The Blood Knows

Hangover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In an apartment in the middle of Seoul a slight young man sat at a table. Before him was a rare steak and a wine glass filled with warmed blood. He took a drink and his lips. He sighed as he remembered he taste of the blood he’d had from the handsome man after that party the other night. He’d had to leave so suddenly, his sire had called to him. They had found a young woman turned vamp and scared. That woman now slept on his couch. He felt bad for leaving the handsome stranger but he knew where to find him, his blood had told his story. He finished his meal and went to shower. He had been turned so long it had become a part of his daily routine. He dressed in less dramatic clothes than he had worn the other night and put on a little foundation to hide how pale he was. He warmed a couple of bags of blood and wrapped them in a towel and put them beside the sleeping she-vamp and grabbed a coat. It was a little chilly out but he didn’t feel it. The coat was merely to blend in with the living. He headed out and went to the garage and climbed into his steel gray Mini Cooper. He had been a vampire long enough to acquire enough wealth to live comfortably without having to work. He pulled out and followed the memory of Dongwan’s blood to the tattoo parlor in Hongdae. He parked on the street and got out. Through the window of the store front he could see Dongwan and he made sure to give the impression of breathing as he walked in the door. He could smell the older man and his eyes widened. ! He had accidentally turned the man during their ual encounter. Was he even aware? He’d been in such a hurry to get back to his sire he hadn’t even realized it.

Dongwan and Ric were huddled over the owners workstation as Ric carefully re-ink the faded tattoo on Dongwan’s wrist. His nostrils flared as he caught the scent of something that was both spicy and sweet at the same time. He looked up and saw the man from the party. He looked less pale this time and had gone for something less dramatic than leather and the ripped mesh shirt he’d had on when they met. He watched him look around nervously at the art on the wall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter