The Modern-Day Crowned Prince...With A Sudden Transformation?!

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JYJ, Yunho, Changmin, Irene, Kai, Sehun, and D.O. were having dinner in the kitchen. They prepared a feast for Yunho, who will be having a long day tomorrow. Yoochun and Junsu could not help but notice Yunho and Jaejoong smiling while talking to each other; for one thing, Jaejoong rarely smiled whenever a big event comes up.

Irene noticed this and said, "You seem happy, oppa?"

Jaejoong, knowing the question was for him, answered, "Naega? Wae? (Me? Why?)"

As Irene was about to answer, electricity suddenly blasted out of nowhere and ice formed a shape of a person. In another second, two men were standing at the end of the dinner table.

"Chen? Xiumin? What is it?" Junsu asked. 

Chen answered, "Hyungnim, Hyoyeon-noona found out who the hooded men were."

After 30 minutes, the Council of SM convened through SkypeTM. Only JYJ and Irene were sitting on their chairs; the rest were on screen. Yunho and Changmin were standing behind Jaejoong. Chen and Xiumin were standing in front of the JYJ. 

"How did Hyoyeon figure out these men?" Yoochun asked. 

Xiumin answered, "Tao went to us and he wanted to start an investigation. Since it is him, me, Chen, and Hyoyeon-noona who has the most access to those who do not ally themselves to SM, we started looking. We found out about this group called BTS."

"BTS?" Jaejoong asked as he looked at Yoochun. Immediately, Yoochun opened his laptop and typed away.

Chen continued, "They were very difficult to trace; those who know them are bounded not to say their information. Hyoyeon-noona felt the curse that was binding them. However, we were able to trace their company."

"Is it Big Hit?" Yoochun asked as he read on his laptop.

"Ne," Xiumin answered. He continued, "The shaman Kahi has records of every immortal familiar, and we found out that BTS is Big Hit's familiar."

Jaejoong turned to Yoochun and asked, "I have never transacted with Big Hit; how come we have never heard of it?"

It was Chen who answered Jaejoong's question. He said, "Big Hit has this contract, which is actually a spell, that makes the company seem weak or invisble to big investors but--"

"Actually has a lot of hidden wealth, most probably stolen money from the government," Yoochun finished. He continued, "Magic is good, but technology can be easily cracked."

Jaejoong thought about it and said, "Yoochun, see if you can get the guest list at the President's press conference tomorrow."

"Who are the politicians that did not go to us?" Junsu asked.

"Ani," Chen said, "Many politicians that you have helped also turn to them. Not those who really do good things, but those politicians that we have previously exposed. Most of them are out of business, but the money that the politcians lost never goes back to the government at all. It seems that it's part of the spell/contract that the money goes to Big Hit as 'donation' after filling bankruptcy."

"Big Hit's CEO will be there," Yoochun said. 

Jaejoong then said, "Change of plan, Yunho."

 

Yunho was at the balcony of his room. Changmin was already sleeping inside, but Yunho seemed not to be tired at all. He looked and he saw Jaejoong giving instructions to Chen and Xiumin, Kai, Sehun and D.O. After the five men nodded, they all disappeared. Jaejoong turned and saw Yunho was looking at him. Jaejoong then disappeared and appeared in front of Yunho.

"You should be sleeping," Jaejoong said.

Yunho shook his head and said, "I'm driving away the thoughts of regretting this decision."

Jaejoong looked at Yunho and said, "You can still back out."

Yunho looked directly at Jaejoong's eyes and said, "No. This is just beyond me and Changmin; it's the whole country itself."

Jaejoong looked away. At this Yunho said, "Isn't that Prince Wang So said to you?"

"Mwo?" Jaejoong said in shock.

Yunho chcukled and looked at the sky. He said, "I saw his letter to you at the library. I learned a lot from that letter."

Jaejoong suddenly drew a sword and aimed it at Yunho's neck. Yunho just chuckled and said, "You don't need to do that; your secret is safe with me."

Jaejoong's sword dissolved in his hands and said, "Mianhe."

Yunho looked again at Jaejoong. This time, Jaejoong noticed that Yunho's face seemed sad and disappointed. Yunho said, "Prince Wang So became King Gwangjong in our history; he was able to do great things. You did great things together. He was destined to be king. You cannot help it."

"What are you saying?" Jaejoong said as he tried to read Yunho's mind. However, Yunho's mind seemed blocked. 

"You cannot read my mind, can you?" Yunho said. He continued, "I asked Irene how to do that."

"Why?" Jaejoong said.

Yunho sighed and said, "Just...Anyway, I'll sleep now."

Jaejoong nodded. As he was about to say good night, Yunho just went in their room and closed the sliding doors. Jaejoong, puzzled, teleported to his room. Yunho laid down on his bed as he remembered the last line in Prince Wang So's letter:

I do love you Jaejoong, but not in the way that you do. I'm sorry.

 

Yunho was at the library early in the morning. He found a book about the people who had the power of the sun: King Gwanggaeto, King Gwangjong and King Sejong are the listed Korean ones. 

"And one more says to harness the power of the Sun, but no one can get sight of him, except that--" Yunho read but someone continued for him.

"He is the one who taught the kings Gwangjong and Sejong to use their powers," Jaejoong said. 

Yunho looked at Jaejoong and said, "I learned a lot by just reading your books."

Jaejoong said, "I don't need powers to know that something is bothering you."

Yunho shook his head and said, "I found another alternative not to be controlled by time wizards."

Jaejoong asked, "What is it?"

"It said here that you and Tao found it difficult to fight the Chinese in the northern border of Buyeo because--" Yunho began but Jaejoong cut across and said.

"No," Jaejoong said firmly.

Yunho walked past Jaejoong and said, "It is not you who decides for me. I allowed you to be my tutor, but not to be the one who decides for me."

Jaejoong was stunned; this is the first time that Yunho answered him like that. Yunho, on the other hand, continued, "Your unrequitted love towards King Gwangjong...I hope it ceased by now."

Jaejoong turned to Yunho. Yunho said, "Keep distance as much as possible, Jaejoong. I don't want...I don't want..."

"Want what?" Jaejoong asked. 

Yunho did not reply as he went out of the library. Jaejoong was suddenly accompanied by Yoochun and Junsu.

"Does Yunho like you?" Junsu asked Jaejoong.

"Eh? What makes you say that?" Jaejoong asked, dumbfounded by his brother's question.

It was Yoochun who answered. He said, "He became upset when he read So's letter to you. Why would he?"

Jaejoong shook his head and said, "Stop saying such nonsense and go to your positions already."

Yoochun and Junsu nodded and disappeared after a bright flash of light. Jaejoong then said to himself, "He learned much from me, my brothers, Irene, the others, and the books here, but I guess he learned too much. I...No. We must not. Jaejoong, keep your guard up."

 

Irene and JYJ were on the rooftop of a building near the National Assembly Hall.

"Do you think Yunho's plan will work?" Irene asked.

Yoochun answered, "It's a great plan, but Yunho has not been in this business for that long. He's risking hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter