Chapter 12

The smile that melts my heart

You and Youngmin walked to the mall.

"Do you just want to walk around before buying any food" he asked you. You nodded.

You walked around, looking at all the pretty stores. One boutique caught your eye and you asked Youngmin if you could enter. He nodded with the same smile that made your heart melt.

You looked around for a bit and found a pretty necklace. It was silver and it had a charm that was the shape of a star. You looked at it for a bit before letting go of it. You wanted it but sadly, you had no money for it. Youngmin saw your disappointed look and went to see the necklace itself.

"Do you want to look at other stores?" you asked him.
"Sure, can you wait for me outside? I want to get something." he said. You nodded as you left the store.

Youngmin then took the necklace and brought it to the cashier.

"I would like to buy this." he said.
"That's a pretty necklace. Is it for your girlfriend?" the cashier asked.
"She's not my girlfriend... But I'm hoping she will be soon" he smiled at the cashier.
"My regards to both of you" she told Youngmin as he placed the necklace in his pocket.

When he was out of the store, he saw you randomly walking around. He sneaked up on you and covered your eyes.

"Guess who" he said
"Let's see... Pikachu?"
"Not even close" he said as you both started laughing.

You continued walking around. Every now and then, old people would point you both out and comment on how cute you looked together. Youngmin would smile and thank them while your reaction was to lower your head in order to prevent Youngmin from seeing your crimson red face.

"I have an idea!" Youngmin said while pulling you along. Soon after, you were in front of an arcade.
"Let's have fun" Youngmin turned to you.
"Yes!" you jumped excited to play the games.

You both played DDR. You were amazed over how Youngmin was good at dancing. You never saw him dance before but you were in awe over his dancing.

"You're so good at dancing! You're making me look horrible at it" you pouted.
"Don't worry, you're the best dancer in my eyes" He said as he messed your hair. You felt your heart skip a beat from the comment and your cheeks started to heat up.
"Ahhh! Are you blushing?" Youngmin grinned.
"Am not!" you said as you quickly turned around to look at the other games. Your eyes lit up upon seeing the claw crane machine. You started hopping around on spot like a five year old as you asked Youngmin if you could play it.

You inserted your tokens inside the machine and tried your luck. You moved the joystick left and right until it seemed right. Your eyes were set on a Rilakkuma plushie. After fifteen seconds, the claw went down to grab the toy. Success! But it quickly turned into a failure as the plushie got away from the claw's not so tight grip. You sighed disappointed.

"Let me try." Youngmin inserted his tokens and tried it himself. You waited fifteen seconds and saw the claw grab the toy. You eyed the claw as it headed it's way to the opening of the machine. The toy successfully dropped and was now in Youngmin's hands.

He handed it to you as you jumped for joy. You hugged the Rilakkuma tightly and thanked Youngmin.

"I guess that's enough of playing for today. We should get going and buy the food already." he said while holding his hand out. You nodded happily as one hand held your Rilakkuma tightly and the other reached for Youngmin's hand.