Chapter 7

The smile that melts my heart

"Look! She's moving!" You could tell it was Hyunseong's voice. You slowly opened your eyes to find yourself in a hospital. Surrounded by Boyfriend and your family. You were on the bed but your leg was slightly elevated as you saw the bandage covering your broken ankle. You slowly took everything in until you asked "Where is Youngmin!?" in a state of panic.

Boyfriend made a small passage way as Kwangmin pointed to his brother who is lying in the bed right next to you. He was already awake and was smiling at you.

"How long was I unconscious?" You asked.
"A day" was all Youngmin answered you. Everyone else including your parents were slowly making their way out of the room. When everyone was gone, you just looked at Youngmin.

"What happened? Didn't I tell you not to come? I didn't want you hurt and look at you now" You said in a whisper with your head down.


Youngmin turned to his side to face you. "I'm fine you shouldn't worry about me. What's important is that you are safe. Or else saving the girl I love would have been useless." You stared at him for a bit not sure what to say until he spoke again. "You know, Yesung isn't as bad as I thought" he paused for a second and continued. "Yoona was about to beat you really badly and right when I was going to stop her, he came and pulled her away." you nodded as you felt grateful about his action. You started to feel your eyelids drop, becoming heavier and heavier. " Let's rest. We have a long week ahead of us and we don't want to have you left behind cause you're still in the hospital" Youngmin said. You turned to him, about to ask him what he meant but you saw him long gone in dreamland. You closed your eyes, thinking about what Youngmin meant as you drifted to dreamland as well.

You've been in the hospital for a few days already.  You stayed there with Youngmin by your side. It was your last day there seeing that you'll be released by the next morning. Your ankle was healing and the doctor told you that you could remove the bandage and stop using the crutches a day after you'll be released from the hospital. You're ankle was in good condition now, but the doctor wanted you to keep both, the bandage and the crutches, and to not walk in order to strengthen it. You were fine with it. Your last day in the hospital went slowly. Strangely, Boyfriend didn't show up today. It made you feel slightly disappointed as you enjoyed their company.

It was already night time and you were trying to sleep. Youngmin on the other hand thought you were asleep. You heard him stood up and he whispered in your ear "Tomorrow you can forget about all what has happened" he lightly pecked your forehead and you heard his footsteps heading towards the door, leaving.

You questioned yet again what he meant. Trying to associate it with what he said last time but you had no success. You decided to let it go and ask him when morning will rise. And soon enough, you fell asleep, unconsciously thinking about Youngmin's soft lips touching your forehead.