The Chairman and the Bodyguard

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the rooftop of an apartment, five girls were having a dinner party. 

"Ja," the one named Irene said, "It's time to celebrate! Saeng-il chukhahae, Yeri-ah!"

Joy, Wendy, and Seulgi also shouted, "Saeng-il chukahae maknae-yah!"

Yeri laughed and replied, "Gomawo, unniedeul!"

As they started to eat and talk about the day, they felt a cold gush of wind rushing through them. In a second, all five girls raised their hands with their palms facing the sky; erupting from their palms are lightning bolts, gusts of air, jets of fire and water, and rocks, creating a shield for the five. At the next second, they felt the shield being bombarded with gunshots. The five girls stood up with their backs facing each other, and then four women appeared, surrounding them.

"Victoria-unnie," Irene said as she saw the woman nearest to her, "What is this? Does the council know of this?"

"They do not need to know," Victoria said, anger evident in her voice. She continued, "Where is Sulli?"

"Why are you asking us that?" Seulgi said, "Isn't she part of your group?"

"Because of you, she went into hiding!" Krystal said as she formed an energy ball and threw it the five girls. However, the shield prevented the energy ball to reach the five.

"Unnie!" Yeri said, "Please do not attack us! We are just following the rules!"

"That's right," a man's voice said. 

A bright light flashed and revealed three men wearing suits. 

"Jaejoong-doryeonnim! Junsu-doryeonnim! Yoochun-doryeonnim!" the five girls said together. 

"Victoria," Yoochun said, "Why are you attacking Red Velvet? You know it is against our agreements."

Victoria replied, still boiling in anger, "It's because of them that Sulli disappeared!"

Jaejoong said in a cold voice, "Who said that it is for the best of Sulli to stay away with the human Choiza?"

Victoria's eyes widened, but did not reply. Jaejoong shook his head and said, "Everyone will follow us to the council chambers."

As everyone nodded, the three men snapped their fingers and everyone at the rooftop disappeared like ashes. 

 

They all reappeared at a dark hall. Junsu, Jaejoong, and Yoochun, sat on three throne-like chairs facing the hall in the said order. There are other throne-like chairs that perimeters the hall.

"Victoria and Irene, do not take your seats," Jaejoong said, seeing that Victoria was about to go to her seat. Yoochun then pressed something on his chair, and flat-screen televisions appeared on the other chairs, revealing the other owners of the chair.

"What is it, Yoochun?" a small beautiful woman said, "I am in the middle of sleep you know."

Jaejoong said, "Mianhe, Taeyeon, Leeteuk, Onew, Suho, and Taeyong. f(x) attacked Red Velvet because of Sulli."

The other group leaders, who all looked sleepy, suddenly became alert and fixed themselves.

Junsu whispered, "Skype is so useful."

Jaejoong said, "Victoria, say your side to the council."

Victoria explained while her tears fell. She said, "Sulli has been missing for days! We cannot contact her; we cannot find her! It's because of these girls--"

"The agreements bound us to tell that Sulli-unnie was hanging out and showing her powersw to the Choiza guy," Irene defended, cutting Victoria in mid-sentece. Irene continued, "If Sulli-unnie did not show what she can do to Choiza, we could have just let it slip. But she showed the guy that she is a witch, so how can we just stay quiet? We do not want another massacre at our hands."

Victoria was about to reply when Onew said, "Wasn't it you, Victoria, who actually decided for them not to meet? Didn't the council left it to you to decide?"

Victoria did not reply to this. Jaejoong, having read Victoria's mind, said, "You just do not want to blame yourself or f(x) for Sulli's disappearance; hence you pick on Red Velvet. Aren't you ashamed of yourselves?"

Luna, one of the f(x) members, said, "How can we find Sulli then?"

Yoochun said, "You are witches; you have powers. You can track her. Besides, we are already in 2017. You can track cell phones right?"

Amber replied, "I can do that."

"Please think first before you act," Junsu said. 

Taeyeon then said, "I request that f(x) will be under the close watch of our knights, NCT. They can assist f(x) in looking for Sulli. However, Victoria will not have a vote in the council for--"

"Until they found Sulli," Leeteuk cut in.

"NCT will be of assistance," the leader of NCT Taeyong said.

"Agree," Suho seconded. 

The others also seconded. Jaejoong then said, "The council voted, and now orders. Do you accep this, Victoria, leader of f(x)?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter