Chapter X

Forgotten
Please log in to read the full chapter

I can’t believe Lili did such thing… How could she lie to me all this time ? She said we are coming to Thailand to take some time off and clear our minds since she found out that not my father killed her parents, but his wife. She told me she’s not a good person, but I thought that she would change for Nini, for her one and only Nini… For me.

~Flashback~

“I’ll be back in a few. Don’t do anything silly, ok ?” She kissed my forehead before taking her backpack from the bed.

“Where are you going ? You keep leaving and not taking me with you…” I said pouting while looking at her; it’s the fourth time she’s going somewhere without me. She just laughed before gently grabbing my chin and kissing me.

“I’ll be back soon, ok ? Don’t worry and just tell me want to you want for dinner ?” She said after breaking the kiss. I just nodded my head without saying anything; I’m don’t really care what we are having for dinner, I care about her and whatever she’s doing out there without me.

She left in a couple of seconds after she saw that I’m not going to suggest any type of food in particular for dinner, leaving me alone in her small studio apartment. I took a bottle of water from the fridge, before making my way to the bed to lay down and watch some TV. Thailand is very hot during this period of the year, but Lili know hoe to take good care of me and bought me a fan that is pretty much blowing cold air on me 24/7.

Not long into the Thai drama I was watching, something else caught my attention. The miniature safe she keeps beside the TV is slightly open. Me being the curious Nini I am, I had to look what’s inside. I didn’t expect to find what I found; all I expected was a huge amount of money. Inside was a gun and a few small packages with some white powder and a few bigger ones with some dried plants. Are these drugs ? It can’t be, right ? She’s leaving everyday to meet up with friends, do groceries and take some fresh air, right ? Are her friends taking drugs too ? Is she selling them ? What on earth is going on here ?

Wait a second…

~End of Flashback~

“Why are you packing your stuff ?” She said after she got back to her apartment. I could hear concern in her voice but she’s not fooling me again this time. Nini is not stupid. I figured out that she’s the drug dealer that police officer from a few days ago warned us about. You know, she took me for a fool enough these couple of days since we are here but she never thought I might find out, didn’t you Lili ?

“I’m going back to Korea.”

“Nini, why ? Don’t you like it here ?” She kneeled down beside me and hugged me from the side, but I pushed her away before she could give me a kiss o the cheek.

“Just leave alone, okay ? I sick of your lies and your way of fooling me around.”

“What are you talking about ?”

“Stop acting like you don’t know what’s going on !” I stood up from the floor, heading towards the door but she caught me by my wrist and dragged me back.

“What the hell are you talking about, Nini ?” The blonde took me by my shoulders and shook my body; I can clearly feel that she’s furious and frustrated but I don’t care. I stood in silence, waiting for her to realize what I’m talking about, not breaking eye contact with her.

“I’m sorry… I know I should have told you but I was scared you wouldn’t understand… please forgive me Jinhee…” She tri

Please log in to read the full chapter