Chapter XIV

Forgotten
Please log in to read the full chapter

“So you don’t remember anything we had before ?”

“No…”

“Then why are you acting like Jennie and not Jinhee ?”

“Well, no one knows beside my mom and you. She told me everything that happened before that day when we met with the gang.” I stood up from the armchair and went to the dusty desk from the other side of the attic. I took a journal I wrote from its drawer and went back to Lalisa, handing her the journal. “I wrote here everything my mom told me about you when you first came to this house. I was desperate to remember you and I really wanted to keep everything written somewhere in case I forget again.” She took the small dark blue velvet covered journal and looked though its pages. I saw her form a sad smile on her face before placing the journal beside her and looking at me.

“There aren’t written even half of the things we did before. Everything is written so vaguely.” She also stood up and hugged me; since she’s taller than me she let me rest my head on her chest. She broke the hug after a few minutes and placed her hands on the back of my head, brining me closer and planting a long kiss on my forehead. I held into her shirt with my fists clenching on the piece of fabric tightly as she hugged me again.

“I want you to make me remember everything… Show me every single side of you that you didn’t dare showing Jinhee… Show me everything, make me remember and make me have faith in you again…”

“I will, but not here…”

 

----

 

As we were walking down the streets, we were holding hands and I can say that I’ve never felt safer. I don’t know in which part of Seoul we are but it didn’t really matter at that point because I know I can trust her. I can trust her with my life because I know for sure will do nothing but protect me.

“What’s this place ?” I asked her as we arrived in front of an old and abandoned building. I don’t know how safe this ‘neighborhood’ is because I can hear police sirens in the distance and some crazy dogs barking somewhere closer to where we are. She led me to the side of the building where the emergency stairs were. We climbed the metal stairs up all the way to the fourth floor where a window was open. Inside I saw nothing but a big room, filled with almost nothing. A mattress in the middle of the room, some blankets and pillows, a lamp, a chair, an electric small stove and a mini fridge were the only things in this huge room. As we walked on the old and dirty floor, I could hear the heels of our shoes echoing in the darkness.

“It’s my secret place… Welcome.” She let go of my hand and went to turn on the lamp, but even with the light on, this place is still kind of dark. She took off her denim ja

Please log in to read the full chapter