You're On!

Do You Believe in Destiny?

Note from the author: To save confusion, everything said in ENGLISH will be in BOLD font.

Baby, I love you.  I say this but I don’t feel good at all.  I want you, I need you.  I sing but I don’t know why I feel bad.  Who you?

“Urg, what time is it?”, you mumble as G-Dragon’s voice disturbs you from your peaceful sleep.  

With half open, blurry eyes, you locate your phone and look at the name on the screen.  It’s Kai.

“Yoboseyo?”, you grouchily answer as your sit up in bed and begin combing your hair to one side using your free hand.

“Hey, Jae”, a very awake and alert voice responds, “I’m outside”.

You look at your speakers and see that it’s only seven thirty in the morning: “Huh?”

“Hurry up and let me in, it’s cold!”

“Well, that’s your fault for being up so early”, you retort sarcastically as you body begins to function properly, “Why are you here?”

Kai sighs and kicks the door lightly from outside: “Just let me in”.

“Araso”, you breathe as you walk over to the mirror to make sure that your face is presentable, “Just give me a second”.

After hanging up the phone, you quickly put on a bra and brush your teeth.  *It’s okay, Jae*, you reassure yourself as you quickly plait your hair to the side, letting the shorter layers tumble onto your shoulders and around your face, *He’s seen you covered in cake, mud, grass and cream… Compared to that, this is like the Oscars*

Patting your cheeks lightly, you make your way to the front door.

“Why are you here?”, you ask as Kai easily slips off his red high tops.  Giving him a quick once over, you note that he’s wearing grey sweatpants, a black t-shirt with gold skulls on it and a red snapback.

He straightens up and holds out two iced coffees and a brown paper bag, “Breakfast delivery”.

You look at him with a raised eyebrow as he makes his way towards your table and plonks himself on the floor: “You don’t have a problem making yourself at home, do you?”

“Nope”, he smiles as he casually takes in the interior of your apartment, “Besides, you were the same at mine”.

“True”, you giggle as you swiftly make your bed before joining him on the floor, “So, what we having?”

“Undefeated”, Kai mumbles as he pulls four almond crescents and a tub of watermelon chunks from the mysterious bag.

“Hm?”, you query as you follow his gaze down to the logo on your oversized t-shirt, “Oh! Yeah, I love this brand”.

“So does Chanyeol”, Kai affirms as he places your iced coffee in front of you, “Where are your forks?”

“I’ll get them”.

Jumping to your feet, you make your way over to the cutlery drawer.  Looking down at your t-shirt, you suddenly feel slightly embarrassed by your outfit.  *Why did I not get changed?*, you question as you rummage through the drawer, *An oversized t-shirt and shorts?  What was I thinking?*  After hitting your head lightly on the side of the fridge in defeat, you close the drawer and reposition yourself across from Kai. 

“So why are you here so early?”, you ask yet again as you hand Kai a small fork.

“I had to make sure you were well fed”, he asserts as he takes a bite of an almond crescent, “You can’t dance on an empty, caffeine-less stomach”.

Using your fork, you stab a large piece of watermelon and pop it in your mouth. 

“Delicious!”, you remark as you reach for your iced coffee and take a sip, “Thank you, Kai”.

“Any time.  Feeling more energised now?”

“Yup”, you beam as your finish off your first almond crescent and pick up the second, “So what’s the plan of action?”

After shoving two pieces of watermelon in his mouth, Kai downs the rest of his iced coffee: “We’re meeting Taemin at nine at the SM building”.

Looking at your phone, you see that it’s past eight already. 

“I better get ready then”, you affirm as you take the final bite of your crescent and wash it down with a sip of coffee.

Walking over to your wardrobe, you yank the doors open and attempt to locate a suitable outfit.  You pick up your maroon Super Dry tracksuit bottoms, but then replace them just as quickly.  *Shoot!*, you inwardly sigh, *I wore those last time!  Hm… What else can I wear?*

As you continue rummaging through your wardrobe, you begin throwing chosen items of clothing messily onto your bed.

“Chosen yet?”, Kai teases from where he has been observing you.

“Yup”, you assert as you close the doors and place your hands on your hips in victory.  Scooping up the pile of clothes into your arms, you head towards the bathroom: “Just wait here a minute”.

“Can I get some water?”, he asks as you lock yourself in the bathroom.

“Help yourself”, you yell through the door, “There should be a glass on the drying rack”.

You dump the pile of clothes in your arms on the floor and quickly take off your shorts and t-shirt, glad that you decided to shower last night.  The June weather is extremely humid, and so you have chosen the best outfit to prevent you from becoming an overheated mess whilst dancing.  After pulling on a pair of bleached denim shorts, a black crop top and a white Genesis t-shirt that you have slit down the sides, you take your hair out from its messy plait and let it flow freely over your shoulders, remembering to keep the hairband on your wrist for later.

“Are you the only one who has today off?”, you ask as you unlock the bathroom door and plod towards your electric blue satchel that you had discarded on a beanbag last night.

Kai subtly takes in your new appearance with a smile before responding: “Nope, the rest of K are off today too”.

*Good*, you let out a small relieved breath, *That means Kris didn’t get in touch with me because he still has a schedule*.  Opening your satchel, you pull out your make up bag and place it on the desk beside a small mirror before slouching onto the chair.

“So what are the others up to?”, you query as you apply a thin layer of BB Cream to your face with a beauty blender, “Anything exciting?”

Kai slumps onto the end of the bed and watches you intently whilst hugging your Rilakkuma plush: “Nah, they’ll probably just sleep, eat, then sleep some more”.

“That sounds riveting”, you giggle as you buff some finishing powder into your skin, “So what are M doing?”

“Xiumin and Chen are being taught Chinese”, he asserts whilst cutely making your plush dance to a silent song, “The other four are having Korean lessons”.

“Really?”, you gasp as you sweep on the final coat of mascara, “But their Korean is so good”.

“It is, but our chairman feels that they should continue having lessons for a little while longer”.

“Fair enough”, you mumble as you finish applying Dinoplatz’s lip balm in ‘Spilled Wine’ to your lips, “Nearly done”.

Standing up, you throw the lip balm into your satchel and lightly spray some perfume on your wrist, before retrieving your phone and pushing it into the back pocket of your shorts.

“Ready?”

“Yup”, you reply as you swing your bag over your shoulder and pull on a pair of grey, white and black high tops, “Ready”.

Kai pulls on his shoes, repositions his cap and puts on a pair of sunglasses before opening the front door: “Alright, let’s go!”

As the two of you walk down street after street, you can’t help but feel comforted and uplifted by the gorgeous summer weather.  

“It was never this hot in Surrey”, you inform as you gleefully swing your arms by your side, “As soon as England is graced with a warm, sunny day, everyone drops wha…Ooo! Shaved ice!”

“Huh?”, Kai enquires as you find yourself being drawn to the store in question like a magnet.

“Do you want some?”, you excitedly ask as you pull out your purse.

“You’re still hungry?”

“Nope, but there’s nothing better than shaved ice on a day like today”.

“You have a point”, Kai chuckles as he arrives beside you, “I’ll have red bean”.

“Sure thing”, you beam before turning to the male employee, “One red bean and one matcha, please”.

As the employee prepares your shaved ice, you notice that he keeps glaring at Kai.  *Offt.  What’s up with that?*, you ponder as you begin counting out the correct change, *Does he recognise Kai?  Perhaps he’s not an EXO fan…*

“I’ll get these”, Kai affirms as he pulls his wallet from his pocket with a mischievous smirk, “Consider it an apology for waking you up so early this morning”.

You look at him confused: “But you bought me breakfast”.

“And now I’m buying you shaved ice”, he angelically smiles, “Come on, my treat.”.

*What is he up to?*, you ponder as you notice him glancing at the employee, *Is there something I'm missing?*  

Letting out a defeated sigh, you pour the coins back into your purse and replace it in your satchel: “Fine, but I’ll buy us lunch later”.

“Deal”, Kai asserts as he casually slouches his right arm over your shoulders whilst staring at the employee, “But only if it’s chicken”.

Without thinking too much about it, you lightly push his arm off you: “It’s too hot for that right now”.

“For what?  Chicken?”

“No, for you”.  

Looking up, you observe that the employee is glancing at you this time, with a somewhat disappointed and pained expression on his face.  *Seriously, what am I missing?*, you question, *The employee obviously doesn't like Kai, but why am I involved in this too?*

“Well then”, he grins as he moves closer to you and lowers his voice, “It won’t be too hot later”.

Before you have a chance to react to Kai’s strange behaviour, the employee abruptly hands over the shaved ice: “That will be 7,000 won”.

Kai passes his shaved ice to you, takes 10,000 won from his wallet and holds it towards the employee.

“Keep the change”, he smirks as he grabs two spoons and starts leading you away from the store, “Let’s go, baby”.

You look at Kai completely dumbfounded, but he subtly places his index finger over his lips.  He retrieves his shaved ice from your hand and passes you a spoon before happily digging in.  Once you are at the end of the street and far away from the store, he bursts into laughter.

"What was that all about?", you ask, slightly angered by his actions.

“Ah, that made my day”, he chortles as he enjoys another spoonful of ice, “That employee was so jealous of me”.

“Yeah, I got that, but why was I involved?"

“Oh, come on”, he nudges you gently in the side with his spoon, "How could you not notice?”.

"Notice what?"

"He wasn't jealous of me because I'm Kai from EXO-K”, he affirms whilst enjoying yet another scoop of ice, "He was jealous of me because he thought you were my girlfriend".

“Seriously?"

“Seriously”, Kai beams as he helps himself to a spoonful of your shaved ice and shoves it in his mouth, “You need to give yourself more credit, Jae”.

“Oi”, you jokingly whine before commandeering a large scoop of his ice and choosing to just let the situation go, “Now we’re even”.

Fifteen minutes, a full stomach and too much laughter later, you turn the last corner towards SM Entertainment’s building.

“Okay”, Kai affirms as he slows his pace and removes his sunglasses and snapback, “Are you ready?”

“Ready for what?”, you query as he places the cap on top of your head, pulling the peak low on your brow.

“Put these on”.

Taking the sunglasses from his hand, you feel butterflies emerge in your stomach as you ask for a second time: “Ready for what?”

“Just put those on and stay close to me”.

Seeing the serious expression on his face, you decide that it’s better to just do what he says.  You put the sunglasses on and reposition the cap slightly whilst sticking to Kai’s side.  A minute later you have arrived outside SM’s building.

As you turn into the entrance, your jaw nearly drops to the floor. 

“OMO!  IT’S KAI!”, someone yelps in excitement, causing the placid crowd to become active.

“KAI!”, voices continuously echo as about thirty people surround you.

Looking up, you notice that even though cameras are flashing all around him, Kai is kindly smiling to everyone and politely asking for them to let you both through.  As the people slowly begin to move out of the way, you hear the variety of questions he is being bombarded with.

“Can I have your autograph?”

“Can I get a picture with you?”

“What are you doing today?”

“Where are the other members?”

“Who is the girl with you?”

“Another day”, Kai smiles brightly, causing loud squeals to emit from the group, “But right now we’re late”.

The crowd is relentless, but you soon make it to the entrance.  As Kai holds his wallet to the sensor, the frosted glass door instantly slides open and you both escape inside.

“Is it always like that?”, you ask as you take off Kai’s sunglasses once the doors are safely shut behind you.

“Pretty much”, Kai returns before stepping towards you and retrieving his hat, “I’m happy to know we have dedicated fans, but it’s not good for them to spend all their time in front of the building.  Some people skip school to spend their day here too, even though we tell them education is more important”.

You ruffle your hat-hair slightly and let out a small sigh: “Plus, summer will eventually come to an end and it won’t be good if they’re still out there even in the snow”.

“I bet you’re glad you teach children”, Kai jokingly remarks as he ushers you into an elevator.

“If I wasn’t before, I am now”, you giggle.

Once you are both inside, Kai presses the button for floor eleven.  After the doors glide shut, you hear the soft whirring of the wires as you are lifted away from the ground.  As the elevator comes to a stop, you step out of the small box and proceed to follow Kai down a narrow corridor.

“Hey, bro”, Kai asserts as he opens the door and leans on its frame.

“You took your time”, a manly voice replies from somewhere on the ground, “I’ve stretched already”.

“Sorry, Jae wanted shaved ice”, Kai teases as he steps further into the studio, allowing you to enter the room too.

“Shaved ice?”, the voice questions, “Well, who wouldn’t want shaved ice in this heat?”

Kai lets out a small laugh: “That’s what she told me too”.

“And I was right”, you playfully return as you take in the size of the room, “You ate all of yours and half of mine”.

Arriving at Kai’s side, you go speechless.  

You knew you were dancing with him today, yet it had never seemed completely real.  Now, he’s sat comfortably on the floor only meters away from you.

