All Of A Sudden He Is The Bait?

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong woke up with sounds of crackling usually heard when there is fire. He looked at his window and saw Yunho and Yeri, the keeper of the fire gem in Red Velvet, having a duel; their flamethrowers are connected and trying to overpower the other. 

"Woah," Yeri said, "So this is how powerful solar fire is."

"How is it, Yeri-sshi?" Yunho asked.

Yeri said, "Powerful...But..."

Yeri released more fire, making Yunho take a few steps back. Yunho also released more fire, making Yeri take a step back. Jaejoong then got up, put on a shirt, and teleported to the garden where the duel was taking place. When Jaejoong appeared, he saw that the other Red Velvet members are there watching, along with Changmin, Yoochun and Junsu. 

"I think I overslept," Jaejoong said. He then asked, "Did I miss something?"

Yoochun shook his head and said, "Not that much. Though, I must say, Yunho is a good fighter; not only with his hands, but with swords and guns also."

"Really?" Jaejoong asked as he sat down beside Yoochun on the steps in front of the mansion door. "How was Yunho?" Jaejoong inquired. 

Yoochun elaborated, "He knows how to fight with the weapon that he has; he's experienced."

Jaejoong then said, "Maybe from the boydguard training." He then stood up and said, "Stop! It's a stalement!"

Jaejoong said this for Yeri and Yunho have not yet given up casting their flamethrowers but the two have started to be tired out. The two followed and stopped dueling. Suddenly, a bright light flashed and Taeyeon appeared with Leeteuk. A dark shadow then appeared and formed to be Onew; a water tornado also suddenly formed to be Suho.

"What is it?" Jaejoong suddenly asked.

"Siwon just declared publicly his plan," Taeyeon said. 

 

Everyone went to the living room to watch on television the announcement:

President Choi Siwon was speaking on a press conference in front of the Blue House. He said, "...And after all of that, I will now reveal my plan to restore back the pride that was once Korea."

A reporter suddenly yelled, "What is that, Mr. President?"

President Choi said with a smirk, "I am planning to restore the Monarchy of Joseon, reforming the government of South Korea, and asking North to join us."

Obviously, people around buzzed with questions; the people and staff of President Choi at his back were also surprised. Back at the mansion, everyone (except Changmin) made a disgruntled noise. 

"Why didn't he wait?" Jaejoong asked. He continued, "Wasn't that the agreement?"

Changmin said, "There must be something."

Junsu did not miss that there was a sudden change in Changmin's usual tone. Junsu said, "What do you mean?"

"Ani," Changmin answered, "He can't just announce this without a reason right?"

Junsu noticed again that Changmin changed back to his original tone, but disregarded it and nodded in reply. 

Onew said, "I'm Minister of Education, a deputy of the Prime Minister, but I have no idea. How much more the Prime Minister?"

Yunho then stood up. He said, "Changmin is right; there must be a reason."

Everyone looked at Yunho. Jaejoong then asked, "So what are you going to do about it?"

Yunho looked again at the screen. The President was being silent for about five minutes already. When everyone finally remained quiet, President Choi said, "This is normal, for everyone to question. However, I will answer all questions on Monday, with the future king of New Joseon. That is all."

 

After the press conference of the President on TV, Yunho asked for time alone in his room, but he allowed Changmin to be with him. Meanwhile, the Council of SM held a meeting. 

"Leeteuk-oppa," Victoria said to break the silent council, "What is the President thinking?"

Leeteuk shook hsi head and answered, "Every since he became the President, he cut off communications with us, Super Junior. He is still our member, but I cannot read his moves and motives."

Taeyeon then said, "Siwon has always been a man of action and everyone knows that. He told the council the reason for him running as president, right?"

Onew then said, "He assigned me to be the Minister of Education suddenly."

Junsu commented, "We can talk about this, but we still will not be able to know unless we ask him."

Jaejoong said, "Go back to your tribes and places. Secure the cities that you swore to protect and guard. JYJ and Yunho will talk to Siwon right now. Until we get back, I vote that the council is on an alarmed status to secure our homes, families and friends."

Yoochun and Junsu said, "We vote in favor of Jaejoong-hyung's motion."

Everyone else in the council agreed. 

 

Yunho remained silent and solemn as he waited for JYJ to be ready to go to the Blue House. Changmin said worriedly, "Hyung, I hope everything will be okay."

Yunho just nodded as a reply. JYJ then teleported right in front of the two brothers. Jaejoong said, "Ready?"

Yunho nodded. Yunho placed his hands on top of Jaejoong's shoulder and the three teleported to go to the Blue House. They appeared in front of the President, who was reading a letter. 

"President Choi," Jaejoong said.

The four noticed that the President was tense and it took him a full minute before he said, "Hyungnim..."

Yunho looked around. Afterwards, Yunho produced a shield of fire. 

"Why...?" Yoochun asked.

Yunho answered, "Someone was definitely spying on us."

President Choi then said, "I can do this for ten seconds for Yunho is right."

The President then put his hand on the letter he was reading and a duplicate was made. "Get this, Jaejoong-hyung and let the Council know of this. Please," the President said.

Jaejoong nodded and teleported back to the mansion. The four men appeared at the mansion's living room, where Changmin was waiting for them.

"Back already? What happened?" Changmin asked worriedly. 

Jaejoong said to Yoochun, "Call the council members but we are still on alert."

 

Jaejoong had the the letter that President Choi gave him floating above his palm while the other council members were waiti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter