Chapter I

Forgotten
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Dad, do I really need to go ? It’s going to be so boring….”

“You have to, dear. You will take our my company after I will retire and you have to meet some of the people that I have business affairs with.”

“Mom, please can I stay home ?” I plead my mother in hope of letting me stay home for the night.

“This dinner party is important for your father, sweetie. Please do as he says.” I sigh and walked up the stairs to my bedroom to get ready.

Being 21 years old and still getting orders from my parents, it’s not how I imagined my life will turn out while growing up. Sometimes all I want to do is just disappear and live on my own, but every time I think about doing that, something holds me back. Maybe it’s the fact that living with in this house I have everything; I have luxury and money without lifting my finger and my lazy self enjoys it. Living alone will require getting a job and taking care of myself, but why do that when there are other people taking care of me ? Sometimes I can’t understand what I want, but there are times when I want to do something but I can’t because of my parents.

“Mom, can I go now ?”

“Not yet.”

“But the dinner is over.”

“Yes, but the party isn’t. Why don’t you get yourself a drink and go talk with that handsome guy over there. His father is really wealthy and he seems to be interested in you, he kept looking at you the whole night.” I looked over at the guy standing by his father and attending some sort of conversation with an older couple. I’ve been here for three hours already and I’ve never been more bored in my entire life. Boring people, boring restaurant, boring discussions and even the food was boring. I can’t believe my parents dragged me here tonight.

“Good luck with him.” My mother whispered when she saw the guy approaching. I just sigh, waiting for him to do what I’m expecting him to do; to hit on me.

“Hi. I saw you looking at me there. I’m William, Kang William.” Excuse you ?! I wasn’t looking at you at all. Maybe a little bit but only because you began getting on my nerves.

“Kim Jennie.”

“So your father owns JHK Company, right ?”

“Yeah.” I said looking away from him while taking sip from the glass of white wine my mom gave me.

“You don’t seem to talk much.” Well maybe because I don’t want to talk with you, Willy.

“I’m sorry, I have to go.” I placed the glass on the nearest table, before making my way in a hurry towards the exit.

“Wait, where ? Jennie-ssi !”

Once I got outside in front of the building, I called Mr. Shin, my driver, to come and pick me up. Luckily no one saw me taking the elevator and leaving the restaurant because if my parents would have caught me, they would have brought me back and have someone look after me for the rest of the night and that’s not something I want.

“Oh my god, Mr. Shin, where the hell are you ?” I whispered to myself while rubbing my bare shoulders, freezing to death. Who would have thought that April can be this cold ? The long strapless dark red dress that I’m wearing does not protect me from the night’s chilly wind and the high heels are killing me.

“Come on, come on.” I was walking on the pavement, from one side of the building to the other one, trying to warm my body up by moving but for no good. I’m still cold and the fact that I feel someone looking at me makes me uneasy. No one is around but I feel someone’s eyes on me…

"AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!"

I let out a scream when someone snatched my purse and ran away; it happened so fast that I could barely react with my body. The thief was a few feet away from me when I fully realized what was happening; I quickly took off my shoes and threw them towards the person in front of me, one landing on the ground and one hitting him in the head.

“Oh my ing god !” The thief yelled after he tripped over my shoes, bringing his hand to his head because he’s bleeding.

Please log in to read the full chapter