Chapter VI

Forgotten
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I’m impressed with your work, Lisa. Did you learn all of that at university ?” I could hear my dad talking with Lalisa in her cubicle. I looked up from the computer of an employee I was helping across the room, to see what’s going on with the two of them.

“Um… Yes.”

“I can’t believe you solved the problem no one here could ! Thank you for that.” He pat her on her shoulder before she could stand up.

“It’s my pleasure to help you and your company, sir !” She bowed down politely, smiling at the man after doing so.

“What’s going on here, dad ?” I asked them as I was standing now by the entrance of the small and narrow cubicle.

“I was just praising your girlfriend for the work she have done. You know what ? How about you two take the rest of the day off and enjoy yourselves ? Go have lunch somewhere nice or go shopping or something.”  He smiled at both of us, handing me one of his credit cards. “I like her so you better keep her and make sure you’ll marry her soon. She has everything this company needs.” He whispered to me before smiling at both of us and leaving the room whistling like he always does when he’s in a good mood.

“Is there something wrong ?” I heard the blonde saying as she hugged me. I could feel the glares of some employees but I decided to not pay attention to them.

“Nothing…”

“Will you tell me what’s wrong,  Jennie ?” Like my dad said, we went to have lunch after he allowed us to have the day off. We also did some shopping but we gave everything we bought to Mr. Shin to bring home and instead of going directly home from the mall, we decided to take a walk by the Han River.

“Like I said before, there’s nothing wrong.” I said and I felt her hand squeezing mine as we were walking. I want to leave Seoul as soon as possible. I know my dad doesn’t like her as my girlfriend; he likes her because she’s skilled in her work. I’m not dumb, I know he’s hungry for money and keeping Lalisa at his company will do nothing but bring him more money, thing that I don’t want to happen. He has already such a big wealth that if he would give 1$ to every person in Korea, he would still have enough to live comfortably. As much as I love him, I don’t want him to take advantage of Lalisa.

“You’ve been off all day. Did I do something wrong ?” She stopped us from walking and stood in front of me. She took my face in both of her hands and gave me a kiss on the forehead, looking at me concerned.

“You are perfect, Lalisa. You could never do something wrong.” I grabbed her hands away from my face and while still holding them, I gave the tips of her fingers a small peck.  “I love you and I don’t want anything bad to happen to you.”

“Jennie, I love you too but I have no idea why are you being like this. Will you tell me please ?”

“I want you to stop—“

“Well, look who we have here.” We were interrupted by someone. I couldn’t see anyone but Lalisa pushed me behind her back, holding me with her arms against her back. What’s going on ?

“What do you want ?”

“You know too well what I want, Manoban. I want my money back.” Three men came out from the shadows underneath a bridge we are close to, at least three people I heard walking and moving. I don't know if there are more of them or not but I'm sure there are three... Wait... Are they who I think they are …?

“I don’t have any money !”

“YES YOU DO, YOU WH*RE! GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK !” The same man that was talking before, said. I took a glimpse of him; he is wearing a white tank top, a pair of ripped jeans, his hair is long and flowing down his muscular tattoo

Please log in to read the full chapter