Chapter VIII

Forgotten
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Where did my parents go and why can’t I see them ?” I asked Lili as the driver parked the car in the drive way of my house. I don’t understand why she doesn’t let me see them… Did I do something wrong ?

“I told you already that they went on a business trip. We only came here to take your stuff because we’ll go to Thailand soon.” The girl told me, interlocking our fingers while leading my way inside the house. Once inside, a maid was waiting for us by in the stairs of the entrance hall.

“It’s so nice to have you two back here Miss Kim and Miss Moon. Miss Jisoo called home and told us what happened but she said not to tell your parents. The house felt so empty without you around.” The young and pretty maid said as she bowed in front of us smiling.

“Um… Is Mrs. Maya here ?” The blonde asked the woman and it immediately hit me…

“Yes, she’s in the kitchen.”

“Mom !!!” I ran as fast as I could towards the kitchen, yelling in excitement. I knew mom wouldn’t leave the house because she never does. She a maid here and she has too much work to do that leaving for trips is not something she does.

“Mom ?” I heard Lili saying as she followed behind me. Once I entered the kitchen I saw mom cooking something over the stove, totally lost in her work. I was in the hospital for only a few days but it seems like I haven't seen her ages.

“Mommy, I’m back home.” I hugged the woman and it seems like I shocked her because she gently pushed me away.

“What are you talking about, Jennie ?”

“It’s me, mommy. Your daughter Jinhee.”

“I don’t know what are you talking about.” She looked at Lili and I could see that her face expression is not that happy. “Did you tell her something she wasn’t suppose to know ?” She asked the blonde, at which the girl just shook her head.

“What is that shouldn’t know ? Mommy what are you talking about ? Mrs. Kim is not here so I can call you mom.”

~Flashback~

“Jennie, what did you just say ?” I could see my dad looking at me very furious.

“I said that I know Mrs. Maya is my mom.”

“Don’t be silly. I am your father and she is your mother. Mrs. Maya is just a maid.”

“You are my dad but that ugly pale witch is not my mom. I look nothing like her.” I crossed my arms to my chest and refused to look at my dad’s wife. I may be a kid but I’m not stupid.

“That’s because you look like daddy.” He kneeled down and took my tiny hands into his. “Just because your mom has a fair complexion and your skin is tanned doesn’t mean she’s not your mother.”

“Then why I look a lot like Mrs. Maya ? And why I always see you kissing and touching all the maids from this house ? Aren’t babies made when a man and a woman kiss and touch ? Maybe you touched Mrs. Maya and that’s how I’m here.”  

“I guess you’ve got a smartas* 10 year old there, honey. She knows way too much, fix everything. It's your fault she exists anyway.”

~End of Flashback~

“Well yes, I’m your mother Jinhee-yah… I don’t understand how you remembered everything.” My mom said as she brought the three of us to the living room and sat us down on the couch.

“I don’t know how it happened either. She woke up with her memories lost of the past few years but she remembers everything from our childhood.” Lili said as she placed her hand on mine.

“I see… I guess I have to explain everything to you two.”She took a deep breath, her voice shaking as she spoke.  “I was 19 when I slept with your father. We knew each other for a long time before that happened. He was that rich kid in school and I always looked up to him; he was the only Korean student and everybody

Please log in to read the full chapter