Chapter 9

The Beautiful Beast's Desire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once the new set first hit in the cafe, more people came to try it out. Red velvet cake in purple color did a good job on drawing customers in. Although blue lemonade didn’t fit with the look, but the cake set blended enough to be the center of attention. Not ordering the marshmallows was a good idea, and they ordered more pure lemons for the drinks. Jongdae suggested ‘why not add some soda’, and the taller replied ‘let’s save it for summer’. Things changed drastically to the workers lately, especially to Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol had been smiling since then. Every time when Baekhyun entered the kitchen, his face lit up. Something that Jongdae didn’t tell him when Chanyeol gets too trusted with his friends or close relatives, physical intimacy involves. Since Baekhyun is quite small, Chanyeol easily leaned his head on the smaller’s shoulder because his back was sore. Baekhyun blushed immediately on the contact. He even tried to hide it, he couldn’t when he’s near his mate. He could feel Chanyeol’s breath tickled his neck as they waited the oven to go off. They even accidentally brushed his hands together as they reached out to take the pastry out the oven, and Baekhyun was first to react as his face gone red which made Chanyeol laughed.

 

Kris, on the other hand, visited the cafe more regularly. He always sat on his usual table spot every afternoon, reading the newspaper. His assistant was by his side when he was needed, and Baekhyun finally knew his name when Kris called his name for a talk. Kris wasn’t loitering around, and because of him, his pack came to visit to crowd the cafe, since they were craving for sweets. Baekhyun felt thankful for that, Chanyeol’s cafe was getting well known by the public.

 

 

 

 

It was a month later, Baekhyun taking a break from working. During lunch break, it was busy for them, and when the customers had lessened afterwards, the omega made his way to meet Kris. However, he was surprised to see Chanyeol was on the seat as well. Both of them were looking stressed, as Chanyeol staring seriously at a card lying on the table, while Kris crossed his arms and the eyebrows met. Yixing, who was standing there, gave Baekhyun a worried look. Baekhyun never felt how intense the situation was.

 

“What’s going on?” The omega decided to break the silence. The two turned to him.

 

Chanyeol sighed. “We got a problem. Someone we knew will have his wedding ceremony next week, and we have to prepare a cake for him. The thing is...”

 

Kris continued. “Luhan is a picky eater. He wanted his wedding to be memorable, so he wanted Chanyeol to bake him a cake that no one has it in the world.”

 

“Why me?! I have experimented a lot of cakes, but there’s nothing new to make one of the kind!”

 

“Says the expert who wanted to own a cafe. Of course you have a lot of ideas in your mind. Furthermore, who else am I going to ask? Luhan even personally asked for you!”

 

Baekhyun watched them fighting words back and forth, and he felt slightly guilty about asking. He started to consider if Luhan is a picky eater, it has something to do with what he likes. He wanted to ask Kris about Luhan, but Chanyeol ushered to follow him. When Chanyeol and he stood still in the kitchen, in front of an empty table, Chanyeol held on papers and a pen. He sat on a round chair before cracking his fingers.

 

“Okay, brainstorming time. We need a theme.” Chanyeol said as he looked at Baekhyun.

 

The omega frowned. “We can’t start if you don’t tell me about Luhan. I have no idea who he is.”

 

The other nodded. “Kris is a better explanation to this. Luhan is his cousin though.”

 

‘Cousin’... Which means Luhan is also a wolf, from the Wu pack. That would explain why he’s a picky eater. Wolf taste bud is different than human, and their food selection is limited.

 

“Luhan is calm and collected person. Kris said he likes to go out to watch the moonlight almost every night. Although he loves to eat meat and fish, he is okay with sweets, but only vanilla attached to him the most.”

 

“What about his favorite color?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Maybe... blue? Kris didn’t tell me, but the last time Luhan came to our cafe, he kept glancing over blue colored cakes.”

 

Then he beamed at Chanyeol. “That’s your start! Blue theme!”

 

Chanyeol smiled. “I was thinking the same too. We put three stacks of cakes with a simple white cream...” And he started to scribble the design on the paper while pouring his idea out.

 

Baekhyun watched him in amused. This is Chanyeol’s passion about pastries. He could listen for hours, but he has to focus as well. Chanyeol needed his help with the ideas, and he’ll try his best. They’ve been discussing for almost an hour, until they ran out of ideas.

 

“I would say the beach. It does make you calm.” Baekhyun suggested.

 

“Beach is pretty common for wedding cakes. Our last customer ordered from me two months ago with the beach theme. We could do the same, but different design.”

 

Baekhyun hummed. “What else you think about blue environment?”

 

Chanyeol scrolled down the internet browser on his phone, thinking what is more suitable than the beach. The omega patiently waiting for him as he looked at the almost full scribbled of a paper. It was a mess. It didn’t take long before he noticed Chanyeol shifted his sitting position with wide eyes. That showed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter