Hit

Keep the Faith

Recap:

"Morning Kyuhyun! Had a good sleep last night?" Leeteuk greeted cheerfully.

But the smile on his face soon faded as he noticed the expression on the maknae's face.

"What happened, Kyu?" He asked, concern written all over his face.

Seeing no response, he walked over and looked over the shoulders of the maknae.

"Oh my god." He gasped, staring at the news in shock.

 

Kyuhyun looked up at his hyung, "Why hyung... Why?"

Leeteuk stood, frozen. His mind frantically searching for something to say, but found none.

Kyuhyun moved his glance back to the newspaper. Super Junior Kyuhyun Abandoned Father Upon Finding Fame. He read the words again and again, hoping that it was all an illusion. But the small photo of his dad at the corner of the article told him that it was not.

"How could he do this to me?" Kyuhyun muttered as he scanned the article.

His father had apparently told the press that he had been abandoned by his son, alone and penniless, despite having done his part raising him up in a single parent family. Kyuhyun was described as "cruel", "unfilial" and "ungrateful".

Leeteuk placed an arm on Kyuhyun's shoulder, and was about to say something when the doorbell rang. He went and opened the door, revealing their manager and the worried looking Eunhyuk and Siwon.

"Have you seen the..." The manager stopped halfway as he saw Kyuhyun sitting on the bed, the newspaper in his hand, "You have seen it."

Leeteuk nodded his head.

Kyuhyun looked up at the manager, "Manager hyung..."

The manager walked over and placed his arm over Kyuhyun's shoulder, "I know, Kyuhyun. We all know this is untrue."

Eunhyuk and Siwon nodded in agreement. They know their maknae, he might be playful sometimes, but he will never do something like this.

"But the public doesn't know." The manager continued, a serious look on his face, "From what I heard from the company, there is a huge uproar over this."

"What... What's going to happen?" Kyuhyun asked.

"The performance has been cancelled. Instead, we will be holding a press conference to explain this situation." The manager said, an apologetic look on his face, "It will be hard on you Kyuhyun. But we have to do it, there are already a line of reporters crowding outside the hotel, demanding explanations for this. We have to do it."

Kyuhyun nodded his head, agreeing to it even though fear was filling his heart. The last thing he wanted was to a drag the other members into this, he has to explain the matter as soon as possible.

But will they believe him?

"Don't worry Kyu, we will be here for you." Leeteuk assured.

Eunhyuk nodded his head, "Hyung will protect you!"

Kyuhyun looked up at smiled weakly at his hyungs. He was grateful for them, and touched that they trusted him completely. But he was consumed with fear on the inside. He did not know if he has what it takes to face the situation.

The manager stood up from the bed, "Go get ready. We will meet 2 hours later to head for the press conference."

"Don't worry Kyuhyun, the company has sent in a script for you. Just speak accordingly. You didn't do it, so there's nothing for you to be afraid of."

 

Kyuhyun sat in the van, rubbing his hands against each other. Damn, why was he so nervous and afraid? He felt like running away, out of the van. He did not feel like going for the press conference at all. It had been long since he had felt such fear... It was as if the fear of his childhood have came back to haunt him. He felt like he was now a kid, sitting at the corner of the room, dead afraid of his father coming in and finding him.

"Relax Kyuhyun." A warm voice said.

Kyuhyun turned to face Leeteuk, who was sitting beside him. Leeteuk reached out and held Kyuhyun's hands, hoping to warm those cold hands with his.

"We are here for you, Kyu." Leeteuk reassured, "You are not in this alone."

"I... I am sorry hyung, for dragging all of you into this." Kyuhyun muttered, feeling too ashamed to face his hyung.

Leeteuk frowned, "Don't ever say that again, Kyu. We are brothers, and we should and we will be there for each other, no matter who it is that is in trouble."

Kyuhyun was about to say something when the van pulled to a stop.

"We are here." The manager announced, looking at Kyuhyun, "Are you ready, Kyuhyun?"

Kyuhyun found himself nodding his head, even though ready was the last thing he was.

Leeteuk held on to his hand, pulling him up for his seat, "We are here for you, Kyu."

Heechul stepped forward, holding on to his other hand, "We will do this together."

The rest of them nodded reassuringly at their little brother.

And then the van door opened.

A large crowd fans were standing outside. Lights from the cameras were flashing non stop. Sungmin and Siwon stepped out, taking the lead, while Leeteuk and Heechul led Kyuhyun out, with the rest following behind.

"We believe in you Kyuhyun!"

"We will love you!"

"Fighting Kyuhyun!"

Shouts of supporting were shooting out from everywhere. They were holding up banners with words of encouragement as they cheered as loudly as they could. Kyuhyun looked up and smiled gratefully at them. He was glad he has fans who believe in him and love him.  

With much efforts, they pushed through the crowd to get into the press conference room. This time, faced with lines of reporters, all ready with their list of questions.

As Super Junior took their seats on the stage, the manager took the microphone to greet the reporters, "Thank you for taking the time to attend this press conference. We know that all of you are extremely concern about the news that came up today and we appreciate the opportunity to explain and clarify the matter. We will have Kyuhyun to say a few words to all of you."

All eyes turned to Kyuhyun.

He took a deep breathe as he adjusted the microphone in front of him, his hands shaking noticeably.

"Fi... First I would like to thank everyone for the concern. But I would like to clarify that this is all a misunderstanding, and I..."

"We are not here for the politically correct answer." A reporter from behind shouted out.

Kyuhyun looked up, shocked.

"We are here for the truth. So why did you do that? Has fame gotten to you?" The reporter asked.

The others stared at Kyuhyun, waiting for an answer.

Kyuhyun paused, unsure of what to say. He looked over at his manager, who nodded his head encouragingly, signalling for him to continue with his words.

"What is reported is not the truth." Kyuhyun said, "As I was saying, this is all a misunderstanding."

"So what is the truth?" Another reporter asked.

"There are deeper and more complicated family issues involved in this. Issues which I am not very comfortable with sharing." Kyuhyun answered.

"Are you saying that your father was lying?" The same reporter questioned.

Kyuhyun could see that all of them were focused on writing down every single word he said, hoping to catch a loophole, or a wrong word that they can make into another big news.

"I am saying that what he said is only one side of the story. And it is not the entire truth." Kyuhyun said, "I lived with my grandfather since young, as all of you know. I am not close with my father, and we do not communicate often. This might have resulted in some sort of misunderstanding between us. I thank you all for your concern, but I would like to reassure you and all who care about me that nothing of this sort has happened. I hope you will believe in me and continue to give Super Junior your support."

With that Kyuhyun stood up, bowed to the crowd and quickly left the place before he broke down in tears.

--

=)) Didn't want to leave u guys hanging there so I rushed out the chapter as soon as I could =D Hope you like it!