Chapter V

Forgotten
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Nini wants her Lili ! Daddy can you bring me to her ?”

“I told you so many times that I can’t.”

“But Nini wants her friend back! Daddy please !”

“Honey, please shut up your kid ! I feel like my head is about to explode !”

“Come on, Jennie. How about you go to your room and think about your behavior ? Look, you upset your mother.”

“I don’t care about her ! I want my Lili back ! And if you don’t bring me to Lili, Nini will ask---“

“Hey, wake up… Jennie, wake up !” I felt someone shaking my arm and the next thing I knew was that I had nightmares again. “You were crying in your sleep again…” Lalisa came back to bed with a box of tissues and a glass of water.

“I don’t know why I keep having those dreams…” She dried off the sweat from my forehead with a tissue before making me drink some water. For the past couple of day I have been having these dreams in which I always fight with my father. I’ve never had a fight with him and I don’t know why I keep having these dreams about me as a kid and my dad… And who is Lili ?

“Maybe you’re stressed because you’re at the office all the time.” The next day since my parents came back from their trip, I’ve been working at my father’s company, supervising almost 100 employees. It’s not a hard thing to do but the number of people I’m responsible for it’s way too high.

“Maybe…”

“Come here.” She laid down on the bed and held the covers up and I immediately snuggled against her. Once I was beside her, she covered us both with the warm and soft blanket before giving me a kiss on my forehead. “Can we sneak into your dad’s office tomorrow to look for some documents about that man ?” She asked, making me take my head off of her chest and look up at her.

“We can do whatever you want…”

 

----

 

“Go check that drawer over there while I’ll search the files on his computer.” I told the blonde as I sat down on my dad’s brown leather chair at his desk. I opened his laptop and I typed in his user name and his password;  you really trusted me when you gave these information to me, right dad ? Now look at your daughter, getting her nose in things that are not her business only because she’s doing it for the girl she loves. Dad, did you ever think about being betrayed by your own daughter ?

“I didn’t find anything…” Lalisa said before dragging her feet on the carpet all the way to the desk where I was sitting. “What if we will never find him ?”

“We have to. Do you remember something about him ? At least how he looked or something about his family ?” I asked taking my eyes away from the computer to look at her.

“I only know that he has a daughter… nothing more.”

“Hmm…”

“I think she might be t

Please log in to read the full chapter