Help

Keep the Faith

Leeteuk never let him out of his sight since that incident. He had moved to Kyuhyun's room, much to the confusion of the other members. But he had to keep an eye on the maknae, if anything of that was to happen again... And if no one was there to stop him... Oh God, he could not even bear to think about it.

The fact is, Kyuhyun was not getting better. He said little, ate little. He barely hang out with anyone anymore, he hides in his room everyday right after practice. No matter how the members drag or plead, he would not budge from his room. And Leeteuk understood. Even after weeks, the rumor has yet to die down. Reporters were still haunting them with related questions, and people were still furiously discussing about the issue on the forums. It makes Leeteuk's blood boils that they do not give a darn about Kyuhyun's feelings, continuously hurting him with their senseless questions and comments.

"Kyu." Leeteuk called out at the maknae, who was sitting in front of his laptop, clearly in a daze,

Kyuhyun looked up, "hyung," He managed a small smile.

Leeteuk placed a hand on Kyuhyun's shoulder, "Kyu, you can't go on like this. I am very worried about you."

"I am all right, hyung. There's no need to worry about me." Kyuhyun's attempt to reassure was unconvincing, given the hoarse voice and dark circles under his eyes.

"You are not." Leeteuk insisted, "I have talked to the manager about what happened with you and we..."

"Hyung, you promised." Kyuhyun widened his eyes, disappointed at the betrayal.

Leeteuk patted his shoulder, "No, not about that. But about you general condition. You haven't been sleeping, eating nor have you been talking much. This cannot go on, you will collapse."

"We have decided that you need to seek help."

"Seek help?" Kyuhyun asked, confused.

"Yes. We are bringing you to a psychologist." Leeteuk said carefully, worried about Kyuhyun's reaction to this.

"I... I don't need to." Kyuhyun muttered, his head hung low.

This is all too familiar to him. They are tired of him, they no longer know how to help him. They are frustrated and sick of his behaviors... So now they are dumping him to some stranger...

"Now, I know what you're thinking, " Leeteuk interrupted his thoughts, "We are not abandoning you. We just want to help, Kyu. We want you to get better. And you won't be alone. I will accompany you, I will be there with you through this."

And somehow, that made Kyuhyun feels better. As long as his hyung will stay with him, he will not be alone.

--

Leeteuk pulled the car to a stop, "Are you ready, Kyu?"

Kyuhyun nodded as he played with his fingers. Matter of fact, he felt like leaping out of the car and running away. His heart was thumping and he was dead nervous. Who is this psychologist that he is going to see? What is he going to do to him?

"It will be okay, Kyu, " Leeteuk reassured, placing his hand over the maknae's, "Let's go."

And they got out of the car, making sure that their disguises are put on properly. The last thing they needed was people finding out about this, making the matter worse. They have pulled strings with the clinic, and it has allowed them to enter through the back door and straight into the doctor's office.

The psychologist is a middle aged man in his early forties. He is tall, and pleasant looking, with a friendly smile.

"Take a seat." He gestured to the two chairs in front of his desk.

"Kyuhyun, am I right?" He looked at Kyuhyun, "You can call me Timothy."

Kyuhyun nodded slightly, still feeling nervous.

"There's no need to be nervous. We are just going to talk. I will ask you a few questions, and you answer me. If you are uncomfortable with any of them, we can just skip it, all right?" Timothy reassured, the smile still on his face.

Kyuhyun nodded. That sounded reasonable enough.

"How are you recently, Kyuhyun?"

"I... I am all right." Kyuhyun answered softly. Fact is, he was far from all right, but he did not want to spill all these to a stranger.

"You look tired though, you haven't been sleeping well?"

Kyuhyun shook his head, "I can't sleep. Even thought I feel very tired, but I can't seem to fall asleep. The doctor gave me sleeping pills... They worked at first, but not anymore."

Timothy nodded, taking down some notes, "Are you eating your meals regularly?"

"I don't feel like eating most of the time." Kyuhyun fidgeted abit, glancing up at Leeteuk.

Leeteuk smiled reassuringly at him, encouraging him to go on.

"Do you have trouble keeping up with your work?"

Kyuhyun nodded, "I... I can't seem to focus. I try... But I just keep drifting away. It's frustrating."

Timothy smiled gently at him, "I assumed some negative stuff have happened lately?"

"Yes, he is facing some problems recently." Leeteuk answered for him, seeing the silence.

"How long has this been going on?"

"About half a year." Kyuhyun muttered. Half a year since his grandfather passed away, time flies.

"Are you always down? Overwhelmed by negative thoughts?"

Kyuhyun nodded, "I... I didn't use to be like this. I have always been quite positive... I don't what happened to me."

"You're showing signs of depression, Kyuhyun." Timothy said carefully, looking at him straight in the eyes, "I supposed whatever that has happened have affected you more than you can manage."

Depression? He is depressed?

"Insomia... Lack of appetite... Problems with concentration and negative thoughts. All these are signs of depression."

"What do we need to do now?" Leeteuk asked calmly.

"I will prescribe him some medicine to help with his mood and sleep. Other than that, try to keep the atmosphere relax and happy. Pressure will only make his situation worse. Come by again, and we will go further into his condition."

Leeteuk nodded and stood up,pulling Kyuhyun up with him. They thanked the psychologist and headed out of the office.Leeteuk placed his arm around the maknae firmly, leading the way. Kyuhyun stuck closely to his hyung, finding comfort in the embrace. Somehow, he felt better. He felt better because at least he knows what is wrong with himself. He felt better because there is hope, and he can get better.

He felt better because when asking the psychologist, Leeteuk had used the word "We" and now "He", which means that he is not alone. His hyung is with him. He is loved and cared for, he is now left behind.

--

Sorry for the really slow update! I hope the chapter is up to your liking! <3