“He should buy you a replacement then”, he affirms to Kai as he stands up and makes his way towards you, “Nice to meet you, Jae.  I’m Taemin”.

                         *         *         *

“So what routines do you know, Jae?”, Taemin asks an hour later as the three of you continue stretching in preparation after warming up. 

Sitting on the floor, you pull the soles of your feet together in front of you and push your knees towards the ground as you try to remember what dances you know the best.

“I’ve never been taught how to dance”, you confess slightly embarrassed, “It’s just a hobby”.

“What’s wrong with that?”, he queries as he helps stretch out Kai’s back, “That’s how I started too.  It was my passion for dancing that got me into SM”.

“Mine too”, Kai chimes as he switches places with Taemin, “Same goes for Sehun, Lay and Chanyeol”.

The last name shocks you, yet you can’t help but giggle as you remember Chanyeol’s somewhat awkward dancing at Suho’s birthday.  *What dance do I know best?*, you quickly question yourself as you lean forward into another stretch in an effort to hide your laughter, *I don’t want to seem like a complete fool*.

“I’ve seen her dance to Heartbreaker, Fiction, Twenty-Four Hours, Second Confession, Hyde and I Am The Best”, Kai asserts as he flops onto the floor next to you, trying to be helpful.

Taemin considers Kai’s input as he raises his arms above his head and slowly arches his back until his hands meet the ground.  “Do you know any of my groups’ dances?”

*Oh *, you panic as you move into a side stretch before calmly answering, “I know parts of Lucifer, Sherlock and Ring Ding Dong, and most of Why So Serious.  I’ve only learnt them by watching the music videos though, so I’m nowhere near perfect”.

“Hm…”, he ponders as he reaches back up towards the ceiling, “Shall we start with Why So Serious then?  Whose part did you learn?”

As anxiety kicks in, you feel your face growing hot: “Onew’s”.

“Great”, he beams as he stands up and kicks Kai’s leg lightly with his foot, “I taught this one Key’s part, so it was obviously destiny”.

*What is it with these guys and destiny?*. you question as you lean forward into your final stretch, *I feel like I’ve missed something*.

Sitting up again, you slowly tilt your head from side to side and watch Taemin pull his Samsung from his pocket as he plods energetically towards the speakers in the corner of the room.  Once he has found the song, he connects his phone and adjusts the volume before picking up a small remote and pressing pause.   

“Ready?”, he asks as he turns back towards you and Kai.

“I was born ready”, Kai smirks as he jumps to his feet, “Jae?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be, I guess”, you return with a forced smile as anxiety complete engulfs you.

Kai raises his eyebrow in playful annoyance before offering you his hand.  Trying to calm your nerves, you close your eyes and take a few deep breathes before making any movements.  As your right hand brushes his warm fingers, he grabs it tightly and effortlessly pulls you to your feet.

“Than-”, you begin to say, but before you are able to compose yourself Kai forcefully tugs you into his chest.

“Now that’s not the Jae I know and put up with”, he purrs into your ear, his hot breath causing the skin on your neck to prickle slightly.

“Put up with?”, you quietly return as you tilt your head to look at him, “And here I was thinking you actually liked me”.

“Oh, really?”, he smirks as he pulls you even closer, his eyes staring deeply into yours.

Trying to ignore the fact that you are being held against Kai’s toned body, you urge yourself to say something, anything in return.

“So do you buy breakfast and offer home delivery for everyone you put up with?”

“Depends”.

“On?”

“Various elements”.

*Seriously, what is up with him?*, you inwardly question as you begin to feel agitated, *One minute he’s all cute and playful, the next he’s like this obnoxious machine that should be illegal.  I swear he has dual personalities - Jongin Mode and Kai Mode*.

“Kai”, you affirm whilst trying to maintain eye contact , “You’re hurting me”.

He loosens his grip on your hand a little, but does not let go.

You are about to protest again, but Taemin suddenly coughs from only centimetres away.

“Am I interrupting something?”, he jokingly queries as he slings his arm around Kai’s shoulder, making him let go of your hand, “I can leave the room if you want”.

“No need”, you assert as your flex your hand in an attempt to get the feeling back, “I’m sure I could knock him out if I wanted to”.

Taemin laughs at your blunt remark before pulling Kai into a head lock: “I’m looking forward to that day.  Now, should we get started?”

