Chapter 2

The smile that melts my heart

A boy with brown hair who looked like Youngmin greeted you; Kwangmin. You both looked at each other for a bit until he spoke.

"You should consider going out with him"
"And why should I do that? He's been playing around with Yoona, am I his next target!?" You said as you slowly raised your voice with anger.
"You have it completely wrong.  There were some complications before...  I don't get why my brother likes you but he does. Just consider it." he replied still in his cool but calm tone.

You just decided to ignore him and walk back home.

"By the way, he doesn't expect a reply any time soon considering your reaction. He told me to tell you that he wants you to take all the time you need because he wants an honest reply!" Kwangmin yelled before you exited the gates of the school.

The next day, it was Saturday. You got dressed and headed out the door. You always went out on Saturdays. You strolled around not knowing what to do. You were tempted to go to Youngmin's usual hangout but you didn't want to see him. You didn't know why, but your feet just magically lead you there when you especially didn't want to. You slowly entered the arena; a hockey arena.

When you were inside, you immediately saw Boyfriend. They were playing hockey. You wanted to leave but instead sat in the bleachers making sure that they wouldn't see you. You stayed there for five, ten, twenty minutes. You just looked around, most of the time you weren't even aware you were unknowingly observing at Youngmin and his friends.

Suddenly, a boy approached you and sat next to you. Upon seeing him, the word 'oppa' slipped your lips. It was Yesung, never once have you been so close to him.

"Hey there" he said.
"Hi" You replied calmly, but in the inside, you were going crazy. Your crush was talking to you for the first time ever, it was so surreal to you.
"Come with me" Yesung said while grabbing your hand, pulling you to the unknown. You let him lead you. He stopped when you were in the top of the bleachers.

He swiftly held your wrists and pinned you to the wall. The sudden movements made the book in your hand fall. It made a loud noise but you were too preoccupied by how close you and Yesung were to care.

"I've heard that you've liked me for a long time from Yoona. So why don't we do it?" he said in a whisper.
"w-what?" you stuttered. He wanted you to do it with him... As in !?

He looked into your eyes, smirked and slowly closing the gap between you for a kiss. You didn't want it, not under these circumstances anyways. So you struggled to get out from his grip. It was useless, he was too strong. He was coming closer and closer. You closed your eyes tightly hoping this is just a joke.

Then you felt something on your lips... Not lips but it was a hand. You slowly opened your eyes to see Youngmin, still in his hockey wear but he had no skates and was just walking around the arena in socks, he had his hand covering your lips. You turned your gaze back to Yesung, he was glaring at Youngmin, but he did release his strong grip from you. As soon as you were free, you his behind Youngmin, clinging onto his hockey shirt. It was a natural instinct.

They argued a bit which seemed like nonsense to you, you were too confused on what just happened. You managed to hear Yoona's name pop up quite a number of times though.

Yesung finally left. Youngmin turned to you and checked if you alright. His cold finger on your forehead. You shook your head indicating you were alright. You took a look at Youngmin, his hair was all over the place, he was sweating.

"Thank you. Are you alright? Why don't you have any shoes?" you pointed at his feet.
He scratched the back of his head "Well... I was playing with the guys when I heard your book fell and saw you struggling. I removed my skates and ran to your rescue and here I am." he said with a smile.  He took your book that was laying on the ground and handed it to you.
You thanked him until you realized the rest of Boyfriend was there. You turned around and saw Boyfriend still on the ice rink, waving at you. You awkwardly and stiffly waved back. Afterwards, you turned your back against them and hid your face. You whispered "How embarrassing" to yourself. A whisper maybe a bit too loud because Youngmin heard you.

"Don't worry, the guys find it cute that the prince got to rescue his princess" he said while ruffling your hair. "I'll see you soon I guess" he waved at you with that same smile.

"That boy never stops smiling" you thought as you made your way to the exit.