The Arrival

Hangover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(a/n I don't apologize for the cliffhanger lol but I do apologize that it took this long to get this chapter done. I wanted to pack a lot in and make it worth the wait.

As Suyeon listened to Minwoo’s phone ringing Ric tried to calmly get the people him and Dongwan had at their stations out the rear entrance as quickly as he could. Dongwan rushed over and checked her pulse, worry written heavily on his handsome features.

“It’s there but its weak”, he said to Daehyun who grasped her hand and held it tightly.

“Tall…….. dark hair……. leather and cigar smoke…….”, Amber said weakly as she felt her start to get cold. Suyeon watched her shiver and pulled her cardigan off and laid it over her to hopefully warm her up a little.

“Hello? Su-ah?”, Suyeon heard Minwoo answer his phone and she tried to stay calm as she replied.

“We need you to come to the shop…… it’s Amber…….. she was bitten”, she said as she looked at the pale girl on the desk.

“What!”, he shouted, “how…… how did this happen?”

“Just come……. it’s really bad…… she’s almost been drained”, Suyeon whispered and heard Minwoo gasp and curse on the other end of the line.

“Five minutes…… just give us five minutes. Keep her warm. Have someone seal the wound”, he said frantically and ended the call. She looked at Ric, “Do you have anything we can cover her with?” he nodded and ran to grab a stack of the white towels they used. Next she turned to Daehyun, who’s eyes hadn’t left Amber’s for a moment.

“Seal it….. Minwoo said to seal the wound. He will be here in five minutes”, she said sharply and watched as he bent and kissed the spot and let his tongue slide over the twin bite marks.

“Minwoo……. minwoo…….”, Amber mumbled softly and tried to close her eyes.

“No sweetheart….. you need to stay awake”, Daehyun choked out and squeezed her hand tighter. She opened her eyes and tried to focus on his face. Ric brought the towels over and started to cover her with them and she shivered no more. Andy had gone out to see if he could find any sign of whoever had bitten Amber but he didn’t see anything but her spilled blood by the mailbox. Whoever had bitten her hadn’t done so to feed, it was only to drain her and they had made a terrible mess of it. As he walked back into the shop, he heard the squeal of tires on the pavement and he looked behind him to see a black car park crookedly; it’s front tires were up on the curb. Minwoo flew out of the passenger door and almost knocked Andy over as he rushed through the door. Jinnie was hot on his heels and they left their car doors open. Andy closed them quickly then followed them inside. He locked the door behind him and pulled the shade down.

Minwoo stood beside Amber and Daehyun at the desk. He looked at her pale form and cursed.

“Dammit, Dae! I told you not to let anyone out of your sight”, he snapped and Daehyun flinched at his sharp tone.

“Ambrosia”, Minwoo said gently and she looked at him, “what happened little one?”, he said, his voice soft.

“The mail….. a man….. tall…. l…. leather and cigar smoke…… dark hair”, she whispered back and he could see that her eyes had started to dull.

“We will find him but first we need to take care of you, little one”, he said and took her hand from Daehyun’s and held it gently.

“…… you’ve lost too much blood, sweetie. We need to turn you. But it is your choice. I can turn you or let you go?”, his voice was broken as he looked at her.

“Dae……can Dae do it?”, Amber whispered and coughed harshly, “we talked…… this is what I want”, she said weakly. Minwoo looked at Daehyun, his eyes a stormy blue.

“This?”, he said, his voice less sharp than before, “are you certain Daehyun?” Daehyun nodded and rolled his sleeve up, ready to do what was needed.

“Then you need to hurry, she is slipping away”, Minwoo said and stepped aside to give Daehyun room.

“Close your eyes sweetie”, Daehyun said softly. He watched her eyes flutter shut and he brushed her hair away from her neck. The room was silent as everyone watched him lean over and bite her. She cried out a little in pain then went silent as Daehyun drank what little blood was left in her body away. She went totally limp and Daehyun froze as he felt a hand on his arm and looked up. Hyesung had gotten a sharp knife from the break room drawers and handed it to him. Daehyun took it and used the blade to slice open his wrist, the blood flowed heavily as he put his wrist to her lips and let the blood flow into . There was no movement for what seemed like an eternity. Dongwan and Andy watched nervously from a few feet away and Suyeon and Minwoo stood, his arm around her waist and her cheek pressed to his chest as they watch the blood exchange. Ric looked half fascinated and half terrified at the scene in front of him.

A loud gasp filled the room and Amber’s hands came up to grip Daehyun’s forearm and she drank in long draws, some of the blood ran down her cheek and Hyesung took one of the towels and moved it carefully to her neck to catch the spillover. Minwoo watched carefully in case he was needed but soon Amber’s hands released Dae’s forearm and she went limp again. They all watched her carefully but she made no movement.

“Was that supposed to happen?”, Ric whispered to Andy, who nodded but didn’t his eyes off her still form.

“You have to take care of her now, Daehyun”, Minwoo said softly, “as the one that made her she is your responsibility.” Daehyun nodded and took one of the towels and wrapped it around his arm then used another to clean her lips and cheek off. Suyeon watched silently, her cheek still pressed to Minwoo’s chest.

“Your Majesty, we should go look for whoever did this”, Jinnie said softly.

“This was a distraction…. they knew we were close to finding Lapis”, Minwoo said and looked at the pale silent for of Amber on the desk, “We need to get her home. Daehyun you take the car to get her home and have another car sent to get Jinnie and I, we need to keep looking”, Minwoo said with an air of authority and the others snapped to attention and started to carry Amber out to the car. They got her comfortable situated in the back seat and Dae drove quickly but safely back to the underground compound.

Minwoo looked at the others that were still in the shop and his gaze was intense.

“I hope that all of you realize that they have declared war by attacking my descendant. Until everything has been settled, no one will leave the castle and Ric’s family’s security will be doubled. If I could think of a way to have them with us, that is where they would be.”

“I should go tell my mother that I will be out of town or something”, Dongwan said and looked at Andy.

“Okay, so you go do that and then everyone needs to return

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter