Chapter 6

The Beautiful Beast's Desire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of an argument woke the poor omega up. Baekhyun didn’t know how long he’s been unconscious, but he recognized a strong scent upon waking up. He blinked weakly to get the blurry view away. The unfamiliar white ceiling was the first thing he noticed. Where is this place? Why Chanyeol’s scent is everywhere? The omega groaned as he slowly sat up. While he was still dizzy, he looked around to get a better view to find out where he was. The room was so foreign to him. He didn’t remember lying on a large bed, surrounding by bright walls. He didn’t remember he owned a room with wooden furnitures placed on every corner. He didn’t remember he bought a plush bear, which was sitting right next to him. However the strong smell was enough to make him realize, this isn’t his shared room with Minseok at all.

 

Everything around him belongs to Chanyeol. He’s in Chanyeol’s room.

 

Baekhyun slowly reached out for the plush doll, but stopped when he saw his wrist was wrapped with a bandage. His other wrist was also the same. Observing carefully, he checked himself where else he was injured. Apparently, his neck and head were bandaged as well. He tried to move his jaw, but winced when there’s a small pain hurting his left cheek. Perhaps the bruise was already swelling up.

 

His hearing sense picked up on the voices again. He recognized the voices so well.

 

“You’re not coming to the cafe today. He is your responsibility.” That’s Jongdae’s voice.

 

“But who’s going to look after the kitchen? What about the cakes?”

 

“I’ll handle the cakes, you look after him. Got it?”

 

Then he heard the door closed.

 

The omega felt sorry. Jongdae just said he is Chanyeol responsibility. It sounded right, but for Baekhyun, it was a force request. He made Chanyeol to take care of him for such a small matter. This was wrong. Feeling guilty gotten into him, Baekhyun uncovered the blanket around him, and slowly tried to get up from the bed. He needed to talk to Chanyeol, and leave. His legs were shaking. Not even passing the first step of walking, his head started throbbing in pain. The alpha really hit his head hard.

 

He tried to walk forward. Unfortunately, he tripped his own foot, causing to fall. The omega closed his eyes on reflex, expecting to fall on the floor. But he didn’t. When he slowly opened his eyes, someone’s arms were holding him still from falling.

 

“You shouldn’t get off from the bed when you’re injured.”

 

The omega lifted his head up, surprised to see that Chanyeol was holding on him. He didn’t hear him coming. Chanyeol was looking casual, with a simple tee and long pants. His hair is down, the bangs were visible. He looks like an attractive teenage boy than being a stunning man at work. Baekhyun was almost lost of words.

 

“Boss, I...”

 

Chanyeol shook his head, slowly leading the omega back to bed. “We aren’t at work, so drop that boss formality. You’re free to call me by my name.” Once Baekhyun was settled in the bed, Chanyeol checked on him. “Are you alright? Is your head still hurting? Talk to me.”

 

Baekhyun liked the way Chanyeol spoke to him, very gentle and soothing. It made him feel secure. “Slightly dizzy, but I’ll be alright.”

 

“But you got attacked. And I wasn’t there.” The taller’s tone was concerned. “Did you remember how the attacker looks like? We can report this to the police.”

 

Baekhyun looked down to his fingers. “It was too dark. I can’t see his face, but he was tall. He was really strong too, and he--”

 

Baekhyun stopped, recalling what the alpha did to him. It was terrifying. The alpha left him some horrible scars in his memory. Trying to force mate him, ended up getting injured. He didn’t want to go through that again. The omega started to shake. He bit his lower lip, trying to keep calm, but the tears suddenly fell. In haste, he wiped the tears away with his injured hands. Chanyeol registered that his little employee was sobbing. Carefully, he wrapped one arm around the omega, and rubbed him on the shoulder. Baekhyun froze his movement when Chanyeol did that. They had never gotten this close. The omega could smell Chanyeol’s perfume on his chest. His emotion was up and down, whether to be angry over the abusive alpha, or victorious over Chanyeol, who was half hugging him.

 

“It’s okay. You’re safe here. I’m sorry I asked.” Chanyeol tried his best to console the poor Baekhyun.

 

The other shook his head lightly. “It’s okay. It’ll go away. Can we... not talk about this? It scares me.”

 

“Sure.”

 

Baekhyun’s tears subsided later, and he almost whined when Chanyeol let him go. The taller stood up as he smiled gently at him. “I should get you something to eat. You must be hungry. Oh! Jongdae isn’t going to be happy if you’re planning to go home soon. Looks like you’re trapped in here, mate.”

 

The omega blinked on call ‘mate’. Chanyeol used to call him that when he was in wolf form back then. But more importantly...

 

“Why? Was Jongdae mad at me?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Uh... no. He was actually mad at me instead because I wasn’t cautious after what happened. So I am going to take care of you until you’re ready to walk by your own.” The taller explained, which made the other widened his eyes.

“Won’t I be a bother to you? “

 

“That’s not it...” Chanyeol seemed thinking of his choice of words. Baekhyun looked at him in curiosity. “As your boss, I have rights to take care of my own employee until they’re safe and sound. To be honest, I am worried about you.”

 

And to be honest, Baekhyun’s face did flush red on the confession. “Is that so? Then I’m okay with it... I don’t feel like going out too...”

 

“That’s great!” Chanyeol smiled brightly. “I’ll get you some food, but promise me you’ll rest a lot.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter