Rocket (JiSol)

Hansol & Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary : Why hold onto the handle? Just let it roll out. JiSol/VerShua Chaebol AU

Notes : I was about to update with JeongSol, but this song pulled me away from JeongSol and....................

I guess it's about time to use Seventeen’s songs and for starter I choose this one. UwU
I was planning to make a story about space at first, like real space, Hansol and Jisoo are astronauts.. But thinking it again, I will save it for later, like maybe a millennia later. Okay, I'll see myself out of here. Enjoy reading! ^^

 

Song #13

Rocket - SEVENTEEN (Joshua & Vernon)

 

Standing in the middle of the party hall with dark maroon velvet suit gleamed in the most classy way with his every moves, Hansol brings his tall glass to his mouth to sip the translucent drink. Giving a playful smirk from behind the pristine glass to the onlookers near him, the young man sweeps his glance across the hall, jumping from one face to another who looks awed by his presence.

“Good day to you, Hansol-ssi.” A young lady, yet still older than him, approaches him with white bright smile, raising her hand which holds a champagne glass as a greeting to him.

“Good day to you too.” He replies with polite smile, also raising his glass, completely hiding his reluctant answer as he doesn't bother to find the name of the young lady from the long list of names he has remembered throughout the years he attended this kind of party.

“It’s been a long time since the last time we meet. Was it in company dinner?”

“Yes.” Probably . Why would he remember about it?

“How is everything going? Is the university fun?” The lady, clad in short red-black dress asked, keeping their distance obviously close no matter how many times Hansol slips back away from her.

Showing a cracked playful smile, Hansol takes another sip. He glances knowingly to their surrounding, stealing another sip while nonchalantly giving a light shrug. He hasn't got the chance to properly reply when murmurs start spreading fast like wildfire inside the grand hall.

“That's the heirs.”

“They are coming together again.”

“They are as perfect as usual.”

Emerging from behind the main entrance door, are three oldest sons of Choi Family. All dressed in similar striking warm shade of charcoal gray suit with conspicuous white shirt peeking from beneath it. Even from afar, Hansol can notice their immaculate appearances and it supplies calamity to his sense that it starts to overwhelm him.

No one stays in their spot to see the father of the three young men approaches his sons who have just stepped into the party hall. No one, but Hansol with his champagne. He tries to consume more air, filling his lungs full with breath and exhaling them until what resides inside him is the residue of anxiety. His eyes glued to the scene upfront until a tiny almost unheard tinkling sound created by the meeting of his ring and his champagne glass rouse him up from his trance. He blinks, focusing his eyes onto his glass before going back to the four figures. With his eyes not letting go of the centre of attention still standing not far from the entrance, calmly he downs the sparkling beverage in one go, his gaze lingers long on them before turning away, ignoring them all. But not fast enough.

“Hansol-ssi? Where are you going? Aren’t you going to meet them?” The young lady who had talked to him a while ago surprisingly still stays close to him, even though the arrival of the three men has given a good distance of personal space to him, she is still there with him. He is almost touched, but is it really like the way it is? Maybe she is just trying to be polite , he sighs inaudibly.

‘Since the favorable heirs have arrived, it's time for the youngest to go away.’ The student wants to comment, but he knows better than to say that kind of thing out loud. Instead, he opts to explain politely with his worn out excuse. “It’s getting late and I have class tomorrow morning.”

The young lady claims softly with what seems to be kind and disappointed smile. “Ah. Is that so? Well, I shouldn't hold you back here. It's nice to see you again here. See you later.”

“See you later.” The young man replies remotely with his shining polite smile he has practiced into perfection since long ago. Bowing a little to the older guest, he leaves the hall, placing his empty glass on the waiter’s tray gracefully without a pause as he escapes the venue.

‘Aren't you going to meet them?’