“Sure”, you beam whilst watching Kai squirm free from Taemin’s grasp, “I’m just going to have some water”.

Walking over to your bag, you pull out a bottle and take a long, much needed sip.  You hear movement behind you, but are still shocked when someone nudges you in the back lightly.

“YA!”, you choke before spinning around.  You know who the perpetrator is. 

“So”, Kai smiles brightly, apparently back to what you now call ‘Jongin Mode’, “Still feeling nervous, or did my trick work?”

*What is he talking about?*, you question as you screw the lid back on the bottle, *But now that I think about it, I don’t feel anxious at all anymore*.

“You’re thinking that you don’t feel nervous, right?”, he knowingly smiles, causing you to turn a pale shade of burgundy.

*So he did that to help me*, you realise as you turn a deeper shade of maroon, *It’s a bit twisted, but it worked*.  You nod in response, trying to hide both your astonishment and the amount of blood that has made its way to your face.

“Shall we then?”, he grins before playfully pushing you back towards the centre of the room, “Let’s go!”

“All set?”, Taemin questions as he takes off his beanie, pushes his hair back from his face and carefully repositions the hat.  

Instead of responding, the two of you excitedly appear at his side and take your positions.  With a grin, Taemin hits play on the small remote and within seconds the familiar introduction fills the room.

At first you feel extremely awkward, but by the time the first verse begins and you are lying on the floor in front of Taemin, the adrenaline kicks in.  *I can’t believe I’m actually here*, you think to yourself as try to remember Onew’s moves, *This is like every fangirls’ biggest dream*.

As the chorus kicks in, you watch your reflection in the mirror in complete awe.  You knew you weren’t bad at dancing, but at the same time, you never knew you were this good either.  Much to your amazement, the three of you are dancing in perfect sync.  *This is so surreal*, you grin from ear to ear, *I feel like I could die happy now*. 

“KEEP IT UP, KAI!”, Taemin playfully yells above the music as the second verse begins, but before Kai is able to make any form of retort, the room suddenly falls silent.  

In confusion, the three of you stop dancing and look into the mirror towards the speakers.  Standing next to them is a tall male figure who seems somewhat familiar to you, yet it isn’t until you turn to face him that his identity dawns on you.  *OMO!*, you inwardly panic as you straighten your t-shirt and subtly tie your hair into a messy top bun, *It’s Minho!*

“I thought I could hear a familiar song blaring through the floor”, the newest arrival affirms.

“Ya!  What are you doing here?”, Taemin questions affectionately as he bounds towards him, “I thought you had a busy schedule today.”

“I do, but I thought I’d quickly check out what’s going on here before leaving”.

“S’up?”, Kai nonchalantly nods as he takes a side step closer to you, “We’re just enjoying our day off”.

“I can see that”, he chortles before directing his gaze towards you.

Noticing his line of vision, Taemin quickly arrives at your side and lugs his arm around your shoulders: “This is Jae”.

Upon hearing your name, you bow your head slightly in respect.  “Nice to meet you”, you cutely smile whilst internally screaming.  You had loved Minho’s performance in To The Beautiful You and due to this, meeting him in person was making you even more starstruck than meeting Taemin.

“You too”, Minho charmingly beams before making his way towards you all, “Feel like starting from the top?”

“Definitely!”, Taemin replies excitedly as he retrieves the remote from his pocket, “Everyone ready?”

As the four of you get into position, you can’t help but steal multiple glances at Minho.  *He’s so much more attractive in real life*, you swoon whilst taking another sideways peek, *Minhye’s going to freak when she hears about this*.

After hitting play, the familiar music permeates through the room once more and you feel a wave of confidence swarm through your body as you watch your reflection dance.  Even though it’s the first time all four of you are dancing together, your chemistry meshes well and luckily there are no accidental head on collisions.

By the time the last chorus comes on, you feel like you are on cloud nine.  You’ve never danced with a group before, so this is something completely new and thrilling to you.  *This beats dancing by myself in my bedroom*, you smile to yourself as you bow into the last move, *Although teaching Minhye is always a fun challenge*.  As the music comes to an end, images of when you had tried to teach Minhye the dance to Lucifer flash through your mind.  Most people would agree that the beginning of the choreography is the hardest, but Minhye’s unique attempt had caused you to end up curled up on the floor, crying with laughter.  *Though I’ve got to hand it to her*, you fondly reminisce, *while it takes her a little longer to perfect the moves, once she has, she absolutely nails it*.

Suddenly the sound of Taemin and Kai collapsing in unison onto the hard floor pulls you back from your thoughts.

“That was amazing!”, Taemin announces whilst trying to catch his breath, “You didn’t tell me Jae was this good at dancing, Kai”.

“I didn’t know she was.  Apparently I only saw a fraction of her skills last time”.

Minho chuckles to himself and joins the other two on the floor: “I think she might even be better than me”.

Feeling embarrassed, you quickly position yourself on the floor next to Kai.  “Now that’s a lie”, you playfully protest as you wipe a bead of sweat off your forehead, “I’m better than all of you”.

“I see that as a challenge”, Kai seductively smirks, apparently motivated by your retort.

“Me too”, Taemin affirms, “But I’m up for it”.

Minho lets out a sigh in defeat: “I’m already out of the running”.

“That’s not true”, you comfort, feeling slightly guilty about making such a brash return, “I was only joking, Minho”.

“I know you were”, he affirms sweetly, “But I wasn’t.  You’re a really good dancer, Jae”.

Hearing him say your name makes your heart skip ten beats.  *Calm down!*, you yell at your pathetic organ as you sit up, *He’s not the first guy to say my name, and he’s not even that amazing.  It’s just because he’s Kang Tae Joon*.  Looking over, you notice that he is smiling at you, a smile which is both charismatic and dorky.  *Okay, I lied*, you console your heart as it skips yet another ten beats, *He’s so much better in person than on screen*.

“Thanks”, you blush whilst fixing your hair in an effort to hide your now beetroot face, “I still have a lot to learn though”.

“We all do”, Taemin asserts as he manoeuvres himself into a sitting position, “No one is perfect.  Not even Kai”.

“I beg to differ”, Kai chortles as he rolls onto his front and stretches his arms out in front of him, “I was born perfect”.

“Yeah, perfectly twisted”, you tease as you prod his torso with your right foot, making him squirm away slightly.  Yet he shifts the wrong way, and before long Minho and Taemin have started poking his defeated body, causing you all to laugh heartily.  

A few minutes and lots of prods later, the laughter is broken by the sound of Minho’s phone ringing.  After answering, he quickly hangs up with only a couple of words said and pushes himself to his feet.

“Our manager?”, Taemin queries.

“We’re changing location now, so I’ve got to go”, Minho pouts as he makes his way towards the door before turning back around and waving, “See you all later”.

“See you later”, you smile and wave whilst your heart skips a further ten beats at the sight of his smile.  *This can’t be healthy*, you worry as you lightly thump your chest a couple of times with your fist, *You’ve got to keep it together, Jae*.

“See you at the dorm”, Taemin calls after Minho as he disappears down the corridor, “Fighting!”

Once the door has swung shut, you watch as Taemin glomps Kai in apology for prodding him incessantly.

“I won’t let you off that easy”, Kai mumbles from the floor.

Taemin releases him and considers his statement for a moment: “Chicken?”

Rolling onto his back, Kai pushes himself upright before grinning brightly at Taemin: “Your treat”.

“Araso, araso”, he drones in defeat before turning to you, “You alright with chicken for lunch, Jae?”

“Call!”, you happily nod, “Sounds perfect”.

“Anything else I should buy whilst I’m out?”

“Coke?”, Kai offers.

“Hm…”, you ponder, wondering if you should really be asking SHINee’s Taemin to run errands for you, “Banana milk?  Do you want me to come with you?”

“Okay, so one coke and two banana milks”, Taemin confirms before pushing himself to his feet and smiling, “Don’t worry about it.  I’m sure I can cope on my own”.

“And I can start teaching you the choreography for History whilst he’s gone”, Kai states as he casually swivels round to face you.

“You’re teaching me choreography?”, you question, completely dumbfounded.

As you look at Kai, you notice a slightly devious glint in his eyes signally that he’s now in ‘Kai Mode’: “Of course.  I want to see how good you really are”.

From the other side of the room you hear Taemin snort slightly.  “Sounds like he’s the one challenging you this time”, he chuckles as he retrieves his belongings and makes his way to the door, “I’ll be back soon, so please don’t kill each other”.

“I make no promises”, you innocently smile in return before turning to glare at Kai, “You’re on”.