Chaerin, although he masks his feeling better than her.

          “Yeah. I don’t know why they have to make me the star of every performance, though. It is stupid,” she replies, shifting to her other foot as she stands there.

          “You are a great singer though. Don’t deny it!”

          “I’m not that great. I’m not like Vizio unnie or Bae Kyon unnie-“

          “But you are still talented. I’m glad I finally heard you sing.”

          “Yeah, well, it was bound to happen sooner or later.”

          “I’m dressed,” he says, turning to her. She turns around and nods. She walks over to her dirty clothes bin and puts the dress in there.

          Chaerin’s phone beeps a couple of times, signaling that she has a message.

          “Can you grab that?” she asks Sungmin, putting the tiara clip he was wearing back in Bae Kyon’s stuff.

         “Sure,” he tells her, grabbing her phone from the desk in the room. He looks at her. “Do you want me to read it? It is from an unknown number.”

          “Go ahead,” she says.

          He reads the text, eyes widening. Since it quiet, Chaerin turns around and looks at Sungmin.

          “What does it say?” she asks, curious. She walks over and looks at the phone in his hands, reading the message aloud. “Chaerinnie, do you want to go out with me this next Saturday? Love, Jeongmin.”

          Aigo..