The lady's question rings in his head so loud that it starts to make him shaky when he walks out of the hall through the route which is only meant for waiters and waitresses. When the staffs spot him walking there, they all smooth out a way for him to stride right toward his desired exit. No one questions him. No one even glances twice at him. It is a usual scheme for him to leave the party before it really starts, and this habit from his teenage days may won't change.

 

I see everybody’s aura fading 
They can’t be themselves without being anxious 
I was afraid to be judged 
So I hide amongst the regular 
My plate was the size of a coffee cup

 

Readily waiting for him in the basement of the Diamond Hotel is his family driver who opened the door to the back seat at the sight of him emerging from behind the elevator door. Giving a thankful nod to him, Hansol climbs in and takes off his suit jacket while the older man closes the passenger door before moving on to the driver seat.

“Should we go straight to young master’s apartment?” The driver asks with concern after seeing Hansol's polite happy expression has dropped completely as if they are a mere illusion created by the party’s atmosphere, and now when it leaves him, tiredness covers his whole being.

The young man doesn't answer immediately, his head resting back against the seat and his eyes hiding under the warmth of his palms. He waits, both of them, they wait for Hansol’s mind to roll and give some sort of reaction or response to the question.

The faint continuous thuds inside his head finally calm down after a minute and his breathing gets more controlled with it. Dragging down his hands from his face, Hansol looks at the rear mirror to meet the driver's eyes as his hand blindly reaching for his thin black pouch he had left inside the car. “No. That place.” The driver nods, already comprehending what the young man means, murmuring a reply as he starts driving and takes them to the place Hansol wants to go.

Looking outside the dark tinted car window, Hansol watches how everything seemed to move in fast forward. They look blurry to his eyes and fleeting to his tired mind. He wants to take all the burden of this thought off his mind, but instead the question replays again.

‘Aren't you going to meet them?’

Them . His older brothers. He doesn't try to avoid them, he thinks but reasons to himself. It is just his relationship with them a bit -if not very- complicated to him.

Hansol being the fourth son, he has three reliable older brothers whose age has a wide gap to him. The youngest of the three being 8 years older than him, and the two other respectively 10 and 15 years older than him.

Hansol loves them actually, they have been loving brothers who never stop showering him with love and care the best brother can ever give. He loves them with all his life and he wants to be a good younger brother to them. But they spoil him by spoiling him, he was so used to have everything ready for him that he loses himself in it, and before he realised it, people had already talked about it.

He knows that he shouldn't let people's talks to get into his mind, his parents and brothers have continuously told him numerous times, saying that he can do what he wants to do and no one can judge him for it.

He believes it. He believes them. But that doesn't stop people to talk about him, to compare him with his older brothers. Hansol had tried to ignore it at first, following the advice his family gave to him, but as the time goes and he gets older, the talks get more difficult to handle, it explodes uncontrollable.

“At that age, the first son had already played a part in the business.”

“The second son, even had started planning for his own branch.”

“The skill of the third son had in negotiations was significantly amazing, he could gather lot of investors.”

“Their father can even retire early and easily.”

“But what has the fourth son done?”

“Never heard of him.”

They all talk about what he hasn't achieved at his age, and those put a great deal on Hansol's small shoulders that he forces himself to be a part of their family business. He always joins them in the parties, when he never did, an activity which he usually avoided because he wanted to play or hang out with his friends.

At first, he tried to enjoy mingling with people far older than him, staying close with his brothers while building -in his opinion, useless- relationship by talking about the most boring and complicated thing like stock markets, gossips and any other chit chat anyone could start.

But in the end, it all turned out faint for him, he couldn't bring himself to enjoy everything he did. He wants to back away but he has stepped too deep into it that whenever he tries to swim away, there is always an invisible force holding him to stay down in that realm.

Pressured from all sides, Hansol wants to hide himself from all those gazes. He wants to look small, he wants to be invisible. His brothers ask him worriedly, his parents try to coax him to tell them what is wrong, his friends can't understand him. No one can. He pulls away. He curls himself in. He hides himself beneath the mask of promising heir.

 

Drop drop drop it 
This is it 
I won’t try to act like I’m someone else 
Your yesterday, today and tomorrow is yours 
Don’t care anymore about other’s eyes on me

 

The first time he met him, Hansol was standing near the wall. His cream coloured suit and his quietness help him to blend with the wall of the grand hall, behind all those people in luxurious looks which could cost at least as expensive as apartment monthly rent fee.

Silently, he watched them moved around the hall while talking with anyone who seemed to share the same interest, money. Everyone in this party had the same interest, all they were talking about was only about money; how much they had, how they got that much and how they planned to get more; everyone but him. He had gotten bored of that talk, and glancing to where his brothers and father were, he wondered how they could bear it for so many years.

With his family being the center of attention, and all guests were most likely paying attention to them, Hansol didn't think that someone would talk to him, nevertheless noticed the plain him in the corner of that vibrant hall. That was why he was more than surprised when someone invited him into conversation.

“Is this your first time in this kind of party?” A young man, older than him but still younger than his youngest older brother, stood beside him. His black jacket suit was off from his body, hanging on his right shoulder as he did the same posture with Hansol, leaning their weight on the wall.

Looking at his face, Hansol knew immediately that he had never met the other before. “Not really. Is this your first time?” he asked while trying to connect his face to people he had ever met, he was probably a heir for a company.

The older boy smiled gently at him. “I have ever been to several big parties, but I have never came to Choi’s group party. So to answer your question, it's depend on what exactly you are asking.”

“Oh.. Okay.” Hansol responded unsurely, looking at him with puzzlement.

When Hansol didn’t say anything else, the other introduced himself with the same gentleness as his smile which made the young heir to wonder how he could have such a smile in this wicked world. “I'm Jisoo. Hong Jisoo. Nice to meet you.”

Knowing which group the other was from, the Hong Group who had been Choi’s long term partner, Hansol immediately leaned away from the wall and introduced himself politely. He had heard from his father about how valuable their relationship was with the Hong, and Hansol didn't want to be the one who ruin it. “I am Choi Hansol. It is really nice to..”

Jisoo raised his hand, there was a little amused quirk in his smile when he heard Hansol using formalities with him. “It's okay to be casual with me.”

A worried expression scarred Hansol's face. “But..” He couldn't do that or people might…

“It's alright.” Jisoo said placing his hand assuringly on Hansol's shoulder. “The youngest of Choi’s group. Shouldn't boy in your age act freely?” Ruffling the tidy styled hair into messy arrangement, Jisoo grinned at the boy who recently started his middle school life.

Looking down at his black shoes, Hansol pouted. He wanted to do that too. But, other people would say that he was being childish.

“It’s alright for a child to act childish.”

Jisoo’s words jerked Hansol from his thought, a bit embarrassed that he had unconsciously said it out loud to Jisoo. Looking at the elder, Hansol muttered. “I can't do that.”

“Why?” Jisoo asked, he took a step closer to Hansol.

“Because I shouldn't.”

 

The stars are looking straight down on us 
I can’t see the end of the universe

 

Hansol had always been the tiny boy hiding behind his brothers and father. When he first started attending the parties, his five years old self would clutch onto his father's pants while holding onto his oldest brother's hand. Peeking at the other adult standing before his father and flinched back away when they noticed his little presence behind the President.

He would then scooped up by his father, and as he wrapped his arms around his father's neck to hide his face, he would hear other people, mostly aunties, cooed at how adorable he was and then his father would tell them how precious his little boy was to him. Blushing at the compliment, he whined and peeked from his father’s shoulder, he would see his brothers’ face grinning up fondly at him and one of them would ruffle his hair. Hansol really enjoyed that time, that time when he didn’t have to be worried about anything beside being a good little boy so he could get to eat lot of sweets and play more games in his room, away from all those adult talk.

He thought that he could hide himself behind all of the glamourous thing, but, he failed to know that all those glamorous things were paper thin and practically a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter