Chapter IX

Forgotten
Please log in to read the full chapter

“This is the place I used to live before coming to Korean.” Lili led me inside a small studio apartment. We flew to Thailand a few days later after my mom told us everything that happened in the past. I still have no idea why she brought me here, she only said she has some stuff to take care of here in Bangkok. I didn’t question her anymore because I trust her and I know she’s not going to do me any harm, right ?

“It’s nice.” Despite the fact that the whole apartment is the size of my bedroom, it actually looks quite decent. It’s nicely furnished and modernly decorated, not something I expected from someone out of an orphanage to own.

She didn’t say anything, just hugged me and let my head rest in the crook of her neck. I could feel her fingers brushing through my hair, while her other arm was holding me by my waist tightly against her body. I let my arms rest around her own body, not knowing where else to put them. We stayed like that for a couple of minutes, in each other arms, listening to each other’s breaths.

“If I tell you something, promise me you won’t change the way you feel about me. Jennie accepted me for who I really am, but I don’t know about you…” She broke the hug but she kept her hand on the back of my head and with her other hand, she was still holding my waist. I looked deeply into her eyes and I saw nothing but sadness and regret.

“I love you and no matter what I will still love you.” She brought her hand to my face and brushed my forehead, down my temple, cheek and chin with the back of her fingers. Her skin barely touched mine but I felt like a thousand jolts of electricity went through my entire body, numbing every inch of me. With her thumb, she brushed my dry and chapped lips, looking at them so intensely that I thought she got lost. I couldn’t bear to hold the tears in any longer and just let them fall down my cheeks one by one.

“You are so beautiful, Nini.” She took away her hand from my face and closed the empty space between us by placing her lips on mine. She kept her lips there for a few seconds and even if it wasn’t the deepest or the longest kiss we ever shared, it

Please log in to read the full chapter