The Bodyguard Becomes A Secretary

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

President Choi Siwon had a relaxed but unnerving gaze at Jaejoong as he introduced Yunho as supposedly new king.

"Taetongryongnim (President), you must be mistaken," Yunho said, totally surprised by what the President said. He continued while stuttering, "I...I'm a Jung. Well, it is impossible be...Because--"

"Surnames can change," President Choi replied nonchalantly. He stood up from his seat and said, "I had a background check on you ever since. The reason you got accepted in middle school until college? Here at the Blue House? It's because you got to blood of the late King Sejong in you." (A/N: Blue House is South Korea's version of USA's White House.)

Junsu said, "I don't get this. What is this, Siwon? Why are you doing this?"

President Choi replied, "It is time that we return Joseon back to its glorious days. When we--"

"You know very well what our kind experience during those days, especially during the late Joseon kings," Yoochun added.

"Excuse me," Yunho said, getting more confused in the conversation. 

Jaejoong stood up, as he is nearest Yunho, and said, "I think you need to sleep first."

As Yunho was about to ask Jaejoong what he meant, Jaejoong snapped his fingers in front of Yunho. Yunho suddenly fell asleep; Jaejoong caught him and put him on the sofa chair. Nice body built; no wonder he is a bodyguard, Jaejoong thought. 

"Siwon, what is this?" Yoochun asked again.

President Choi answered, "I have been secretly forming allies and my plans to reconstruct the monarchy of Joseon once again. A new Joseon...A unified Joseon. A unified Korea."

"Do you even think North Korea with agree with you?" Yoochun asked back.

"They will agree," President Choi said, "I can prove to anyone that Yunho is the heir. Chairman Kim is like us; once he finds out Yunho's ability--"

"Which is?" Junsu asked.

"Solar fire," Jaejoong answered. 

Junsu and Yoochun were surprised. Yoochun said, "Solar fire? Are you sure? Only..."

Jaejoong took a deep breath and said, "Only those born to be king, or leaders have such powers..."

President Choi looked at Jaejoong and said, "Like Jaejoong-hyungnim."

"Why did you call us then?" Jaejoong asked.

President Choi took his seat and said, "I need your support, not only as businessmen, but also as the most powerful immortals in the peninsula."

Jaejoong looked at Siwon and said, "What's this? Another monarchy that controls our kind? Will Yunho be as kind as King Sejong to us? Do you still remember the Busan Massacre to--"

"Hyungnim," President Choi said with a commanding voice, "I remember very well everything; I learned magical arts during the time of King Sejong. I was turned to an immortal during the Japanes occupation. I was with you when we tried to save our friends during that massacre. I was there. Those are my main reasons why I am doing this."

Jaejoong took a deep breath and said, "Let the council decide if they will support you or not."

With those words, a bright light flashed and the three men disappeared, leaving the President and Yunho. The latter suddenly woke up.

"Mwo..." Yunho grumbled, "What happened?"

 

Back at Council of SM chambers, its three leaders are sitting on their throne-like chairs; Yoochun was speedily typing and browsing through the internet about Jung Yunho while Junsu was calling the other council members. 

Jaejoong, on the other hand, was in deep thought. It has been years since someone had solar fire like Jaejoong himself; it has also been years since his interest on someone else was piqued. 

"Hyung," Junsu called Jaejoong, "Their on their way."

One by one, smoke abd lights filled up the chamber. After a second, the Council of SM members were there: Taeyeon, Leeteuk, Onew, Suho, Victoria, Irene, and Taeyong. 

"Why did you call us personally?" Onew asked, "I thought you liked Skype, hyung."

"Choi Siwon wants to restore the monarchy," Junsu said as he and everyone else were about to sit down. 

Everyone else froze for a second. Suho then said as he and the other were sitting down, "Really?"

Jaejoong nodded and answered, "We had just arrived from the Blue House and I asked Junsu to call you. He will present to us his plans...And his chosen king."

"Who?" Taeyeon asked.

"Jung Yunho," Yoochun said, "Tall guy, good looks, nice body, skilled in martial arts, has an adopted brother...Well, that's strange."

"What?" everyone in the room asked.

Yoochun pushed a button and a screen behind the seats of Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu opened. They all looked at the screen to see Yunho's personal profile."

"No record of parents?" Irene said, "He just popped up out of nowhere?"

"I have to talk to him," Leeteuk said, "He's in my tribe anyway."

"Ani," Jaejoong said, "Let him be the one to go to us. He wants this Yunho guy not only to be a political king...But also a king for us...Special beings."

Victoria stood up and said, "He is crazy! Oppa, the Busan Massacre--"

"Is what he claims to be one of his reasons why he is doing this," Jaejoong said. He continued, "Not under my watch will we have another massacre like that. However, I still do not understand Siwon. Let's wait until he request an audience with us. I will not persuade you; decide for the welfare of your tribe."

 

"MWO?!" Changmin shouted in front of Yunho as he told the events earlier that day.

"Shh!" Yunho said to his adopted brother, "It's almost midnight!"

Changmin said, "Hyung, this is insane! How the heck did the President figured out your secret?"

Yunho shook his head, "Solar fire is, according to him, his biggest proof. Heck, I cannot show that to the people. I mean, this is the 21st century."

"Hyung," Changmin said, "So does that mean I become a prince?"

Yunho knocked Changmin on his head and said, "Jeongshin charyeot! (Get your head straight!) The President is crazy. Maybe I should be absent..."

"Hyung, can you escape the President of South Korea?" Changmin asked.

Yunho shook his head and said, "I'll be heading to bed."

Changmin, massaging his head, just nodded in reply. As Yunhowent inside his room and closed his door, Changmin removed his hand from his head and said, "I will take care of you, Yunho-hyung." 

 

The following day, Yunho reported to wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter