Crossing Borders: Yunho's Big Plan

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Council of SM was in session; this time Yunho was with them. Yunho and Changmin were standing behind the chairs of JYJ. 

As the other members of the council were settling down, Changmin went close to Yunho and said, "Hyung, aren't you supposed to get a seat or something?"

Yunho shook his head and said, "They are supposed to be neutral. We... I cannot get involved."

Changmin just nodded. Changmin went back to his place when Jaejoong started to speak. 

"I called for this meeting for Irene saw his father," Jaejoong said calmly. 

The statement sent chills to the members of the council, and everyone else who was there at the chamber. Taeyong said, "Hyungnim, does this mean--"

"We are not sure yet," Irene answered. She continued, "The thing is, I know and I have a memory of seeing and feeling him, but I do not remember the face he used."

"Whichever face he used, the important thing is whether he gave a message or not. If he did, there must be something that we should do. If not, then Irene met him at the wrong time," Changmin said suddenly.

Everyone looked at him in surprise. He shook his head and said, "Ani... In Jaejoong-hyung's diary, it was stated there the first time Hwanin-nim appeared to Irene..."

Yoochun nodded and said, "It really was in the diaries... So, Irene, did he say something to you?"

Irene shook her head and said, "No. He just made me appear in front of Jaejoong-oppa."

Leeteuk said, "When was the last time that Hwanin-nim appeared?"

Junsu answered, "Wang Wook's coronation... Hwanin-nim appeared to Irene and said that we should step in and remove Wang Wook from the throne. That it was not meant to be..."

Wang Wook? The 3rd king of Goryeo? Hyeongjong? Yunho thought. 

Yes, he was the one Jaejoong answered Yunho's thoughts.

Jaejoong then said, "Whatever this appearance may mean, it only means that Hwanin-nim has once again felt the need to inter..."

"What is it?" Yoochun asked Jaejoong as he stopped in midsentence. 

"Solar fire... Hwanin-nim last appeared during the process of a wielder of solar fire needs to ascend to power..." Jaejoong said.

 

The meeting proceeded with the last instructions before the trip to North Korea. After the meeting adjourned, Yunho went to Irene and said, "Irene, can we talk?"

Irene looked at Jaejoong for approval. As Jaejoong nodded, Irene and Yunho teleported to the mansion garden. 

Yunho then said, "Irene... I thought the first king of Gojoseon was your brother?"

Irene clarified, "Their family was the first one to adopt me, so I say that. However, I know that Hwanin-nim created me from a mixture of elements, and then put that mixture into a woman. I was born, but the woman abandoned me for she had me without a father. That itself is a scary thing to experience, being pregnant all of a sudden."

"J-Hope said that he and Siwon are under Hwanin-nim's instructions," Yunho said.

"What?" Irene said in surprise.

Yunho nodded and said, "If you are his daughter, I think you should know this. He is on the move; J-Hope said that he wants Jaejoong and his brother to be reunited."

Irene shook her head and said, "He is a deity; his reason would not be as simple as that. Anyway, for now, let things be."

"Why?" Yunho asked, hoping that Irene would offer some help.

"There is nothing to help. He has a plan that we cannot interfere with. You are already in the mess of politics and the underworld, Yunho," Irene answered.

Yunho said, "Once everything is settled, I will step down and just be with Jaejoong."

Irene then asked, "How?"

 

Yunho was being driven towards the DMZ. From there, Chairman Kim would receive him and have the talks there. He is in the middle car of a long car convoy. After a few hours, he arrived at the DMZ. Chairman Kim, at the same time, walked out of a building and was seen walking towards the DMZ line. Yunho, wearing the traditional clothes for the crowned prince, waited for Chairman Kim. The two men finally met, and Yunho suddenly gave a big bow to Chairman Kim. This caught everyone off-guard, and the people of the South had no choice but to follow Yunho. 

Yunho rose up and said, "It is nice to meet you, Chairman Kim."

Chairman Kim responded, "You are different, U-know Seja"

"Seeing and hearing this, I take it that you somehow acknowledge me?" Yunho asked carefully.

Chairman Kim chuckled and said, "We'll see."

During this exchange, JYJ, Irene, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, and Chen crossed borders. The group rested at a cave near the DMZ while the formalities are happening.

Taeyeon asked, "Should I really do this?"

Yoochun nodded and said, "If not now, when?"

Irene then said, "Wait... Something does not feel right about this?"

"What do you mean?" Junsu asked.

Irene answered, "Ani... We just crossed all too easy. BTS did not even bother Yunho... Seolma..."

Jaejoong nodded and said, "Yunho is planning something bigger. That's why Irene... You are here. He wants only a few but powerful beings with him, but more powerful back in the South. I saw it in his mind, and he probably allowed that. Something bigger is going on here. Now that I know that even Hwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter