Heading into Battle

Hangover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(I watched Yongguk's new video and I just had to give him a cameo in this story lol keep your eye out for him :)

As soon as the sun set the compound was a flurry of activity; Kim Jong Kook arrived with a large crew of vampires in tow. They had brought along their own blood and rooms were found for all of the guests. Amber had completed her second successful feeding and had started to adjust to her new life. Eternal Ink was closed until further notice; Minwoo wanted everyone to stay close to keep them safe. As soon as everyone was settled and had fed a meeting was called. The main hall had been arranged differently than usual; the long table was placed vertically at the front of the room and there were other long tables arranged in horizontal rows for the guests to sit at.

Minwoo sat in the dead center of the table with Jinnie on his left and the Captain on his left. The rest of his little family was spread out along the length of the table and the tables in front of him held all the men and women that the Captain had brought with him as well as the other vampires from Seoul that were going to be part of the mission. The servants had gotten everyone food and drink and they waited for the king to speak.

Minwoo took a sip of the blood wine in front of him as he looked at everyone.

“As you all know, the queen has been kidnapped. What many of you, the ones from outside Seoul, don’t know is that she is a traitor”, he said, his voice carried without the aid of a mic. The hall filled with the shocked chatter of the guests and Jinnie let them talk for a moment before he banged on the table with a small gavel. The sound made everyone so silent and they waited for Minwoo to continue.

“She was taken by the vampire that created me, his name is Ambrogio. He is also the one that turned my first queen, Suyeon, who has returned”, he slid a glance in her direction.

“So, what is the plan?”, one of the assembled vampires said loudly. He was dressed in a black shirt that was left open and his taut chest and abs were revealed. He was one of the vampires that had come with the Captain. The skin on his upper chest was a mass of old scars, he must have been one hell of a fighter before he was turned. Amber glanced at him and wondered how he would look with tattoos that covered the scars.

Jinnie looked Minwoo before he spoke, “We know where they are holding her and based on Minwoo’s experience with him, it will probably turn into a battle. They have come to our city and we want to fight them on our terms. So, if we can draw them out of where they have her, we need you to be ready to fight and defeat them.”

“And what will you do with the queen after?”, a tall female vampire asked. Her hair was shoulder length and the sides were shaved. She looked like she would fight as strongly as the men assembled.

A shadow crossed Minwoo’s face and his jaw clenched before he spoke.

“She is a traitor and used betrayal to gain her position but she is still the queen so she will be given a chance to explain herself and then I will decide what her punishment will be”, his voice had a sharp edge to it but the people on each side of him saw the sadness in his eyes.

“The king and I will go in first”, Jinnie said and snapped his long fingers. A group of servants ran into the room; each loaded down with weapons. They walked around and distributed them.

“There is a field where we will lead them and you will be waiting for them. Each of the crossbows are equipped with silver tipped bolts and as soon as we are safely out of the way you need to start firing. He has brought many men with him and recruited others for the city. We need to eliminate as many as possible in the first phase of the attack. Hand to hand combat is the next phase and will be led by the Captain here”, Jinnie said and gestured at the man on Minwoo’s other side.

“He’s right, anyone that has attacked before and taken out as many as Ambrogio did will not stop after one attack. I fully expect him to have a second wave of soldiers waiting. I have brought with me all the silver knives, daggers and swords that I could find”, the Captain said as a second group of servants ran in and made sure everyone had a blade of some kind.

“What about us?”, Dongwan and Andy both spoke at the same time.

“Dongwan, with your skills as a doctor we need you to take care of anyone that is injured. We will have a staff of other nurses and doctors that will work under you. Consider yourself our medical chief”, Minwoo said, “Andy will help you.” Then Minwoo looked at Amber and Suyeon as he thought for a moment.

“Amber and Suyeon, I know you are both eager to help in some way but your safety is very important. You will be here with Ric and his family and the rest of the red servants. Andy will keep you updated about what is going on and also send any that are unable to fight back here”, Minwoo said and watched Amber’s eyes flare bright blue.

“Just because I’m a girl”, she started angrily and stopped when Suyeon shook her head to silence her.

“That’s not it, Ambrosia”, Minwoo said softly and got up and to squat by her chair, “I can’t risk your life in this battle, it’s enough that they already got you and forced us to change you too soon”, he brought her hand to his cheek and closed his eyes for a moment.

“I’ve already lost my child once. I can’t bear to go through losing you so soon after finding you, the last descendant of myself and Suyeon”, his voice trembled and he opened his eyes to look at her.

“Okay, Minwoo”, she said softly, her eyes now a liquid blue, “I’ll stay here and hold down the fort.”

He stood and g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter