Catastrophe Strikes

Hangover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The guards that did the security check as sunset found the cooler and took it straight to the king, who had woken up at his desk.

“Your Majesty, we found this”, the head guard showed him the cooler, “it is addressed to you. We were going to check it but decided that you should be the one to open it.” He handed it to Minwoo, who set it on the desk and stood up and opened it. Minwoo saw the via of blood nestled into the ice and he looked at him.

“Was there a note with it?”, his tone was sharp and full of worry. The guard shook his head.

“No, sir, just the piece of paper with your name on it.” It had already been taken to see if there were any prints on it.

Minwoo picked it up and held it up to the light and watched the red liquid slosh sluggishly within the glass. He pulled the rubber stopper out and smelled it carefully. His eyes widened and his fangs slid out.

“Lapis”, he snarled softly and dipped his pinkie into in and coated the tip in the blood. He closed his eyes and his finger. The glass made a clattering noise as it hit the ground and shattered.

“It can’t be”. he whispered and dropped to his knees and coated his hand in the blood. He it, oblivious to the glass shards that were mixed in with it.

“Betrayal”, he whispered and dropped his head, “she betrayed me.” He couldn’t think straight in that moment and he was torn between killing her and killing himself. He never imagined that someone could betray another with love.

“Find her…… we must find her!!!”, the king shouted and stood quickly and stormed out of his office. His shout had made everyone open their doors and come out to see what was wrong. Su-yeon saw the look in his eyes and cowered in her door way. He went past her without a second glance and headed to his bedchamber. He started to throw things around the room; he pulled all of Lapis’s clothes out of the closet and threw them on the floor and started to search the shelves that held her shoes and other belongings.

“Can we help you find something?”, Andy’s soft voice made him cease his frantic search ad he turned to look at the slight frame of the vampire in the doorway.

“She….. she used something to mask her intentions”, Minwoo said quietly, “there is something in this room and I must find. Have everyone come help me look.” He turned back to his task as Andy, Dongwan, Daehyun, Amber, Jinnie and Hyesung entered the room quietly and began to search more carefully than the king did.

“What will he do when he finds her?”, Amber whispered to Jinnie as the two of them began to search through the queen’s dresser drawers.

“I don’t know but I think he will be torn in his decision”, Jinnie whispered back as Hyesung joined them and began to search through the queen’s underwear with hands that shook.

Daehyun looked around with a furrow in his brow before he spoke, “I will go look in the garden, the queen spent a lot of time there after Su-yeon came back”, he said quietly and left the room. On his way down the hall he heard the sound of someone crying and he saw the door to Su-yeon’s chamber cracked open slightly. He pushed gently and the door opened. He saw her sitting on the floor beside the baby bed and he went to sit beside her.

“If I had come back sooner”, she whispered as she turned to look at him; her face was streaked with red from her tears.

He put his hand on her shoulder gently, “You can’t help what happened while you were gone”, he said sadly.

Su-yeon’s eyes clouded and she closed them for a moment. Daehyun rubbed her shoulder gently.

“I….. I think….”, her eyes squinted as if in thought.

“Think what?”, he whispered softly.

“When he had me…… I think I remember her”, her eyes opened and she looked at him.

“There was a family that worked for Ambrogio, they had a little girl. She would come in to clean for me after I stopped going out. As she got older she stopped coming as often. Then one time she came back and after that I never saw her again.” Her eyes widened as she started to remember her clouded memories. “I never saw her again until Minwoo brought me here. Her name was SooKyo when I knew her but she is Lapis now.” Daehyun squeezed her shoulder hard as he realized what she meant. She winced and he let go with a whispered apology.

“Are you certain?”, he said intensely, “I mean, Minwoo couldn’t see anything from that time in your life. Minwoo should know about this”, he released her and stood to leave the room.

“Let me come with you”,she said softly and went to follow him back to Minwoo’s chamber.

When they entered the others stopped to look at them. Amber was the first to go to them.

“It’s probably better if you just sit down and watch”, Amber said softly as she took her and led her to the vanity to sit down. Su-yeon looked past her to Minwoo, who had dropped to the floor and searched through the pockets of the clothes on the floor and int the shoes scattered around him.

“He used something to mask her intentions”, Amber whispered and Su-yeon’s eyes shimmered and then hardened.

“It will be a little bottle, probably made of crystal. The one that he used on me looked like a perfume bottle”, she said and started to look at the bottles on top of the vanity. It was all just makeup; not what she needed to find. Minwoo looked up and saw her; his expression was tortured and he gripped the jeans in his hand tightly.

“What did you say?”, he whispered hoarsely and crawled over to her and looked up into her face and saw that she had been crying. He looked at Jinnie, “Go, bring a wet cloth to clean her face”, he whispered and Jinnie hurried to obey his order.

“She betrayed me”, he said hoarsely and wrapped his arms around her legs and buried his face in her dress and sobbed openly. Everyone froze what they did and watched with pity in their eyes. Su-yeon reached down hesitantly and began to his hair. He gripped tighter and had started to sob louder just as Jinnie reentered with a bowl of warm water and a linen napkin. He went over and set them on the vanity and went to stand beside Hyesung. Minwoo looked up, his own face now streaked with tears.

“Leave us”, he whispered harshly and they all filed out of the room and shut the door gently behind them.

They went to hang out in Daehyun’s room. Amber sat on the bed and wrapped her arms around herself and leaned against Hyesung who had sat beside her. He reached up to her hair and she closed her eyes. Daehyun sat at his desk and watched as Andy and Dongwan went to stand in a corner with Jinnie.

“I feel so bad for him”, Amber whispered, “he searched for her all these centuries and just as she shows up he finds out that the woman he opened his heart up to betrayed him.” Jinnie reached out and joined Hyesung in her hair.

“He couldn’t have known that she would show up”, Daehyun said softly and then relayed what Suyeon had told him in private. Everyone gasped loudly and Amber’s eyes flew open.

“She remembered something?”, she whispered as she looked at her boyfriend.

“It seems that way. Maybe she will remember more and maybe she won’t. Right now our main concern is to find what Lapis used”, he said and went to talk to the security team in the main hall. They had gathered to search through the CCTV footage to see if whoever had left the cooler had left any clues.

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

Suyeon sat motionless in the vanity chair, her eyes closed as Minwoo stood in front of her and used the linen napkin to carefully wipe the red streaks from her face. His touch was gentle and he hummed softly as he cleaned.

“I remember that song”, she said softly and opened her eyes to look at him, “I used to hear it in my head after he took me.” His eyes widened and the cloth dropped to the floor.

“You remember that?”, he whispered and took her hands in his, “what else do you remember?”, he spo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter