The Final Battle

Hangover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first blood was drawn by the King and Ambrogio winced as the silver blade slashed the sleeve of his shirt and sliced into his skin. He retaliated with a spin and move that Minwoo narrowly dodged with a complicated step that looked like a dance move. From the medical tent, all eyes were drawn to the pair and one of the nurses had her hands clutched to her chest tightly.

“I wish I had taken more time to fight you the last time we faced each other”, Ambrogio said as he took a few steps back, “you move impressively.” Ambrogio darted forward and stabbed at the king. He didn’t move quick enough, distracted by the man’s words, and received a shallow stab to his left arm. He shook his arm and the blood flew through the air and onto the bloody ground. The wound healed quickly and he chuckled.

“Had that been the case, we might not be here now. I would have easily defeated you, because it’s unfair to attack a man in his sleep”, he sprinted forward and stabbed Ambrogio in the leg and danced away just as quickly. Ambrogio winced and stumbled a little and charged forward and his knives flashed in the moonlight. Minwoo dropped to one knee and watched as the man passed him. He struck out with his sword and slashed him behind the knees. The man dropped to his face in the dirt and Minwoo stood and went to him. In the medical tent, there was a gasp and Andy looked to see fright in Suyeon’s blue eyes.

“I could kill you where you lay”, he whispered darkly, “it would be fair right?”, he ran the blade down the middle of Ambrogio’s shirt and watched as the gray material gave way under its sharpness. Ambrogio rolled away quickly and stood slowly as his muscles knit themselves back together slowly.

Minwoo didn’t give him a chance to strike again; he brought the blade up and brought it down with a grunt. A loud cry filled the air as Ambrogio’s arm dropped to the ground, knife still clenched in his hand. Minwoo grunted again as he took the other arm and Ambrogio stood before him, his blood drained from the stumps where his arms had been.

“In my kingdom, we don’t take lightly to treason”, he snarled and circled the man, the tip of his sword traced the ground.

“What treason did I commit against you”, Ambrogio yelled angrily.

“You caused another to commit treason”, Minwoo yelled back, “you forced another to betray me.”

Lapis had climbed out of the car when she heard the word treason and went to stand just a few feet away from the bloody scene.

“So, you won’t punish her”, Ambrogio said and turned his head to look at the queen.

“She will pay for her crime”, Minwoo said quietly and kept his eyes focused on Ambrogio, “I will punish you first.” He swung his arm and the man dropped to the ground as his lower legs were severed.

“For the Kingdom!!!”, Minwoo shouted as he swung one final time; the blade made contact with Ambrogio’s neck and soon his head had joined the rest of his lost body parts on the ground. A shriek came from the medical tent and Minwoo looked in that direction quickly.

“Suyeon”, he whispered and dropped the sword and went to find her. He pulled the masks from the faces of all the nurses until he found the face he sought.

“You are not supposed to be here”, he said to her with barely disguised anger, “who brought you here?”

“I did, your Majesty”, Andy stepped away from a shocked Dongwan and went to kneel in front of the king.

“Why?”, Minwoo looked at the man at his feet, “why lee Sunho? She was supposed to stay at the castle…. stay safe.”

Suyeon reached out and put one hand on his arm and Minwoo look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter