The Birth of U-Know Part 2: Jung Yunho, Crowned Prince U-Know

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At Bukhansan (Mount Bukhan), a bright light flashed and Jaejoong appeared afterwards. He was in front of three stone piles that was hidden from most people by a spell. 

"Eomma mama (Mother), Aba mama (Father)," Jaejoong began as he bowed down to the stone piles. On top of them glowed a faded piece of wood where one can read 'Here's lies a traitor, supposed to be king, his wife, and family.'

Jaejoong continued, "I finally found Namjoon. Finally I can..."

Jaejoong stoppped as he felt someone watching him. The presence he was feeling was strange yet familiar. Jaejoong, hoping it was the person who he think it is, continued. He said, "I can apologize to Namjoon. I was not able to protect him. I was not able to protect you. I was obssessed in helping Jumong that I neglected you...That they used you against me..."

 

Days passed and Yunho was started to get into his role. He would study politics, ettiquette, and even attend briefings by Onew/Minister Lee. Sometimes, Prime Minister Park Hyunshik visits, and President Choi Siwon would conduct some of the classes himself. At night, the SM leaders would take turns on tutoring Yunho while being watched by JYJ, or most of the time Jaejoong alone. The leaders made a tough decision on this...

 

~Flashback~

"I think you all know why I asked a personal meeting tonight," Jaejoong began as he convened the Council of SM.

Suho, the leader of EXO tribe, said, "I thought we will not be involving ourselves in politics ever again? That Choi Siwon-sshi and Onew-hyung are the only exemptions?"

Taeyeon, leader of Girls' Generation tribe, answered, "This is different. Now that we know that someone manipulated the Presidency for two, almost three, presidents already is alarming. We should at least make sure that this new change is for the people."

Irene, leader of Red Velvet tribe, commented, "I believe that BTS is pulling far more strings than we know."

"Are wwe just being afraid that someone seems to be more powerful than us?" Leeteuk, leader of Super Junior tribe, asked. 

Yoochun looked at him and said, "We...Well I never thought that we are the most powerful. We do things for politicians, for the people, and for the supernaturals, and we decided to form this council to be one group, but never it has occured to me that we are somewhat the leaders, or politicians."

"I am the only Chinese one around here," Victoria, leader of f(x) tribe said. She continued, "But Korea has been my home. I believe that we do things for the benefit of this country, and that will always be my motivation. If this groups departs from it, I will not hesitate to leave, and you all know that."

Junsu said, "I say we just help out Yunho. He is a vampire now, and not just any vampire; he acquired vampiric powers through Onew, one of the most powerful vampires that existed. We help him find his own way, like how Sejong and Gwangjong found theirs. We never asked anything from them."

Everyone went silent, thinking. Then, they turned their eyes on Jaejoong. Everyone knew that his words would matter the most.

Finally, Jaejoong said, "I...I cannot say anything. There is too much personal emotions involved. I abstain."

"You cannot abstain," Leeteuk commented, "You are sitting at the--"

"Same level as you are Leeteuk," Jajeoong said with conviction that makes him the natural leader that he is. 

"I abstain, for you all know that Yunho...Yunho and I might be starting something that we might regret later on. My emotions say I should just go for it and try, but my rational head says no. This is the reason I abstain," Jaejoong said. 

Yoochun and Junsu knew this. They knew that Jaejoong was becoming more confused every time he goes and trains Yunho. The way Yunho does his best; the way Yunho tries to take care of Jaejoong every time they meet. They see their older brother's confusion. Yoochun then said, "Let us vote without hesitation. We are a democratic group; those who do not respect the decision of the majority may leave the group. Those who vote that we help Yunho, raise your hands."

~End of Flashback~

 

Every SM leader raised their hands that night because of Jaejoong, someone who became more cheerful and hopeful with Yunho. What Jaejoong said made them vote. One night, it was Jaejoong who was personally training Yunho brawl fight. Yoochun, Leeteuk, Irene and Changmin were there to watch. 

"I never saw Jaejoong so..." Leeteuk said but Yoochun finished Leeteuk's sentence for him.

"Engaged? Interested? Hyung, you have seen him like that before," Yoochun said.

Leeteuk shook his head and said, "If you were referring with Wang So, you, Irene and I both know that he was restraining himself. He's tense every time he and Wang So duels. Wang So never--"

"He figured it out," Irene said. She continued, "Wang So told me that he sort of guessed of what Jaejoong-oppa was feeling for him when Jaejoong almost challenged Wang Yo, who became king that time, to the succession."

Yoochun commented, "No wonder. Hyung went out of his way; he would never do something to challenge the succession, even if it's done greedily."

Leeteuk agreed and said, "Jaejoong always believed in the guidance of the deities."

"Which made him wise and strong; that point served him well," Changmin suddenly said out of nowhere.

The three SM leaders looked at Changmin. Leeteuk said, "How could you--"

"Changmin!" Yunho called.

As Changmin went to his hyung, Irene said, "I can't help but notice how Changmin is...I mean, he seems--"

"To know something that we do not," Yoochun finished for Irene. He continued, "Jaejoong-hyung and Junsu also said the same thing before. Even I can notice it. I just can't figure out what."

Leeteuk then noticed a dragonfly on top of Changmin's shoulder. Leeteuk, a wizard, tried to call the dragonfly using a simple spell, but the dragonfly seems to be just looking at Leeteuk.

Irene commented, "The dragonfly did not respond to you, oppa."

The dragonfly then flew away. Leeteuk then said, "Strange that a dragonfly is here. We are in North Pole...Speaking of which, why is the training here?"

Yoochun said, "Both Yunho and Changmin's power are strongest during daytime. Since it is day time for 6 months here, we decided to do it here so that BTS cannot track what we are doing."

"Speaking of BTS," Leeteuk said as he sat back down. He continued, "Super Junior has also been looking for traces of BTS. It seems that BTS does clean business except that they, of course, cannot hide the products that they give their clients."

"Which are...?" Irene asked.

"Explosive, illegal drugs, and money," Leeteuk answered.

Yoochun said, "It is difficult to research for someone who has the power to erase every trace of him."

"Jaejoong-oppa said he's doing something to see if the BTS leader is indeed his brother Kim Namjoon," Irene said. 

 

Apart from the training Yunho is receiving, he has always made one or two nights spent with Jaejoong alone. The two would have their own, as Jaejoong would put it, training at North Pole. This, however, would usually end up with the two eating, or reading a book. Tonight was not an exemption to that. 

"Jaejoong," Yunho said as he sat down beside Jaejoong. Yunho continued, "I saw this book hidden in your library."

Jaejoong shook his head; Yunho developed a habit of looking for secret books and letters that Jaejoong hid in the mansion library. Jaejoong said, "This is one secret book I sincerely wish you have not found."

Yunho opened it and saw that it was written in Chinese characters. Yunho cannot read it all, but he knew that some of the characters spelled out Jaejoong's name in Chinese. "What is this?" Yunho asked.

"My diary from the start until the finish of Goryeo dynasty," Jaejoong answered. He continued, "Are you sure that you would really want to read that?"

"Why?" Yunho asked.

"Almost half of that book is about Wang So," Jaejoong said, slightly smiling. He grew fond of Yunho being jealous of Wang So. 

Yunho looked at Jaejoong gravely, and threw the book to the ground. "Yah," Jaejoong said as he willed the book to come to his hand. He continued, "Why throw this? This contains well-noted secrets of the Goryeo dynasty."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter