Chapter XII

Forgotten
Please log in to read the full chapter

“You can’t just throw her out of this house, Jennie.”

“Why ? It’s my house and I do whatever I want.”

“Your mental health went down these past years because you couldn’t live without her, and not that she’s back you want her to leave ?”

“Mom, I know… I just want to live my life like I used to before I met her 2 years ago.” I sighed and I sat down on a chair in the kitchen where my mom, Ming and I were. The Chinese maid was staying in silence, eyeing the ground; quite unusual for her to do. I haven’t sleep at all since I came home in the early hours of the morning because I couldn’t. I kept thinking about Lalisa and what to do with her; keep her here or just make her leave. I know she just got out of prison and she doesn’t really have money to live on her own or to travel back to Thailand, but something inside of me doesn’t want her to be around me.

“Ming, can you please prepare one of the guest rooms for Lalisa and make her feel like home ?” My mom told to her fellow co-worker, the young woman nodded her head and left immediately.

 “Dad and Mrs. Kim won’t be happy to see her around here again. Especially after she disappeared the company without saying anything…”

“Don’t worry about them, they won’t know she’s here.” My mom said as she was washing some dishes. No one except her, Lalisa, Ming and I know that I found out she’s my real mom. Mrs. Kim would probably get us all killed if she would find out, so I keep calling her ‘mom’ and acting like that ugly witch is my mom when I’m around her like I used to before finding out.

“Fine, but I’m not going to babysit her around. If you want to keep her here, it’s your job to keep her hidden.”

 

----

 

“How is she ?” I asked Ming after I brought her to my bedroom.

“She’s been crying since she woke up. She fell asleep not long ago in the guess room from the end of the corridor. Miss, why are you doing this to her ?” She asked as she sat down beside me on my bed. Yeah Jennie, why the are you doing this to her and also to yourself ?

“Don’t ask any more questions and do me a favor.”

“What kind of favor, M

Please log in to read the full chapter