Crossing Borders: Preparation for the literal crossing

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho was in his room and was about to go out when he noticed that the hands of his clock stopped. Suddenly, Jimin and J-Hope were at his sides. 

"Well?" Jimin asked.

Yunho snickered as he said, "You know, Rap Monster and the others greet properly first. You beat J-Hope out of it."

"Jeoha," J-Hope said as he bowed. 

Jimin said, his anger rising, "We placed you on your throne!"

Yunho then said, "And I have been doing everything that BTS asks me to. In turn, they respect me. Why can't you? Ah...Jealous?"

Jimin was about to attack Yunho when J-Hope said, "Namjoon will be mad at you."

Jimin shook his head and disappeared, turning into a pile of ashes. J-Hope said, "Joesonghaeyo, Jeoha (I'm sorry, Your Highness), he really gets angry all the time."

Yunho then said, "Everything is according to plan; BTS made it possible for the UN and the US to recognize me. You were also able to make Chairman Kim meet me in two days. Meanwhile, we have set up for the positions..."

Yunho suddenly snapped his fingers and the room around the two suddenly broke as if it was glass. J-Hope smiled and said, "Jaejoong has been teaching you well."

"I hope you are not found out in BTS," Yunho said worriedly.

"Shouldn't you be afraid of me? I am the only vampire in this world can shut down anyone from my mind. You have no idea of what I am thinking of," J-Hope said.

Yunho shook his head and said, "You like to take care of Namjoon as I would like to take care of Jaejoong. I saw through your sincerity. Besides, you showed me that mark. But you won't still tell me where that mark came from?"

"I cannot tell you; the moment I do I'll die," J-Hope said. He continued, "What is your plan with Chairman Kim?"

Yunho said, "I'll make sure that he does not resurrect his grudge against Taeyeon...But you make sure that BTS does."

 

"The Crowned Prince is entering!" someone shouted. 

The doors of the Royal Court Hall opened; it showed the different ministers standing up and giving a bow towards Yunho who was walking slowly to inspect. Wearing his royal hanbok, Yunho scanned the room. No extra spies for today, Yunho thought. 

As the morning assembly with the Crowned Prince progressed, Jaejoong, Irene, and Changmin were watching from a room in the mansion. 

"How are the preparations for our little trip up North?" Jaejoong asked.

Irene answered, "Everyone's ready; though they are asking why only selected few are going with JYJ."

Jaejoong said, "Isn't it obvious that I want some people to stay to protect South Korea?"

Irene commented, "But you only got me, Changmin, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, and Chen?"

"It was Yunho's request," Jaejoong answered. He continued, "He said to choose only a few; he knew Chairman Kim's grudge against Taeyeon."

"Why does Chairman Kim have a grudge against Taeyeon-noona?" Changmin asked. 

Jaejoong answered, "Before the Korean War, The founder of North Korea and Taeyeon were friends. But, Il Sung had different plans; he wanted Taeyeon to be his wife. He thought that having one of the most powerful shamans of Korea would turn the tides of the Korean War."

Taeyeon appeared after a bright light suddenly emerged. She said, "Il Sung-sshi was greatly mistaken. SM did not side with anyone during the Korean War. We only saved the civilians."

Changmin asked again. "If that is the case, what did SM do during all those events in history?"

Jaejoong chuckled and said, "We only helped civilians. We never got involved."

Irene then said, "That is why there are some before who did not like the idea of SM getting involved with Yunho and the monarchy."

"Then...Why bring Taeyeon-noona with us in North? Won't it spark Kim Jongwoon's anger?" Changmin asked.

Jaejoong said, "Better ask your brother about that."

 

Yunho met Minister Lee/Onew and other ministers. They were talking when Prime Minister Park Hyunshik arrived. 

"You are late, prime minister," Yunho greeted as he stood up and nodded to the prime minister.

The Prime Minister answered, "Should I be running everytime you call for us?"

One of the other ministers said, "Say sorry to the Crowned Prince right this instant! You may be the prime minister but you are the youngest of us here!"

Yunho waved his hand at the minister reprimanding the prime minister and said, "Let him be. Not everyone should be pleased with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter