Flowers in her Hair

Hangover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(it's time we found out more about our characters...human and vamp alike. this isn't as long as the last part lol Enjoy!!!

 

She looked at him as they walked. He looked like he had been about her age when he’d been turned. His hand was cold against her warmth and noticed that he was only a bit paler then she was.

“So you work in a tattoo shop?”, Daehyun said as he reached out and picked a white bell like flower.

“Yes, but not as an artist…… I just work the front desk and help with whatever errands the guys need”, she looked at the flower in his long pale fingers, “what do you do, Dae?”

He smiled at the use of his nickname and led her over to a bench along the path and helped her sit down.

“I’m a messenger for the king. I travel between the different kingdoms delivering news that is too sensitive to send using modern technology. When I first started, there wasn’t any of the stuff people use to communicate now”, he said with a soft laugh and turned the stem of the flower in his pale fingers.

“How long have you worked for King Minwoo?”, she felt silly, like she should curtsy when she said his name. His eyes lit up and he leaned closer.

“Since before Hangul was created. I still remember when I met King SeJong. I had to come pick up the official documents so that they could be distributed to the other provinces. I wasn’t a vampire yet though. Everyone in Minwoo’s court knew what he was but he was a good king so we served him anyway”, he leaned back and crossed him arms over his chest and gazed sadly at her.

“When were you turned DaeHyun?”, she said softly and reached for his hand. He let her take it and his body relaxed before he answered.

“I was coming back with the message and I was attacked by a band of thieves. I wasn’t killed but by the time I reached Minwoo, I was close to death. He took pity on me, because I had served him so well. He gave me a choice. I could become what he was and serve him or he could let me die an honorable death and I would go into the history of his kingdom. I was an orphan that he had saved from a burned village during a minor battle and I didn’t have any family; in fact he was like a father to me. So I took what he offered and I have served him ever since”, he said with respect. Amber just looked at him and had dropped.

“You’re”,she held up her hand and used her fingers to count, then gave up, “really, really, really old”, she said and giggled. He laughed with her and reached out and tucked the flower behind her ear.

“Andy was right, you are amusing. I think I would like to spend more time with you, if you would grant that to me. It isn’t often I meet someone I can talk to so easily. You kind of remind me of someone I used to know”, his brow furrowed for a moment, then he smiled at her.

“I think we should head back inside. You don’t want to miss too much of the party”, Daehyun stood and took her hand and she let herself be pulled up to him. He looked at her in the moonlight and his eyes went blue, and he leaned in to whisper in her ear.

“You smell exactly as he said, I wonder if you taste the same”, he closed his eyes and ran his nose along her neck and breathed in deeply.

Amber let out squeak and pulled away from him, her eyes so wide only her pupil showed. DaeHyun looked at her and grinned.

“I only meant a kiss, little one. I never bite on the first date”, he said laughingly then pulled her close again and said softly, “Would you let me kiss you?” She looked at him, not scared anymore and nodded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter