FFW (SeungcheolxHansol)

Hansol & Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

check on I Love You to read the epilogue of SoonSolSoo Miniseries. 

This is a companion story to SeungSol’s (S)He’s a Baby. Taking place after the talk in Mingyu's apartment, in Hansol's POV.

 

 

Song #12

FFW - TWICE

 

Across this time

I will come to you straight away

F A S T F O R W A R D

I’m gonna go fast

So I might be dizzy

F A S T F O R W A R D

 

Seeing his friend had gathered on their usual table in cafeteria, Hansol plopped down on the empty space between Wonwoo and Jisoo.

“Done your classes today?” Wonwoo asked from his right, he had his chopsticks hanging from his hand above his bowl of rice.

Nodding, Hansol looked back at his hyung before draining almost half of the content of his water bottle. He was thirsty after the presentation in his last class. “What about you, hyung? You eat a lot today.”

“Just another class in socioeconomic.” The elder said through his bite of pork cutlet wrapped in layer of crispy bread crumb. “I need lot of energy to go against Professor Kim.”

Laughing, Hansol patted the hyung’s shoulder. “Don't make him angry at you again.”

Wonwoo raised his shoulders nonchalantly. “I will do that if he doesn't annoy me, again.”

“You know what?” Another voice came from Hansol's other side. Jisoo came into view when the two turned to their left. “I'm glad that I don't have Professor Kim class at all.”

Making unimpressed expression, Wonwoo frowned at the elder’s claim. “Yeah yeah. Glad to be you.”

Chuckling at that, Jisoo turned to Hansol. “How are your classes so far?”

“It's good.” He said shortly with several nods. “I had done my presentation almost perfectly. And from Professor Lee’s expression, I think I will get good score.”

Nodding in satisfaction at his cousin’s hard work, Jisoo asked again. “Do you have any classes after this?”

“No. But I have to go to the library to get some materials. Why?”

Disappointment showed on the elder’s face. “Seokmin and Jeonghan want to hang out. I'll come along them, Seungkwan too, and I wonder if you want to go with us. But I guess, you can't.”

“What? Hansol won't go?” Seungkwan asked from the other end of the table, astonishing Hansol and Jisoo for his ability to hear their conversation despite he was also in another conversation with the other three which were Seokmin, Jeonghan and Chan.

“Yes. I really need to go to the library today.” Hansol said, his grin turned a bit sorry when he saw Seungkwan frowning.

“Fine. When will you be free? We haven't checked that shop we saw last time.”

Hansol thinking about his schedule again. “Maybe tomorrow?”

Beside him, Wonwoo raised his hand, his mouth was full that his words were muffled. “Tomorrow I'm free too. We can go together.”

Seungkwan looked at Wonwoo who interrupted them. “Why are you always free whenever Hansol is free? It's because of that the rumours of you two dating spread. You two are always together and your schedules match each other.”

Hansol laughed and Wonwoo shrugged his shoulders, swallowing his food. “It's fate. Hansol, should we date for real?”

The younger laughed even more nudging Wonwoo's side with his elbow. “That's impossible. You know that.”

“Yeah. I know.” The elder nodded several times before continuing his meal.

“What's impossible?” New voice  came from behind Hansol, making the boy turned and found Seungcheol and Mingyu standing behind them.

Hansol looked up at Seungcheol's face who glanced at him, his eyebrow raised asking the younger to let him in into the conversation of something he deemed impossible. The younger couldn't say anything as if he had lost all words and noticing that, Wonwoo answered for him.

“The two of us dating for real.” Came the reply and it made Mingyu look surprised.

“Why? I think you look good together. And you act already like a couple.” The tallest said stepping in closer as he placed his hand on both Hansol's and Wonwoo's shoulder. “Why don't you two give it a try?”

The weight on his shoulder snatched Hansol's gaze from Seungcheol, he turned to glance up at Mingyu who didn't bother to lean down making him had to tilt his head back. “Hyung. How could you say something like that? Wonwoo hyung and I are just friend.”

Mingyu, feeling attacked by Hansol's clarification, frowned. “I am just saying.”

“Both of you stop, right now.” Jisoo interrupted them, both Hansol and Mingyu turned to see Jisoo and the other four looked at them with mixed emotions. “You are gaining attention by raising your voice like that. Go take a seat and talk calmly.”

Mingyu, still frowning, moved and took a seat across Hansol. While Seungcheol who had been silent followed the tallest and then sat beside him across Wonwoo.

Mingyu started first, wanting to get his point across to Hansol and get it done. “I said what I said because I think Hansol and Wonwoo hyung are good for each other. Hansol manages to drag Wonwoo hyung from his hiding place..”

“I'm not hiding.” Wonwoo commented but Mingyu brushed it off, completely ignoring the elder.

“..and Wonwoo hyung seems to always know whenever Hansol needs help. And he even picks up Hansol when he studies late until midnight and takes him back to Jisoo hyung’s house.”

“I agree with you!” Seungkwan chirped in from his spot three seats away from Mingyu. “And whenever the three of us hang out, I will mention it again that Wonwoo hyung’s and Hansol's schedules actually really match each other, those two act like boyfriends! If I didn't see that, I wouldn't believe the rumours!”

“That’s because we really care for each other.” Wonwoo said, placing his chopsticks down. “It's not weird for friends to do that. People assuming that we're dating are just exaggerating their own fantasy.”

“Are you saying that we're just fantasizing?” That was Seungkwan, scowling at Wonwoo.

And Wonwoo looked at Seungkwan pointedly, then to Mingyu briefly before back at Seungkwan. “Exactly.”

“Hyung!” Two voices whined but Wonwoo not having it.

"Let me make it clear to all of you.” He said, raising his hand while looking at everyone sitting there, his gaze lingered long on Hansol, Seungkwan, Mingyu and then meaningfully, Seungcheol. “I and Hansol won't date each other. Not only that we're only friends. But because I know something that all of you don't know.” He clarified, patting Hansol's back softly.

“What do I not know?” Jisoo asked, his brows furrowed, couldn't believe in what he had just heard about him probably not knowing about his own cousin who lived with him. On the other end of the table, Seungkwan asked the same thing.

With everyone's attention turned to him, Hansol fidgeted on his seat. He spared a glance to Wonwoo who raised his brow, expecting him to say something, to confess something. But he couldn't do that. Not in front of these people.

Shaking his head, Hansol stood from his seat. “I have to go.” Taking his seat, he left the group, not bothering to look back when they called his name.

He faintly heard though, Wonwoo hyung telling the other to not chase after him. “Give him space.”

 

Don’t think I’m not gonna know about love

I have a good idea I’m running

Turn forward the seconds hand

I know how to go to the future

 

“Hyung. Why did you say something like that?” Hansol complained soon after Wonwoo caught up to him in the library. He had sent a text message to the elder after leaving the cafeteria, asking him to meet him after his class. And gladly Wonwoo did that without question.

“Because you have been postponing it for long time.” He stated before asking. “Aren't you going to confess to Seungcheol hyung?”

“I will.” The younger hissed defensively, yet still mindful enough to lower his voice so he wouldn't disturb the other occupants of the big library. “But not right now.”

“Then, when?” Wonwoo insisted, looking straight at Hansol who could only uttered. “I don't know.” Hearing that, Wonwoo sighed and leaned back on his seat.

Dropping his pencil on his notebook, Hansol did the same. His shoulders sagged weakly, giving up under the pressure of his thought as they dumped his weight on the chair’s back. Having a crush on his cousin's friend was not in Hansol's expectation of what his university life in Korea would be.

 

I know it’s crazy

I worry and worry

I still like you, what do I do

I think I’m totally into you

 

Hansol personally wouldn’t call it a crush. But was there any better word to describe his feeling toward Seungcheol? If there was any, Hansol hadn’t found it yet.

It started soon after his university life in South Korea started. He had just moved from New York to Seoul, alone with his uncle, aunt and cousins picking him up at Incheon. He spent the first weeks, doing his best to fight the jet lag and getting used to the culture and also the language. Then before he realized it, the study had started and he started attending classes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter