Coronation

Hangover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(I decided to make this a seperate chapter at the very last minute. I realy really really hope you like this and the two parts before. Please throw some feedback my way....good, bad, I'd just like to hear what people think.)

 

When they arrived, a valet dressed in red and black helped them out and took the keys so he could park the car and led them to the elevator that would take them below the city.

As they walked in Andy slipped the mask off Amber and helped her sit on the velvet bench along one wall. She looked around in wonder.

“This is beautiful and so old”, she said as she her hand across the crushed velvet and turned to look in the mirror behind her. Her eyes widened in shock, “But I can see you!”

Andy slipped a hand into his pocket and leaned stylishly against the wall beside him, “Not everything you hear about us is true, little one”, he said with a low chuckle.

“Well, what is myth and what is true?”, Amber said with an interested expression. Dongwan paid attention; he still didn’t know much beyond what he had experienced and what little the others had told him. Andy ticked a list off on his fingers as he spoke.

“Sunlight, true. Silver, true. Mirrors, a myth. Um….”, he thought for a moment, “Oh crosses…a myth, unless they are silver. Stake to the heart, true”, Dongwan winced at that as he remembered the execution he had witnessed.

“What about food? Can you still eat?”, Amber asked with wide eyes.

“Yes…. but nothing will keep us alive but blood. We don’t need to use the bathroom”, he grinned, “saves time in the long run actually.”

“And Wannie said you guys heal super-fast too”, Amber commented with a glance at Dongwan’s long sleeves.

“That is true. Another fun fact…. we all acquire a unique scent. Well actually not acquire; it’s more that our senses are heightened and we can smell it more strongly”, Andy said with a sniff of the air, “for instance, you smell sweet and deadly at the same time, like poisoned cotton candy.” Her eyes widened and she lifted her wrist to her nose and sniffed but didn’t smell the scent he had described.

“Silly little goth girl”, Andy said with a pleasant chuckle, “you can’t smell it, only vamps. But it suits you.”

The elevator finally stopped and the doors slide open. They walked out into a hallway lit by torches along the dark walls. Andy slipped one arm through Dongwan’s; then the other through Ambers.

“And he’s right, by the way, you should stay close to one of us the whole night. I’ll introduce you to a few other’s that will be safe as well and if you can’t find us, look for them”, Andy said as they made their way down the hallway. Up ahead there was a bright light and soft music could be heard. As they enter a large ballroom, Amber and Dongwan’s eyes widened. The room was filled with tables and the kings throne sat on a dais at the back of the room, beside it was a matching black leather throne. The whole room was done in the king’s colors of black and blood red. Vampires dressed in their best finery mingled with each other as they sipped from long stemmed wine glasses. Andy maneuvered them over to where Jinnie stood and he turned to greet them with a smile. His black jacket had a bit of shine to it and sparkled when the light hit it.

“I see you brought the human you asked about”, he said with a smile and took Amber’s hand and brought it to his lips. She blushed bright red and looked down.

“I’m Park Choongjae but my friends call me Jinnie….and I hope you will too”, he said and grinned, “what is your name, little one?”

She looked up at him and bit her lip before she spoke, “Amber….and my friends just call me Amber. And Andy calls me little goth girl”, this made Andy chuckle.

“This is my sire, Amber. He is one of the vamps I want you to find if you can’t find us and something happens. He will keep you safe”, Jinnie grinned as Andy spoke.

“How do you know I won’t decide to have a little snack?”, he winked and smiled a devilish grin.

“Because then I would have to beat you up in front of everyone”, Andy quipped with a chuckle.

“I was just kidding…. geez Andy ah”, Jinnie said and excused himself to go talk to someone across the room. A waiter came by and offered them each a glass of blood wine but Andy stopped Amber.

“You won’t want to drink that, little one”, Andy said softly after the waiter moved to the next group of people.

“Why?”, she asked, almost afraid to hear the answer.

“It’s blood wine”, Andy said and watched as she went even paler than she normally was.

“Are you serious?”, asked him in a shocked whisper as Dongwan fought not to chuckle beside her.

“Dead serious”, Andy said and grinned at her. Her shoulders relaxed and she giggled softly.

“Of course it’s blood wine, you brought me to a vampire party. What’s the occasion? It looks really fancy in here”, she finally took a moment to look around, “wait you said something about the king’s orders…… will he be here?”, her eyes widened again and Dongwan smiled at her.

“I met him the other night; he’s not that scary. Just very powerful and very old”, Dongwan recalled the images he had seen when he took the kings offered blood, “Like very, very old, Amber.” She gasped.

“Is he here yet? I kind of want to meet him”, she said softly, “holy , I’m at the vampire kings party”, she grinned and her eyes sparkled excitedly, “wait until I tell the guys at the club. They are never going to believe this.”

“Actually, you can’t. This would normally be a closed party but I asked for special permission to bring you. The blindfold was to keep you from seeing where we went. You absolutely cannot tell anyone you were here, okay Amber?”, Andy’s face and tone were dead serious and Amber sobered for a minute then nodded.

“I promise I won’t tell anyone. If I do…. you can kill me or something”, she giggled and Andy smiled at her.

“Oh I can assure you that would the case”, Andy grinned and let his eyes shimmer blue for a second. She stared at him fascinated.

“Your eyes…. do all vampires do that?”, she asked and looked at Dongwan; who let his slip to blue for a second.

“Wow! I guess I thought vampires had red eyes, I guess I have a lot to learn, don’t I?”, she said and looked around the room.

“Is there any food and wine for me? I skipped dinner.”

“Sure, let’s all go over, I’m sure I’ll find more people to introduce to you on the way”, he glanced at his watch, “besides a ceremony is going to start soon. You won’t want to miss it”, he grinned as they all walked towards the tables of refreshments. It was easy to see the difference between the stuff for vamps and the stuff for the humans that were in attendance. There was a table that had the glasses of blood wine on it, one with name cards that phone numbers on them that Amber didn’t understand and the third had trays of hors d’oeuvres and glasses of sparkling white wine; which was easy to distinguish from the glasses of blood wine. She got a plate and filled it with tiny fruit tarts, some crackers with pate on them and a glass of wine. They then made their way to a table and sat down. As she ate, different vampires came over and introduced themselves and chatted with Andy and Dongwan. There was one in particular that Andy spoke to. He even took him aside and they talked quietly, all the while their glances flicked over to Amber. She was too busy with her food to notice and Dongwan kept up a steady stream of conversation. Finally, the chandeliers overhead dimmed and the room went silent.

“Tonight we are gathered here, in the court of King Lee Minwoo, with all of the city’s most prominent vampires to witness the coronation of the queen. She is the first queen the king has taken and this will raise her from the status of personal blood to the partner the king has chosen for life…… for the duration of his time on earth.” Jinnie’s voice rang out from his position at the front of the room. He had been chosen as the master of ceremonies on this important night.

“As witnesses, you will usher in the new beginning of her joint rule with the king and give them best wishes.” He stepped aside and a hushed whisper went through the crowd as the king approached and made his way down the center aisle of the ballroom.

He was dressed in red and black and the long vintage frock coat he wore was left open and his leather pants were tight and laced up the side. His shoes clicked on the stone floor. He kept his eyes straight ahead as he walked and in his hand was an ornate glass, it was pewter on the base and the glass itself was so clear the lights bounced off it like a prism. Around his neck was a red satin choker, the symbol of the blood that gave him his power. He went and stood at the front of the dais and waited silently and stared at the crowd seat before him.

A high soprano voice soared through the air, it rose and fell sharply as a bevy of red sokchima clad women walked slowly down the aisle. Just behind them walked the new queen. She was a pale beauty and the red dress she wore made her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter