You Exist In My Song (HoonSol)

Hansol & Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is not a continuation to SoonSolSoo miniseries, I'm afraid. I got a bit stuck when I tried to write down exactly what Jisoo felt about the whole thing. And this is what I worked on instead because of it.

The main idea is a from KDrama ‘The Package’ which my mom likes to watch and she never miss to watch it every weeks. I don't watch it because I barely have any time to watch any drama, and I know a bit about it from my mom. She only explained and I quoted “Just a small group of people with their own troubles meeting for the first time in France while going on vacation in a tour group.” very much explanatory… When I asked about ‘the package’ -the actual meaning behind the title- she said “don't ask too much if you don't watch it”................. I love my mom.

 

 

Song #9

我的歌声里 (You Exist In My Song) By Qu Wanting(曲婉婷)

 

Staring briefly at the bright sky outside the plane as he held onto the seat’s armchair, one young man sighed before leaning his head back against the headrest of the seat. Closing his eyes, he let out exasperated words of annoyance.

“Why am I here?” It was a rhetoric question for himself because he already knew the answer to it, but the passenger beside him didn't seem to know it because he responded.

“For vacation, aren't you?” Opening his eyes, the young man turned to the person beside him. And just like the first time he saw the other in Incheon airport before departure, Jihoon was astounded by the handsome face which looking at him with funny expression.

“Well, right.” Jihoon retorted back, he wanted his voice to sound stiff with sarcasm but his interest toward the other prompted different result on his expression. Grinning sideway to show the other that his sarcasm was joke based -even though he did feel like he was stranded in hell named vacation-, he changed the subjects.

“How was your sleep?” They had been several hours in the sky from Korea to their destination, and the younger chose sleeping to spend the time while he absentmindedly watched the cloud cozily drifted around them.

Raising his arms to stretch in that limited space, Hansol -Jihoon remembered the other’s name- tried to hold back his yawn before answering. “A bit uncomfortable, but nice.”

Keeping his grin on his face as Hansol grinned wide at him, Jihoon letting out another sigh, but this time it was of relief. Maybe, this little vacation was not that bad, he thought to himself.

 

Without any precaution, and without a trace of apprehension.

you appeared in my world as you did, bringing me a pleasant surprise, that I couldn’t resist .

 

A week ago,

A grumble was heard in secluded area of music studio filled by two men. One of them, the younger one, cradled his head between his hands. “This still doesn't sound right..” He heaved out his frustration in a sigh while his hands massaging his nape.

“I guess you need to take a breather.” The other man also sighed, smothering the lines of crease on his forehead. They had been holled up in the studio from morning until night for like 16 hours, and he hadn't yet included the couples of days before it. “You've been working without a break since last autumn and this is already the second winter. And no, you taking some days off doesn't count. You still work in your home anyway.”

Jihoon for a split second considered the suggestion, thinking that the other could be right, but the looming deadline made him shaking his head in refusal. “No. We need to finish these before the end of the month.”

“You always say it every month. And this is still the first week of the month, we still have at least two weeks before sending the song.” Groaning, the older man said, closing his eyes as he leaned back on the swiveling chair. “Go on vacation.”

“Hyung, there is no need to.” Jihoon wanted to refuse, knowing that after some rest in his home, he could work on the song again with fresh mind.

“No.” The other said firmly, he had opened his eyes and turned his chair to face Jihoon. “You need fresh air, and away from all of these. I'll send you to a vacation.”

Shaking his head, Jihoon was against the idea but he didn't have any say when the older said rather convincingly. “You will get new ideas from it.”

With that, Jihoon found himself in his house packing some clothes into suitcase after receiving a message about his vacation itinerary. It was not like he hated to go on vacation, who would refuse it when the higher ups paid for it? But to waste money on luxurious vacation just for the song producer could finish an album, Jihoon couldn't comprehend it. It might be useful, but for Jihoon it put more stress on his shoulders rather than refreshing his mind.

Knowing that he would eventually working on the album during the vacation, Jihoon went to the airport with heavy heart. He didn't really expect much from it, he would just go along with the tour schedule, stayed to himself and thinking about his music; he expected no one disturbing him. He expected that the tour would only be filled with old couples, chaebol who had too much free time, or something like that because it wasn't high season, but instead he got to meet handsome young man who skipped his university classes and looked like he was a tourist from foreign country but joining a Korean group tour to other  country.

One of his expectation had already fallen apart before the tour even started yet. This young man stuck to him.

Chwe Hansol, the young man introduced himself as they waited for other members of the group to arrive in the airport before checking in. Hansol said that he was on his third year of his university and was taking a leave from it because of some reasons which he didn't want to talk about. Not that Jihoon was interested about it, but it could be a good references for his future works, he better save some.

After waiting for a while, Jihoon found out that the group was filled only by young men, with variety of ages, professions and backgrounds information. It was a big surprise after he found out that their tour guide with kind professional smile was only a year older than him. Looking at the other twelve men, Jihoon wondered with raised brow; if he was a screenwriter, this situation could be used for a drama.

 

Still remember us once walking side by side together past that bustling alley.

Even though we were strangers, just passing by each other, we still felt each other.

 

Typing down some notes in his phone as he walked down the empty hall of the building where his studio was in, Jihoon tried to remember what he had been feeling more than two years ago during that vacation.

He was currently working on new project for the upcoming spring, and with his client requested a song for drama about falling in love with stranger, Jihoon couldn't help but think back about his last vacation.

The vacation didn't end like what Jihoon had expected. He expected that he would had finished arranging at lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter